• Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://old.reddit.com/r/ussoccer/co...gainst_panama/

https://twitter.com/DatitosRivera/st...52759636922369

Bad news, Panama's 2nd match may be against USA instead of us

Dang, I was really looking forward to playing them :|

Comment

wasn’t there supposed to be a friendly that we were going to play in the USA like a couple years back? against colombia or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
        wasn’t there supposed to be a friendly that we were going to play in the USA like a couple years back? against colombia or something like that?
        Not that I recall. I would have been all over those (potential) ticket sales.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
          Not that I recall. I would have been all over those (potential) ticket sales.
          there actually was. Colombia were in talks to play us somewhere in east kost and then they were going to play US in friendly subsequently.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            there actually was. Colombia were in talks to play us somewhere in east kost and then they were going to play US in friendly subsequently.
            Oh man, really? How did I miss that? I guess I'm glad I did, cause it would have been yet another disappointment in my long career as a TM fan

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              I think AFC will force all the games in Qatar and another location to minimize travel.
              Hopefully not, as playing in Azadi would be a huge advantage for us.
              But if it continues like this with Covid-19, they would likely make such a decision.
              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

According to Zenit St. Petersburg, our 2nd match is against Iran B-team in Tehran on November 17th:

https://en.fc-zenit.ru/news/2020-10-...kie-matchi.htm

Sardar Azmoun called up by Iran

Dragan Skočić has named his Iran squad for their upcoming international games.

Sardar Azmoun has been named as part of the Iranian team that will play two friendly matches, the first against Bosnia and Herzegovina in Sarajevo on 12 November and Iran B in Tehran on 17 November.

Serdar Azmoun has played 49 matches for his country and scored 32 goals.

Comment

Damn, it will be the worst thing ever if we dont make it to the WC this time around. We got like what, 16 or 17 legionaires in europe, out of which 2 play championsleague and 5 play europa league football.
                  So many of our current players and legionaires are gonna be in their absoloute prime years in 2 years time (Sardar 27, Ezzatollahi 26, Hosseini 26, Jahanbakhsh 29, Gholizadeh 26, Ghoddos 29, Taremi 30, Moharrami 26, Beyranvand 30, Abdezadeh 29, ..) It will surely be our worst WC miss in my opinion as worse or even worse than the 2002 miss

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                    According to Zenit St. Petersburg, our 2nd match is against Iran B-team in Tehran on November 17th:

https://en.fc-zenit.ru/news/2020-10-...kie-matchi.htm
                    The article says TM will play TM B. Very interesting.

Comment

It feels good to be a football fan of Team Melli. We have 4 players with clubs in the Europa League and 2 players in the Champions League. Sometimes I lose count and people have to remind me who else is in Europe and who else to follow.

If only we send defenders as many as we send attackers to Europe too. Either way we’re blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        The article says TM will play TM B. Very interesting.
                        Would they televise that game? Man if so I would be really excited to see 22 potential/starting team melli players going at it!

Comment

Playing TM B would suck, what a waste of a match day. They play against each other in training all the time we cannot afford to waste another match day after losing our friendly with Mali. What happened to IFF trying to reschedule that one?!
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

No no we aren't playing Iran B, that is just Zenit not knowing what else to write. They did that with the last camp too saying we're playing Tajikistan when in actual fact we were due to play Mali.
                            golbezanpodcast.com
                            twitter.com/GolBezan
                            instagram.com/GolBezan
                            youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia...#Current_squad

In case you missed it in other thread, these are the players Bosnia called up against Iran, the Netherlands, and Italy.

Comment

Btw, why since several years there are so many iranian players putting their first name on their shirt instead of their family name (like in 90% of the world?)??

We can see the trend in NT, in Iranian clubs playing in ACL and legionnaires in Europe or Qatar.

Comment

Working...
                                X