This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
    Exactly. In summer of 2018, he was right on the edge of breaking into TM. And btw, Masoud only played sixty odd minutes against Morocco and zero minutes against Spain and Portugal... so had a small role in keeping Goli out of TM.
    Wasn't' Gholi injured?
    I would have loved him to be in TM, but there was so much media pressure on TM because of the Shojaei-Hajisafi-Israel club fiasco that if there was any hint of them not being on the squad, our TM would be constantly under press and media pressure and maybe even worse.

Comment

It’s not just about 2018. He’s not a player who came out of nowhere. Both him and Kaveh Rezaei showed their talents at U17 level. But when you have players who somehow gain fixed status (10+ years), you can’t bring new players into the team. Kaveh should have replaced Karim years ago. I mean the guy failed in two 2nd division leagues in Europe. Hajsafi was a starter for a team that was relegated to the 3rd division. What else is there to say?

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
        It’s not just about 2018. He’s not a player who came out of nowhere. Both him and Kaveh Rezaei showed their talents at U17 level. But when you have players who somehow gain fixed status (10+ years), you can’t bring new players into the team. Kaveh should have replaced Karim years ago. I mean the guy failed in two 2nd division leagues in Europe. Hajsafi was a starter for a team that was relegated to the 3rd division. What else is there to say?
        I keep wanting to drop this subject but I hear things that I can't comprehend. Are you saying that CQ was playing players because he was not allowed to drop them. Or didn't want to hurt their feelings??? Same CQ that shocked everyone when he dropped half of his central defense in Jalal Hosseini right before WC. Not the kind of coach that gets bullied into his team selection. You can argue that CQ's choice was not good for inviting Masoud, Karim or Haji Safi, but don't blame the players for accepting the invitation... what am i missing here. How did they "Gain fixed status" under CQ?

Comment

I keep wanting to drop this subject but I hear things that I can't comprehend. Are you saying that CQ was playing players because he was not allowed to drop them. Or didn't want to hurt their feelings??? Same CQ that shocked everyone when he dropped half of his central defense in Jalal Hosseini right before WC. Not the kind of coach that gets bullied into his team selection. You can argue that CQ's choice was not good for inviting Masoud, Karim or Haji Safi, but don't blame the players for accepting the invitation... what am i missing here. How did they "Gain fixed status" under CQ?
          That’s exactly what I am saying. How does SJH, a much more important player than Masoud, get thrown out the window without any communication? But Masoud, gets a cool 68 min against the weakest team and then disappears? Only played 2 minutes in one game at Asian Cup, so not even good enough for China, Oman, etc. Where does that 68 minutes come from in such an important game?

Comment

That’s exactly what I am saying. How does SJH, a much more important player than Masoud, get thrown out the window without any communication? But Masoud, gets a cool 68 min against the weakest team and then disappears? Only played 2 minutes in one game at Asian Cup, so not even good enough for China, Oman, etc. Where does that 68 minutes come from in such an important game?
            If you are saying that CQ should not have played Masoud in WC and Asian Cup, I agree with you. If you are saying that CQ should not have invited Masoud, I agree with you. But if you are saying that CQ was ok to invite and play Masoud, but Masoud should have refused the invitation or refused to play, you've got some explaining to do. Aren't players thought that coach's decision is always right and they are soldiers for their country and should not refuse to help their country.

Comment

If you are saying that CQ should not have played Masoud in WC and Asian Cup, I agree with you. If you are saying that CQ should not have invited Masoud, I agree with you. But if you are saying that CQ was ok to invite and play Masoud, but Masoud should have refused the invitation or refused to play, you've got some explaining to do. Aren't players thought that coach's decision is always right and they are soldiers for their country and should not refuse to help their country.
              I’m saying he didn’t want to play Masoud but he had to.

Comment

I think some people need to refresh themselves on Masoud's career and pedigree. In his pomp, one of the most technically gifted Iranian players ever. CQ knew you learn enough in 5 seasons of playing in La Liga and training in that environment to simply be dismissed at the earliest signs of age setting in. It's also why ARJ will hang around like a bad smell and rightly so.

Comment

I’m saying he didn’t want to play Masoud but he had to.
                  Ok. I did not know that. Can you share why he had to play Masoud? As I recall, Masoud was no Torabi in the sense of sucking up to the regime. He was vocal about letting women in the stadium, etc... Does he have compromising pictures of CQ? In which case, please don't share the photo!!!!

Comment

Ok. I did not know that. Can you share why he had to play Masoud? As I recall, Masoud was no Torabi in the sense of sucking up to the regime. He was vocal about letting women in the stadium, etc... Does he have compromising pictures of CQ? In which case, please don't share the photo!!!!
                    I am just being speculative. And I’m ending it with this post. But did you listen to Mahdavikia’s recent interview? People are trying to sabotage youth teams. You don’t think there is kesafat kaari going on at senior NT level? Just something to think about...

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      So Navidkia was starting Hajsafi ahead of Salmani today, he replaced Khalatbari @66 minutes and scored the 2nd goal of Sepahan vs Tractor.
                      Damn Khalatbari still playing!? lol..

Comment

CQ was willing to drop Iran's most established and starting goalkeeper (Rahmati); he was willing to drop Iran's most creative midfielder (Jabbari) at the time; he was willing to drop the 100+ capped captain (Jalal Hosseini) before the WC and replace him with a young player who had just emerged for his club that very season called Majid Hosseini with, iirc, not even a single cap for the national team to his name, and if he had any it was in the single digits. You think Hajisafi wields that much influence? Maybe Hajisafi was picked consistently for Iran for 13 years because he is one of Iran's best set piece takers and left-footed players; maybe it's because while a player like Milad Mohammadi is a better defender, Hajisafi was a better technical player on the ball and could utilized both in defense, on the wing, and in midfield; MAYBE it's because they guy has fantastic leadership qualities he has developed being the captain of various clubs and being alongside Team Melli captains like Mahdavikia, Nekounam, and Teymourian. Who in the national team setup ever said a bad word against him? Hajisafi was the best player in that FSV Frankfurt team by a mile, which was a sinking ship with or without him. He was scoring goals in that league from the halfway line. He followed that period by joining a Greek Europa league-qualifying team and immediately was snapped up by the best Greek team in their football's history. An average player doesn't coast his way to 100+ caps and a captaincy under seven different managers/caretakers. I guarantee this guy will be a great manager in the future, like Navidikia and Nekounam are proving to be and like Golmohammadi has proven to be, he has that sort of temperament, intelligence, and experience. Respect the man and the player.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          That will fall under BL’s wheelhouse
                          indeed
                          my advice;
                          hiring a buncha Dalai Lamas and temperament calming sport psychologists isnt really the solution our mental meltdowns in vital junctures of key games..!
                          we saw how much good it did us when CQ hired the best in the business in the run up to last AC....!
                          we are culturally and naturally a gheyrati and excitable, dramatic and sorta hotheaded people, we can't really help it being that way ..! but then again so are most of the goozoo ayrab teams we will be facing off against..!
                          the solution is to Teach our boys how to beat these dirty ayrabs at their own games(manships) not to try to turn a blind eye to it and lessen the intensity of our game approach in order to avoid overheating it..!
                          our players need more to be taught the proper application of professional gamesmanship and the fine art of how to get under the skin of your opponent and mindfk them outa their elements and objectives and get their team in hot water as a result..!

when you send our players in with that Objective in mind, ONLY Then they will remember throughout the match what they've been told to do to their opponents Hence easily recognize the Gamesmanship antics of the opposing team player's when they are attempting to lure them in to self-destruction...!! ITS THE GAME WITHIN THE GAME ...!!
                          You must teach and prepare our TM players on how to win that mental game within the football game..!! In other words, we (unlike say the Japanese..? ze German's?) simply dont have the temperament to play Defense in such gamesmanship aspects.... imo, we are much better apt to go on the Offense on these fronts, knowing full well that Ayrabs are equally if not more likely than us to succumb to it ..!

as far as specific advice ? i'd suggest initially in early minutes of the game to try n chill and First just observe the general temperament of the Ref... see how whistle and card-happy he maybe or not?, how sensitive and susceptible he may be to players arguing his decisions ? is the crowd or the coache's bitching on the sidelines is intimidating him into favorable calls or does he tend to ignore or does he lash out against it ? if you get a warning for or a dirty look from him on a 50/50 no whistle foul then dont push the envelope and commit another retarded foul shortly after the last incident while your face is recognizable to him .... if he fks up a call and/or gives your team a soft pk or benefit of the doubt on 50/50 challenge resulting in a FK or whatever and gets heavily n scolded booed etc in the process ... then chances are he will be looking to even the score by doing same for the opponent, so dont make it easy for him to do so .... especially shortly after the last beneficial incident ..!
                          find out who the more koskhol and kalekhar and hotheaded players in the opposing team and target the mindfking gamesmanship more towards them ... shoulder challenge their ass to the ground and then stand on top of them giving him an intimidating looks ...!
                          every player has certain strengths and certain weaknesses ....film study your most likey immediate marker's tendencies, qualities and shortcomings in order to better manhandle them physically and psychologically..!
                          there is a significant bit of Nervousness that is present in the beginnings and early minutes of the match for most all players ... whatever you do, Dont let your marker get the Best out of you Early on and on the initial attempts of the game, because then you loose the confidence war against them and now you got yourself a mountain to climb for the rest of the match to prove them to be your bitch and beneath you ...! whoever kills the confidence of their opponents on the early/initial minutes then they got them by the balls and likely can fk with them mentally and physically much much easier for the rest of the match..! this phenomenon is also true at the beginning of the 2nd half of the games..!
                          if the opponent falls behind in the match and your main marker who've made your bitch all game gets subbed out for another.... immediately go inYourFace style and welcome in your new marker before he can find their feet and let break their confidence right off the bat..!! learn a few insults and dirty remarks in their own language and cleverly/subliminally convey them to the right Head-cases on the opponent's ranks at their most vulnerable moments especially when they are in the ref's/own teammates' face for some stupid shitt or another..!

know the general laws of physics that are inherent in the nature of every game .... DONT FOOLISHLY GO AGAINST THE NATURE OF THINGS..!
                          i really dont know how to explain this but say for example in easily over 80-90% of final balls are Hit Directly to DIAGONALLY OPPOSITE Position on the other side of the court ....thats because in order for a player to hit it elsewhere on the court he'd then have to either contort himself or his wrist or leg and in the process he'd naturally have to take some pace off his hit in order to keep it from going out ...!hence you dont want to position yourself defensively where there is only less than 20% chance that the ball will likely to land but Directly diagonal from where the ball being hit...! same principal applies to volleyball blocking a hitter .... you've got to square your body agains the hitter etc.. ... dont put a shitty defensive player ever in the Middle back of the volleyball court ... because if your pay attention over 70-80 of the opponents final ball lands in the middle back area of the court...!! in football, especially at amateur levels from my recollections well over 60 percent of all CKs or even crosses end up landing on the far post and most player would run to near post or center of the box for it ..!!?
                          same sorta principal applies to football in various means and ways... if im marking a kale khar, super fast winger (say allahyaar or Amiri ) i wouldnt allow them a Direct Approach to the goal but by smartly positioning, i'd force them more towards the bylines and make them take the longest and least threatening route towards the goalmouth because i simply dont have the wheels to keep up with them if i open a direct route to the goal for them ..!

football (maybe not quiet as much as volleyball/tennis) but its still a Game of Momentums ... knowing how to keep your nerves when the momentum is going away from you/your team and waiting for it to return before you press the issue on the pitch is a must and not flaking out when the pressure mounts and then even more cleverly knowing how to kill off your opponent's momentum by whatever means necessary ... be it grass rolling etc is an art by itself which is hard to teach especially to low IQ players with temperament issues ..! you've gotto learn how to direct your gheyrat and anger positively in order to make a favorable change in the flow/momentum of the game...! sometimes its best not overdo it and instead try to focus doing the fundamentals right than to press the issue when the momentum is not going your way..! like get pissed off and try to hit a hard shot at your opponent rather than calming your tits and turn your focus instead towards keeping the ball in play and continued rally and wait for your opponent to loose his shitt and try to come up with a difficult and likey missed kill-shot..!

in a deadball situations in any sport for that matter there is that Vital final second and that last Look that the set-piece taker gives before unleashing their shot/serve/fk/pk... if you'r really clever enough like me then you know exactly when that look/glance occurs ..! and then only then is the time to flinch, move your hand leg, yell, move your body or do anything to Distract the server/fk/pk taker and make him fk it all up ....!! when you get good at doing that .... its when you know your a pro asshole opponent like me...!! lol

ps
                          if you are in a tight match against a tough and worthy opponent then dont ever try to play nice, fair play bs like help picking them up from the ground after a foul and telling them Good shot/serve or whatever.... because in addition of facing a formidable opponent now your facing one that is also FULL of Confidence and then your fked to win that duel..!
                          instead of good serve or good shot...you tell them like "az dastet dar raft ha...!!" az koon dar aavordiha.." shaansam khoob chizieh" ... etc...!
                          they barely miss a kill shot ... or a drop shot that woulda stuck you dead in your track .... and you tell them Shaans avordi ke nayamad ha..!! ke barmigardoondamesh right back in your face..and you'd be walking with Wilson tattooed on your forehead for a week now ...! hamon zadi biroon aabromandish kheyli behtar bood baraat..!!
                          etc etc etc ... i can go on all day..!!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            first welcome back.

Second, glad you mention salmani,. From clips I have seen of sepahan games he looks very exciting. strong physique and height, good defensive contribution, but also good passing quality and positional awareness.

Navidkia trusts him and I think that is a good indication of his level given how strong of a midfielder he was.

I hope Hajsafi coming back doesnt affect his game time. We desperately need a long term partner for ezatolahi in midfield. Emergence of ghoddos as a midfielder for brentford is very useful, and a mid 3 of some new guy, ezatolahi, and ghoddos would suddenly make us very solid there.

Vid of Salmani's beautiful run and goal today vs tractor
                            Thank you!

Yes he has been good but lets hope he keeps it up and in a league which lots of expired or old players are still around coach put his trust on him more often.

Young players development is a mystery in any sport and any where in the world, and 100 times more in Iran. Yes we need depth in this position, he is also a big guy and quite mobile.

Comment

TM list wen

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                                TM list wen
                                ^ Please see attached link and if you don't read Farsi basically it says that the list has gone to the national teams committee and they are doing the coordination with the clubs and it is supposed to be announced after week 18 of PGL that was yesterday. That means any day/minute now. I expect it between now and Sunday.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/174243...d8%aa%d9%87-18

Go TM!

Comment

Working...
                                X