Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly Syria would be the ideal friendly for Iraq. They’re flying high rn top of their group with China and they are very similar in terms of pretty much everything tbh and yesss Oman for Bahrain perfect or even Qatar!! Bosnia is great because it gives skocic a perfect test to boost his own and the team morale in Front of a decent European team

Comment

With our Bosnia & Herzegovina friendly confirmed, our 2nd friendly is highly likely to be against Panama on the 17th of November in Turkey. (Yet to be confirmed, although still in negotiation phase between the 2 federations.)

Comment

On a sidenote, iraq sign a 2 year deal with umbro

Comment

I guess, given the scarcity, we should never complain which teams we play in a friendly and just be grateful we have FIFA day games, however playing teams like B&H and Panama, you would do on the way to a World Cup finals.
          I agree we need to mimic and rehearse games similar to Iraq and Bahrain. Qatar, Oman, Syria , if possible but unlikely, UAE,....
          sigpic
          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
            I guess, given the scarcity, we should never complain which teams we play in a friendly and just be grateful we have FIFA day games, however playing teams like B&H and Panama, you would do on the way to a World Cup finals.
            I agree we need to mimic and rehearse games similar to Iraq and Bahrain. Qatar, Oman, Syria , if possible but unlikely, UAE,....
            Qatar would be the best friendly

Comment

almost a year later , I still can not believe and get over that Japan loss in the AC !!!???
              If we would have beaten them , we would have beaten Qatar too I was sure of it !!!???

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                almost a year later , I still can not believe and get over that Japan loss in the AC !!!???
                If we would have beaten them , we would have beaten Qatar too I was sure of it !!!???
                ...and CQ would still be our coach.

Comment

IF , there are a lot of those scenario's , but not one of them is the reality
                  Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                  O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

It was one of those off games, that even happens to the best teams in the world such as Liverpool (7-2 loss to Aston Villa) or Brazil (7-1 loss to Germany) and it happened to TM as well, it was a freaky loss as they call it. As under Queiroz we barely lost any games and even if we did on rare occasions it was by a small margin. So the 3-0 was quite a shock to us, but it happens.

Comment

We always choke when we are considered favorites. I remember after the quarterfinal against China how the media( iranian and foreign) were saying that Iran will win the whole thing etc... Even here people were predicting 3,4-0 scores against Japan lol. I think the boys underestimating Japan( their only good game in the tournament was against us!) coupled with that shitty first goal led to our downfall.
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Sorry if this has been posted before, but i found this on FIFA website from 25 june.
                        ”o to extend the June 2021 window by seven days for the AFC, CAF, Concacaf and the OFC in order to facilitate the playing of four games instead of the current two.” Looks like we will be playing our 4 remaining games in june 2021.
                        https://www.fifa.com/who-we-are/news...19-relief-plan
                        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

No comments on this? 😊
                          If this is true then we will play 4 games while Bahrain and Iraq will play 3 in june.
                          If possible( highly unlikely) it would be great to swap the Hong Kong and Cambodia matches.
                          This would mean our last 3 games would be in Tehran and the team doensn’t have to travel back and forth as much.
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                            No comments on this? 😊
                            If this is true then we will play 4 games while Bahrain and Iraq will play 3 in june.
                            If possible( highly unlikely) it would be great to swap the Hong Kong and Cambodia matches.
                            This would mean our last 3 games would be in Tehran and the team doensn’t have to travel back and forth as much.
                            I think AFC will force all the games in Qatar and another location to minimize travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              I think AFC will force all the games in Qatar and another location to minimize travel.
                              like the nba bubble i assume?

Comment

Yea, we have always faired well vs gutter & most likely woulda beaten them to take the crown..! But Japan, nope I don’t think so ..! Regardless of us being number one ranked for years @ those time, we simply were never really overall a better team than japan, haven’t been that for decades, as a matter of fact.
                                There was still a good chance of narrowly beating japan but only if we weren’t missing Taremi to some stupid suspension & more importantly had we opted to Our Usual conservative defensive & counter attacking style rather than trying run @ & take the game to the Japanese & play outa character attacking game vs the most composed & organized & formidable footballing sides in all of Asia for years running..! & for that mistake I fully blame our stupid, Hashemite-Saaz media & unrealistically-demanding corrupt federation Pinning his already well-earned & fully deserved contract extension on winning AC & not only that but doing so playing attacking football ..! lol
                                Not to mention fking with CQ’s preparations schedule for AC..! Not only not paying his salary for quiet some times but also deny paychecks of his assistants & forcing the guy to blow up in the media In midst of tourney ..!!

As maaaast, ke bar maaast ..! We should be happy & feel lucky we even made it that far in AC considering the poisonous environment Surrounding our camp Throughout & shamefully so pre-AC ..!

Comment

Working...
                                X