This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
    What is there to ask about??? Was Sahar Khodayari (Blue Girl) killing herself not enough???

Even Saudi Arabia allows women to stadium.
    Our akhoonds unfortunately are much hornier.

Comment

hoping security is kept tight and in check in our next two WCQs...!! has all the makings of some stupid shitt going haywire in these two venues... especially with a ton fans being allowed in ..!! and howdafauq we get to play SK in empty Azadi FFS ...Pathetic..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        Our akhoonds unfortunately are much hornier.
        BREAKING

مبارتا المنتخب أمام إيران والإمارات قد تقاما بدون جماهير
        no Punlic

The Matches against Iran and UAE could be held behind closed doors
        Last edited by St_Mark; 10-29-2021, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Skocic @ Azadi Stadium for Esteghlal X Tractor

Vahid was there too.

Comment

Lets go with this vs Lebanon,
            Beiro
            Sadegh, Kanani, Shoja, Amiri
            Saman, Ezzat, Nour, Gholi
            Sardar, Taremi

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

All TM goals in group A so far

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                hoping security is kept tight and in check in our next two WCQs...!! has all the makings of some stupid shitt going haywire in these two venues... especially with a ton fans being allowed in ..!! and howdafauq we get to play SK in empty Azadi FFS ...Pathetic..!!

I can guarantee NOTHING will happen ... at least in lebanon.
                That stupid shit like bombing is done by the govt' whose team is visiting. Therefore things will be kept quiet.

However, days following the game is a different matter altogether. Especially when the lebanese court is serious in looking into and finding the culprits of the Lebanon blast a couple of years ago (wink: Hezbollah) and hezbollah is doing all it can to dissuade, threaten and prevent this fact-finding mission to complete its findings.

Comment

Good thing is most of our boys started, scored or had great to decent week, couple weeks before TM matches.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Azmoun, Taremi, Allahyar should be our main 3 strikers. Zahedi as striker/winger should be considered. Then Ansarifard, Rezaei depending on form.

In central midfield : Ghoddos, ezza, salmani, ak8 depending on how he returns and nour as we are pretty light in this position

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                      you know, I can say the same thing about CQ's initial year or year & half at TM.
                      In fact this "no style" is even more ironic as we didnt have any style under him for a long long time. In fact only after the first WC did the team actually show solid defensive style (different from parking the bus that was being done in his first 3 years).
                      as for asian minnows, well CQ also lost to lebanon and Jordan (I think. or was it bahrain?)

if we want to criticize Skocic, then let us make it valid points of difference that others cannot refute.
                      now, do I think skocic is a great coach?
                      NO.
                      Do I think he will do better than CQ at the W, if he's given the chance?
                      I doubt it.
                      Does he deserve some criticism over under-use of players like Ghoddos?
                      Yes. definitely.
                      But we cant come up with vague remarks like no style, when CQ also hardly showed anything like that for his first 3, 31/2 yrs at TM.

================================

What I'm really upset about is how we treat him .... NOT BASED ON ANY TANGIBLE MISTAKES OR SERIOUS NEGATIVE.
                      It's all based on some vague, and unrealistic expectations ... as if until Skocic we were playing like Bayern Munich and now, we are like Mes rafsanjan!
                      Bullshit.

I'm upset becoz I see how easily many of us forget what a miserable no-win situation we were in when wiltits left TM in the lurch. With 3 do or die games to even advance to final round.
                      when many coaches were too scared to touch TM with a 10 foot pole.
                      And he took a gigantic risk to his career.

Now that we're past that deadly situation and are actually cruising so comfortably, we suddenly start attacking him bcoz he hasnt played Saman or .... (actually I dont really find any other negatives)

It certainly cannot be style of TM as we are showing MORE positive movements and tactics, more attacking than CQ's.
                      besides, again I must remind all, it's not as if we were playing like Bayern under CQ
                      So why such intense criticism?
                      What makes you think he risked his career by taking over TM? With all due respect, he had no career to risk to begin with. TM was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for him. He took it, and in all fairness, delivered in terms of results. The problem is that this guy has already hit his ceiling. No matter how much you would like to equate him with the earlier years of CQ, the thing with CQ is that his potential was endless and he managed to eventually implement his style. Don't expect anything from Skocic, he is not in the same league. Give him all the resources, camps, time, there is only so much he can do for us. It's quite simple.

Comment

^ I'm not comparing skocic wt CQ. I'm comparing the period when a new coach takes on a team.
                        True. He is nowhere near CQ's pedigree. But I recounted CQ's initial period when he struggled, lost some games to some minnows, was forced to adopt a "park the bus" strategy for almost 2-3 years before gradually turning that ultra defensive team into a "solid defense- counter attacking" team

As for the hitting the ceiling. That's what we dont know yet, do we?
                        So far he has turned out results very well.
                        Until we hit a couple of games where we do see the ceiling being hit, I'd like to be hopeful & optimistic that we havent hit the ceiling yet.

unfortunately given the teams in our group, the ONLY game we can be really pushed is the game in SKorea.
                        I'd wait till then and even then, we cant judge by a single game.
                        if we see this loss/lack of strategy/tactics in 2-3 games consistently, then I will agree that we've hit his ceiling.

Comment

^ Ctd;

To put things in a better perspective, take a look at advocaat.
                          Which one of us can say when we fired wiltits and were given a choice between Advocaat & Skocic, we wld NOT have picked Advocaat?
                          seriously.

He has the pedigree, bigger name recognition, experience, trophies, more clubs/nat'l teams under his belt.
                          But look what he's achieved wt Iraq, a very decent asian team.

So we shd never base all our opinions on the "name & fame" of a coach either.
                          yes, it matters. But to an extent only. There are other factors involved in making it a successful pairing.
                          So Far Skocic has managed it very well.

Comment

The moral here is, base the managerial appointments on their respective BMI/waist circumference. We may miss out on Rafa unfortunately but generally, it's a strong policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                              ^ Ctd;

To put things in a better perspective, take a look at advocaat.
                              Which one of us can say when we fired wiltits and were given a choice between Advocaat & Skocic, we wld NOT have picked Advocaat?
                              seriously.

He has the pedigree, bigger name recognition, experience, trophies, more clubs/nat'l teams under his belt.
                              But look what he's achieved wt Iraq, a very decent asian team.

So we shd never base all our opinions on the "name & fame" of a coach either.
                              yes, it matters. But to an extent only. There are other factors involved in making it a successful pairing.
                              So Far Skocic has managed it very well.
                              What makes Skocic succeed compared to advocaat/wilmots is that he lived and work in Iran. He knows Iranian and asian football and can adapt much faster

Comment

^ good point.
                                familiarity allows better interpersonal relationships, also a deeper knowledge of players' character/culture

Comment

Working...
                                X