This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

a nice summary by the helicopter regarding what was accomplished in this camp, positives, team unity, etc.

Hashemian and Skocic + his other staff other staff seem at the very least very detailed and hardworking. Whether or not they can make key tactical changes and big selection calls (leaving hajsafi out for good is number 1 to be made) is another story and one that we cannot pass judgement on yet. But so far positive signs and all the players have spoken well regarding him and the general team vibe following this first match in a year in excellent and that is all we can ask for.

Lets fly through october with hopefully, knock on wood, no injuries + legionnaire success in CL, EL, and domestic comps. and get back to TM in november.

On a personal note I find it interesting how much I look forward to international break as a TM fan and most of my non iranian friends seem to dread it. In the days of highly inflated transfer fees, players switching clubs like underwear, overpaid superstars, and clubs ran by idiot financial executives who know nothing about the sport taking over club scene , what TM provides on an emotional/human level is not close to being matched.
    that was a wonderful little media cameo from Vahid..!! very encouraging and positive remarks, we were hoping to hear from the recent camp and
    about time he put himself about in the Media, especially considering how professionally he handled himself in this clip..!

he needs to make such appearances more frequently ..! imo, that is one aspect of his career that needs more work and that is what can help improve his popularity with fans tremendously and open many more high profile coaching doors for him..!

Comment

Could iran/mali friendly be rescheduled in November?

Comment

Taremi is not slow by any means. Watch that goal we scored against russia. Anyways having ARJ on instead of him doesnt revolutionalize our team in terms of speed. In fact I personally dont even think ARJ could win a straight sprint against many defenders like taremi can. Taremi's running style, huge strides and ability to get himself in front of opposition defenders means he can win more foot races than ARJ. If ARJ is faster than taremi it is not something that is noticeable.
        WE need to score more so that can be achieved with two of our smartest players and biggest goal threats lol. Having 2 of gholizadeh and Saman/ARJ combined with taremi coming from his traditional inside left role and azmoun up top does not prevent us from doing that. I agree gholi is a must start at CAM. So is Taremi at LW and Azmoun at CF. ARJ and Ghoddos battle it out for RW slot depending on form and opposition.
        With introduction of moharrami who gives us new speed dimension and dribbling ability on right plus milads improving offensive output and speed we are not slow by any means in wide areas. And just because we have a different coach doesnt mean we need to throw away to foundations of our team that we have been building successfully for a long time. That would be insanity.
        We need to use the blueprint CQ provided, build on it, improve it in certain areas (introduction of gholizadeh and moharrami, rotational options of Shoja+Kanaani stronger than before, bench options improving like Kaveh, ghaedi, others). Not throw away a central partnership in a formation that provides balance bc of "creativity and pace" and bc "CQ did it 2 years ago". Not a substantive argument.
        I agree with you that taremi became a better striker in the past couple seasons. But I think that is mainly due to him becoming a better finisher, and improving his link up play. Two characteristics that can be very useful on the wing for TM. Until we see real hard evidence that Taremi from Left and Azmoun at CF does not work, there is no reason to change it or punish our two best players, for both TM and in their clubs for a long long time.

I agree with Sardar and Taremi both having to start. But Ghoddos and ARJ are just too good offensively to pass up together. ARJ tracked back well under CQ and I believe Ghoddos would do it more if required. He’s the nastiest player we have (I mean it in a good way). He could also play behind the forwards.

We need to play more friendlies starting that duo with Gholizadeh to hone that system of play. It’s a disservice if we don’t, cuz the potential is high.

Comment

a nice summary by the helicopter regarding what was accomplished in this camp, positives, team unity, etc.

Hashemian and Skocic + his other staff other staff seem at the very least very detailed and hardworking. Whether or not they can make key tactical changes and big selection calls (leaving hajsafi out for good is number 1 to be made) is another story and one that we cannot pass judgement on yet. But so far positive signs and all the players have spoken well regarding him and the general team vibe following this first match in a year in excellent and that is all we can ask for.

Lets fly through october with hopefully, knock on wood, no injuries + legionnaire success in CL, EL, and domestic comps. and get back to TM in november.

On a personal note I find it interesting how much I look forward to international break as a TM fan and most of my non iranian friends seem to dread it. In the days of highly inflated transfer fees, players switching clubs like underwear, overpaid superstars, and clubs ran by idiot financial executives who know nothing about the sport taking over club scene , what TM provides on an emotional/human level is not close to being matched.
          Afareen beh Vahid for the great video clip. He is a consummate professional and a great human being ending his remarks with wishing people health and safety in face of the pandemic and thanking all the frontline workers. Sounds like they had a great camp regardless of the Mali match cancelation. So far I continue to be cautiously optimistic about Skocic. I also think positively of Nabi. He was one of the few in the IFF management that always got CQ's respect.

Go Vahid!
          Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            Could iran/mali friendly be rescheduled in November?
            African teams are scheduled to play African Cup qualification matches in November. Europeans and South Americans will be unavailable because of Nations League and WCQ too. Only CONCACAF and Asian teams are available. Mexico and Costa Rica friendlies in Europe will be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by tmfan View Post
              African teams are scheduled to play African Cup qualification matches in November. Europeans and South Americans will be unavailable because of Nations League and WCQ too. Only CONCACAF and Asian teams are available. Mexico and Costa Rica friendlies in Europe will be nice.
              South Korea and Japan beat us to Mexico (and they might not play us because of political factors)

Costa Rica is not the same Costa Rica as before in terms of football, maybe Panama and Qatar?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                  South Korea and Japan beat us to Mexico (and they might not play us because of political factors)
                  Costa Rica is not the same Costa Rica as before in terms of football, maybe Panama and Qatar?
                  canada would be a sick friendly and ur relationship is sort of ok.

Also Costa rica is not bad if they bring their experienced guys which they could do if we play in europe. Plus they have a lot of younger foreign based players who are quite talented in MLS. Would still be a decent friendly as most of their defenders are euro based still.

Qatar a fine option. Other option could be australia which would be hard to organize but not impossible if do camp in qatar or something.

Comment

Originally posted by tmfan View Post
                    The sad curse of missing quality friendlies continues! we can NEVER get it! Mali was the best opponent in a long time and this happens! back to playing, Kuwait, Uzbekistan and Oman!

Comment

can we get columbia?

Comment

Originally posted by roozan View Post
                        can we get columbia?
                        *Colombia

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by roozan View Post
                          can we get columbia?
                          We would destroy the Columbian team!!! I have seen them play and they are horrible.
                          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                            The sad curse of missing quality friendlies continues! we can NEVER get it! Mali was the best opponent in a long time and this happens! back to playing, Kuwait, Uzbekistan and Oman!
                            Better than the no friendly we are going to get in November

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              Better than the no friendly we are going to get in November
                              Don’t you know IFF’s annual November motto? It’s No-Friendly-November
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Gol Bezan Analysis: Iran vs Uzbekistan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUumEuRkwbA
                                golbezanpodcast.com
                                twitter.com/GolBezan
                                instagram.com/GolBezan
                                youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Working...
                                X