Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think all of the remaining WCQ matches need to happen during span of of a month or two this summer in a Neutral location (UAE perhaps). Otherwise it's not really fair to the stronger teams like Iran, Korea and Japan who have many stars playing abroad, as travel restrictions will make it difficult for their players to fly back and forth from Europe.

Comment

In addition to my reasons above, Qatar really doesn't have very high stakes in this round other than qualifying for 2023 AC and they are almost there anyways. They are WC host and they are already in the tournament. That makes them even a better candidate. BTW, I am not a fan of Qatar or Qataris and I don't dislike them either, I am just being factual and objective.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        I think all of the remaining WCQ matches need to happen during span of of a month or two this summer in a Neutral location (UAE perhaps). Otherwise it's not really fair to the stronger teams like Iran, Korea and Japan who have many stars playing abroad, as travel restrictions will make it difficult for their players to fly back and forth from Europe.
        UAE would not be neutral for us in a fan-free environment.
        They already cause all sorts of issues for Iranians entering, even Azmoun when he entered Dubai for the Zenith training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          UAE would not be neutral for us in a fan-free environment.
          They already cause all sorts of issues for Iranians entering, even Azmoun when he entered Dubai for the Zenith training camp.
          Fair point. I guess I'm just bored of Qatar hosting everything recently.

Comment

^Qatar has great facilities, has always treated TM and Iran fairly and respectfully, and arranged for friendlies when no other countries would. I'll take them any day over any other crackpot arab kingdom.

Comment

If we play in UAE we might as well change it to Saudi Arabia or Israel.

The fair thing is for TM to play the qualification games in Iran, 3 of our 4 games are home matches including against Bahrain and Iraq. IFF should not settle for our games to be played on neutral ground. Iran is safe, but we all know the agenda of AFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                If we play in UAE we might as well change it to Saudi Arabia or Israel.

The fair thing is for TM to play the qualification games in Iran, 3 of our 4 games are home matches including against Bahrain and Iraq. IFF should not settle for our games to be played on neutral ground. Iran is safe, but we all know the agenda of AFC.
                Fair doesn't apply for us.

As long as we don't lobby and alter things in our favor like every other federation on our level we will be screwed over

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                  Fair doesn't apply for us.

As long as we don't lobby and alter things in our favor like every other federation on our level we will be screwed over
                  True that. Life isn't fair. Unless IFF speaks up, starts putting constant pressure on AFC, things won't play out to TM's favor.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                    True that. Life isn't fair. Unless IFF speaks up, starts putting constant pressure on AFC, things won't play out to TM's favor.
                    That is true, and generally speaking, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

If the matches are postponed, however, that might serve as a good opportunity to allow Skocic to call another camp and arrange at least two more friendlies to get the players acclimated to his coaching style, system and rebuild their chemistry with each other.

Comment

I really can't wait to see our two headed monster (Taremi and Azmoun) in action again. I think they have both matured a lot in the past two years. How lucky are we that we have probably the two most dynamic players in Iran's history at their prime together spearheading Iran's attack. They can do A LOT of damage in the next World Cup/Asian Cup.
                      "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Tbh guys, the venue doesn't even really matter anymore considering there won't be any fans in the stadium. Our whole advantage of playing at home in Tehran was all the fans in Azadi causing the opponents to shit themselves. Yeah we got fucked by having our away games with fans, but at this point, even if it were in Tehran, we'd be playing in an empty stadium. Hala empty stadium che farqi dare Iran bashe, Qatar bashe, ya harja.

Comment

I seriously think if TM stays in a two or three week tournament style in Qatar in June for the four remaining matches and if Skocic has 50% of Yahya's abilities (I think he definitely does) and assuming our key players like Taremi, Sardar, Ghoddoos, Gholizadeh, Beiro etc. are healthy and fit, we shall see four of the best matches of TM with four wins. I prefer that to all the travel to Iran twice (March and June) and then extra exhausting travel to Cambodia after the 3/25 match vs Hong Kong in Tehran. Too much risk of the pandemic even if all players and staff are vaccinated. This centralization will also help their club careers since they don't have to interrupt that with travel, chance of injury and risk of contracting COVID-19. Also, the way pandemic is going the chance of fans in the stadium is low and we could have some in Qatar in June if FIFA and AFC allow that yet safety plus the whole team gelling together in a "tournament" will overtake playing in Azadi under these circumstances.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                            I seriously think if TM stays in a two or three week tournament style in Qatar in June for the four remaining matches and if Skocic has 50% of Yahya's abilities (I think he definitely does) and assuming our key players like Taremi, Sardar, Ghoddoos, Gholizadeh, Beiro etc. are healthy and fit, we shall see four of the best matches of TM with four wins. I prefer that to all the travel to Iran twice (March and June) and then extra exhausting travel to Cambodia after the 3/25 match vs Hong Kong in Tehran. Too much risk of the pandemic even if all players and staff are vaccinated. This centralization will also help their club careers since they don't have to interrupt that with travel, chance of injury and risk of contracting COVID-19. Also, the way pandemic is going the chance of fans in the stadium is low and we could have some in Qatar in June if FIFA and AFC allow that yet safety plus the whole team gelling together in a "tournament" will overtake playing in Azadi under these circumstances.
                            Go TM!
                            thats a great point. IT would be a super interesting almost tournament style dynamic with all the necessary facilities/plans but with our highest quality guys all together and meshing like they would only do during major tournaments. Would be awesome to see.

from a selfish standpoint Id be much more interested in watching TM with HD coverage in brand new state of the art stadiums rather than an empty azadi with IRIBs 6 pixel footage.

Comment

Originally posted by The Farbod View Post
                              I really can't wait to see our two headed monster (Taremi and Azmoun) in action again. I think they have both matured a lot in the past two years. How lucky are we that we have probably the two most dynamic players in Iran's history at their prime together spearheading Iran's attack. They can do A LOT of damage in the next World Cup/Asian Cup.
                              The service and support needs to be there for those guys to shine properly....it will be huge for guys like saman, gholi, and JB to be playing along with them no questions asked. No more getting lineups wrong all 3 are needed in all crucial upcoming games or else we jeopardize paying a price.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I believe in the theory that club form does not translate into national team form unfortunately

Comment

Working...
                                X