Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watching the spain game right now, if TM played them again with this squad they have right now, we are taking the 3 points for sure

Comment

How do you know Haj Safi is starting tomorrow ?
      The line ups wont be announced till 1 hour before kick off.

Comment

TM has no excuses not to win tomorrow.
        I say 2-0 Iran

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
          He was in the pre game conference, so most likely he will play...

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
            attended pre-game conference with Skocic, did not play vs cambodia at all, and we are down vahid amiri. hajsafi is playing 99% (1% chance he gets covid or hurt before game)

Comment

Originally posted by Shaz110 View Post
              He was in the pre game conference, so most likely he will play...
              Someone pull a Nancy Kerrigan on Hajfasi...

JK. I am only kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                Someone pull a Nancy Kerrigan on Hajfasi...
                JK. I am only kidding.
                Shit dude…. good on you for that Nancy Kerrigan tonya harding reference…. It took me a second to get that

But yes, agreed…. Fuck, He is playing.
                "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

well tomorrow of to work and phones off and no internet all day, and directly in to the no spoilers forum when i come home to watch the game. so i se you all a coupple hours after the game tomorrow, hopefully after we crush them with a sweet victory so we can remind them who is the best in football..

Do Doo Doo Dooooo Iran!
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I'm not sure if the rumoured 11 has been posted but I am increasingly frustrated by the inclusion of Hajsafi, Kanaani, Khalilzadeh and Nourolahi instead of Ezatolahi.

It makes me further doubt Skocic is an independent actor and he is forced to include these players through dalali.

I sincerely hope not but it is puzzling, particularly with our defenders why they are picked over much better players.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
                      I'm not sure if the rumoured 11 has been posted but I am increasingly frustrated by the inclusion of Hajsafi, Kanaani, Khalilzadeh and Nourolahi instead of Ezatolahi.

It makes me further doubt Skocic is an independent actor and he is forced to include these players through dalali.

I sincerely hope not but it is puzzling, particularly with our defenders why they are picked over much better players.
                      Not defending the inclusion of Hajsafi, he has to be one of the most frustrating players, but Ezzatollahi hasn't been playing great football either. Sadly his past two performances weren't that great.

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                        watching the spain game right now, if TM played them again with this squad they have right now, we are taking the 3 points for sure
                        As I was watching Spain today, I was also reminded of their game against Iran three years ago. This Spanish team is pretty identical to the one we saw in Russia, and if there's one incident where I would criticize Queiroz, whom I hold in high esteem both as a coach and a human being, it is the strategy he adopted against that team. Even before the Iran game, it was pretty clear that Spain was in turmoil. Their head coach had just resigned; there were internal divisions within the team; some major players were already past their peak; and morale, by and large, was pretty low. All these problems were further compounded in the second round, where Spain mightily struggled against Russia and failed to advance to the next round.

I must say that Queiroz has done wonders for the sport in Iran. Throughout his tenure, he cultivated talent, promoted reform, and initiated serious discussion about the state of Iranian football. In so doing, he also catapulted Team Melli toward some degree of international recognition, something the country had only sporadically experienced prior to his reign. In short, he changed the landscape of soccer, popularized the sport even more, and ultimately set the stage for further growth and development.

But against Spain, he favored the same all-defensive strategy that had helped keep Argentina at bay for most of the game but ultimately failed to produce any points for Iran. Spain, which had already showed troubling signs against Portugal, entered the Iran game dogged by vulnerabilities I had mentioned earlier. Yet Iran showed no interest in capitalizing on those weaknesses, only displaying some degree of tactical balance (pressing forward while capably defending) after conceding a goal, a strategy they should have adopted from the very beginning, not least because a tie would most likely not have sufficed in guaranteeing advancement. (In the second half, through relentless offensive pressure, Iran continuously showed talent, versatility and courage on the pitch.)

Clearly, I say all of this with the benefit of hindsight. But I'm still puzzled by Iran's tactical choice, considering they had a lot going in their favor, including the momentum they'd built following their exhilarating victory over Morrocco. Attacking spain from the outset, then, might have led to the team's historical advancement to the second round of the World Cup.

Comment

Don't be distracted by 6 wins, don't even be distracted by a possible resounding win against Iraq, if Kanaani starts over PAG tomorrow, there is no explanation other than downright corruption.

Hajsafi is the captain, has experience, pedigree, a nice haircut, a chiselled jawline, a warm hug, beautiful eyes, whatever you want to argue for. But there is no being in the world that is willing to try and justify that Kanaani should be selected over PAG.

I'm still hopeful Skocic is largely an honest and just man with solid basic morals (even if I suspect he has limited managerial ability) but if I see Kanaani start tomorrow, I'll gladly kiss all hopes and dreams for Qatar 2022 goodbye and wage a one-man offensive against the terrorist that is Dragan in a war on terror that will put Bush to shame.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post

Khalilzadeh and Nourollahi are the best in their positions. Kanaanizadegan is not better than Pouraloganji but he is a solid defender. Ezatolahi is way better than Hajsafi.

I'm tired of all these silly conspiracy theories by Iranian fans. Skocic choses the players he thinks best fit his team and strategy, like all coaches around the world. No need to accuse him of not being independent, these are baseless accusations and bring down TM. Just support the national team of your country and hope they'll win their final match of the group.

Comment

does that mean he will start tomorrow ?
                              Just Because he was in the press meeting today ?

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                                Don't be distracted by 6 wins, don't even be distracted by a possible resounding win against Iraq, if Kanaani starts over PAG tomorrow, there is no explanation other than downright corruption.

Hajsafi is the captain, has experience, pedigree, a nice haircut, a chiselled jawline, a warm hug, beautiful eyes, whatever you want to argue for. But there is no being in the world that is willing to try and justify that Kanaani should be selected over PAG.

I'm still hopeful Skocic is largely an honest and just man with solid basic morals (even if I suspect he has limited managerial ability) but if I see Kanaani start tomorrow, I'll gladly kiss all hopes and dreams for Qatar 2022 goodbye and wage a one-man offensive against the terrorist that is Dragan in a war on terror that will put Bush to shame.
                                Empty baseless accusations. Skocic will field the team he thinks will get him the three points, nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Working...
                                X