X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The red card in this match totally fcked us

40 mins playing with a red card, we're honestly lucky they didn't equalize

1-0 got the job done with 10 men for almost an entire half. That isn't that bad. The sky isn't falling

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
      The red card in this match totally fcked us

40 mins playing with a red card, we're honestly lucky they didn't equalize

1-0 got the job done with 10 men for almost an entire half. That isn't that bad. The sky isn't falling
      Agha i actually think its other way round! They were really really really really lucky not to concede 2 more goals after the red. Taremi should've of scored that 1 to 1 chance . Gholizadeh should've also scored that 1 on 1 chance. Their goali also saved their ass few times (e.g. noorafkans header). I think they were really lucky that this match ended 1-0 . It should've been atleast 2-0.

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone here noticed but we haven't scored any goal from our set peices during this qualifiers (3rd round). Does anyone know when was the last time that we actually scored a goal from corner or from freekick?

Do you guy find this worrying too?
        So far out of 8 games we had :
        49 corners and 0 goals!

I think (not 100% sure), we had about:
        10 freekicks and 0 goals.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
          I'm not sure if anyone here noticed but we haven't scored any goal from our set peices during this qualifiers (3rd round). Does anyone know when was the last time that we actually scored a goal from corner or from freekick?

49 corners and 0 goals!

Don't worry, you aren't alone. We've been complaining about that also. Last time we scored on a corner kick was WC2018 against Morocco which was an own goal

We also had a couple in AC2015 and AC2019. I miss Ando and his corner kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
            Don't worry, you aren't alone. We've been complaining about that also. Last time we scored on a corner kick was WC2018 against Morocco which was an own goal

We also had a couple in AC2015 and AC2019. I miss Ando and his corner kicks.
            During CQ our plan was to score from set pieces and i think we did really well . Also our goal against Morocco was from freekick by ehsan hajsafi.

This is very worrying TBH becuase set peices can save our ass against bigger teams that have good quality deffenders .

Comment

Agha i actually think its other way round! They were really really really really lucky not to concede 2 more goals after the red. Taremi should've of scored that 1 to 1 chance . Gholizadeh should've also scored that 1 on 1 chance. Their goali also saved their ass few times (e.g. noorafkans header). I think they were really lucky that this match ended 1-0 . It should've been atleast 2-0.
              I agree we could've scored more but UAE was pressuring us hard for much of the 2nd half, they controlled part of the game and had a couple of very dangerous crosses that nearly were converted if it wasn't for Kanaani's excellent defending. There were times where I thought we were going to concede - playing down a man for so long is difficult and tiring

You bring up good points and it goes to show we still are dangerous when down too. It could've been 2-0 as well all things considered with our opportunities

Comment

no we would prefer top coaches like Pep Guardiola or Jogi Löw but this is Iran. We have no other choice at the moment. The Shah is gone and dirty Mullahs are reigning. And as long as Skocic brings results we should stand behind him and give support. imho

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                  Sorry guys, you can say whatever you want. But do you guys really want so see Skocic as our Headcoach at the world cup?
                  no we would prefer top coaches like Pep Guardiola or Jogi Löw but this is Iran. We have no other choice at the moment. The Shah is gone and dirty Mullahs are reigning. And as long as Skocic brings results we should stand behind him and give support. imho

Comment

During CQ our plan was to score from set pieces and i think we did really well . Also our goal against Morocco was from freekick by ehsan hajsafi.

This is very worrying TBH becuase set peices can save our ass against bigger teams that have good quality deffenders .
                    You are correct, it was Hajsafi taking a freekick and not a corner kick. Nonetheless it was an own goal by Morcco as their own player headed the ball in. Would've been nice if one our own players headered the ball.

Current situation, both ARJ and Ghoddos are not good corner kick takers.

Comment

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/245...85%D9%84%DB%8C

well done to whoever did this video! bravo

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                        You are correct, it was Hajsafi taking a freekick and not a corner kick. Nonetheless it was an own goal by Morcco as their own player headed the ball in. Would've been nice if one our own players headered the ball.

Current situation, both ARJ and Ghoddos are not good corner kick takers.
                        But Ghoddos is actually good. He takes most of the corners in brentford, obviously he is good enough that frank uses him for corners. I think we lack of creativity in that feild. We have tall players (saeed , mehdi , sardar , Kanani, ahmad , shoja etc...) but some how fail to score those goals from corners. Both sardar and taremi are beast in the air and in their league games they win most of the aerial challenges.

Thats one thing skocic needs to work on for sure.

Other thing would be freekicks. Sadly we don't have any good freekick takers, apart from ghoddos and gholi (which both are not that great ). Some is probably the only good freekick taker that i know on top of my head.

Skocic really needs to work on both as freekicks and corners are game changers in most world cup games.

Comment

its not just the corner taker though...If you look at ghoddos set pieces in 2 recent games most of them hit what you would classify as a good area, with good speed/curve.

Nobody was attacking them properly...IT is not just up to corner taker. The team needs to be very well drilled on what zones to attack, who blocks off who, what guys run near post/back post, what situations they will go for direct/header vs flick on, etc.

We have none of that. Go back and watch every corner. Each guy is trying to head the ball in but none are doing so with any real plan. Sometimes we may randomly score a header (kanani and norafkan were close) but in terms of consistent production, we are very far off CQ era, where clearly the team was planning/working extensively on set pieces.

Comment

^Agree at the very least we should have a plan for each corner. The baseline plan is swing it in but there are many others.

Near post rush where everyone attacks the fast ball(this needs a great corner taker).

Crowd the goalkeeper(honestly think we should have trolled De Gea with this one vs Spain if we had the chance.) Just block the goalkeeper off and let it be a height contest for us.

Short corner and cross. This needs a LB or RB that can bang in crosses. Its as easy as it sounds.

These are the very basic ones, not even into all the zonal/flick on etc things even CQ tried with us

Comment

49 corners and 0 goals!

It's all a plan. They are keeping corner Goal scoring power hidden for the World Cup, where we will score on every one.

Comment

فیفا با ارسال پیامی به فدراسیون فوتبال ایران، مراتب تبریک خود بابت اقداماتی که در مورد اساسنامه فدراسیون فوتبال با کمک مراجع ذیصلاح ملی انجام شده است، را اعلام کرد.

FIFA sent a message to the Football Federation of Iran, congratulating the actions taken on the statute of the Football Federation with the help of the competent national authorities.
                                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X