This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    This came out a day before Mehdi's posts, but still a good discussion regarding Skocic and Drama around Team Melli:
    nice video! i enjoyed listening to it.
    could be a new favourite if they produce more videos close to the games

but realy nice to have a vid now to listen to in the gap between the games aswell.
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
      Numbers don't lie, but they don't tell the whole truth.
      Example: in 2108 world cup qualifying Carlos queiroz played 10 Matches. 6 wins, 4 draws, 0 losses.
      That's 60% winning percentage, less than Brankos winning % in 2006 qualifying.
      However, Branko played only 6 matches. Only 4 teams in the group, less traveling, less matches.
      Branko still lost one match, conceded more goals, finished second, and BARELY got one point in the world cup against DEBUTANTS ANGOLA & FINISHED LAST IN THE GROUP.
      Carlos was undefeated through 10 matches, conceded ZERO goals until the final match, won the group, and earned 4 points, beating Morocco, drew Portugal and barely lost to soain.
      1 point away from round of 16th.
      That's the difference.
      If you don't have a severe issue with bias, which you unfortunately do, you can clearly see Carlos Queiroz earned much better results and his team played much better Football.
      very well said.
      comparing CQ with brangoh is like comparing a mercedes AMG with your uncle's wobbly old tricycle

besides, if we concentrate ONLY on numbers and %'s, then GN beats the pants off everyone else. including CQ and brangoh and blazevic and ... .
      But how many of us are ready to give him the TM?

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        If we keep keep up our undefeated streak, hoping we can break into the top 20 before WC. It’s been a long time since that happened!

who cares about undefeated?
        who cares about wins?
        how does that matter in anything?

what matters is the "fame" quotient of skocic's name. and since he is not famous enough, that automatically authorizes us to pile all sorts of dirt and shit on him and blame everything on him, while expecting absurd levels of achievments we never did from CQ or other "famous" coaches!

Comment

Lollll why do you think Carlos got a second run and Branko didn't? Man you are LEGIT DELUSIONAL
          Also, did you not notice how Carlos still finished first in his world cup qualifying group in his first try?
          LOL that Mexico team didn't do any better than other versions. Round of 16 elimination.
          ONCE AGAIN HERE IS YOUR PROBLEM - NOT READING BETWEEN THE LINES. - we played terribly vs Mexico. It was a pathetic performance on second half because our team was so unfit, since Branko was a third rate coach and didn't work on this aspect like Carlos did.
          Also, Bosnia golden generation in 2014 was just as good as Mexico 06, if not better. They barely lost to the world cup runners up Argentina.
          Let's not forget once again that we barely tied Angola.... WHICH YOU SEEM TO IGNORE due to delusion. Also, we were being toyed around with by Portugal like amateurs under Branko.
          Lolll how does "didn't concede until" show bias From me? The point was that when it mattered, we didn't concede A SINGLE GOAL. We only conceded after we qualified to the world cup - very simple thing to understand if you actually know your facts and are living in reality.
          You need a serious reality check and to stop being so incredibly biased. This is why nobody here takes you seriously and I will largely be ignoring your posts from now on.
          When you talk in this tone then one has to reply. Branko in his 4 years with Tm: Won Asian games trophy with a mix of senior and u23 team in Korea beating a Korean team mostly based on their 2002 world cup team and Japan in the final, Tm had its highest ranking under Branko's 4 years, TM played better opposition with higher rankings, Tm Got robbed but won bronze in the Asian cup, It finished better in the world cup than TM did in 2014 (go check). So who is delusional? CQ's team did worst on all those counts than Branko's team. So remind me again why Cq got a second run? He did have Iran's worst finish in the Asian cup (go check). Delusion is living in la la land instead of looking at hard stats. You seem to view our 2014 performance much better than it was. Iran's worst performance ever in a world cup game according to stats was against Nigeria. We had the worst passing of any team in the history of the world cup. Branko's team suffered from injury and they did not get 1/10th of the investment Tm got in 2014.

This is your reality check. Stop being delusional and respect the game and its stats. Branko's 4 years compared to CQ's 4 years was superior in every way imaginable. Good thing about stats is it does not care if you and 10 billion other people say otherwise. you can take yourselves seriously and ridicule those who disagree with you all you want at the end you are grasping at straws.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
            When you talk in this tone then one has to reply. Branko in his 4 years with Tm: Won Asian games trophy with a mix of senior and u23 team in Korea beating a Korean team mostly based on their 2002 world cup team and Japan in the final, Tm had its highest ranking under Branko's 4 years, TM played better opposition with higher rankings, Tm Got robbed but won bronze in the Asian cup, It finished better in the world cup than TM did in 2014 (go check). So who is delusional? CQ's team did worst on all those counts than Branko's team. So remind me again why Cq got a second run? He did have Iran's worst finish in the Asian cup (go check). Delusion is living in la la land instead of looking at hard stats. You seem to view our 2014 performance much better than it was. Iran's worst performance ever in a world cup game according to stats was against Nigeria. We had the worst passing of any team in the history of the world cup. Branko's team suffered from injury and they did not get 1/10th of the investment Tm got in 2014.

This is your reality check. Stop being delusional and respect the game and its stats. Branko's 4 years compared to CQ's 4 years was superior in every way imaginable. Good thing about stats is it does not care if you and 10 billion other people say otherwise. you can take yourselves seriously and ridicule those who disagree with you all you want at the end you are grasping at straws.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Iran vs Lebanon time and location is now on AFC website https://www.the-afc.com/en/national/...ndings_r3.html . Location is Saida international stadium in Saida, Lebanon. Date and time are Thursday November 11, 2021 at 8:00 AM EST (NY), 5:00 AM PST (LA). As expected the Iran-Syria match on November 16, 2021 will be held at King Abdullah stadium in Amman, Jordan at 12:00pm EST (NY), 9:00am (LA).

Go TM!

Saida International Stadium

Comment

Lollll why do you think Carlos got a second run and Branko didn't? Man you are LEGIT DELUSIONAL

Also, did you not notice how Carlos still finished first in his world cup qualifying group in his first try? .
                Don't forget which one ran away and didn't even have the courage to return to Iran after that 2006 world cup!

Before this racism:

Marc Wilmots shireh and will force all the Mozambican fans into their holes.
                Here were the comments:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2574826

Firstly, a nice summary of his bringing discipline to the national team, changing generations successfully, developing youth, giving a winning formula, being a perfectionist, and respect of our culture:

Since this is about Cq positives I am only going to talk about the positives. He has instilled discipline; he has structured our team defense; he has changed generations successfully and has introduced youngsters to our football which he has tested and given valuable experience to; he is one of the hardest working coaches if not in the world (which I believe he very well could be) but definitely in our football; he has shown us a winning formula and attitude as he does not compromise on anything, he is a perfectionist and very detailed oriented and I hope he has passed this on to other people in the federation; he has created a fair and competitive player selection regime where players know if they work hard and shine they can be included in TM; he is a great analyzer and is one of the best in the world; he is very respectful when dealing with players, no longer players have to put up with coarse language from coaches; he is respectful of our culture.

Second, a nice comparison of CQ with Branko in 2018 (year 7 of 8):

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2571094

Both are great coaches and have worked hard in our football. I dont know about who has what in their heart but Cq is definitely more demanding and I am assuming perhaps i am wrong but he is more detailed oriented as well.
                And finally, here is another appraisal of Queiroz's care for detail and professionalism, eye for talent, and selection choices:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2550766

This is one of the things I admire about CQ. He is a real coach who has 0 bias in his selection. I would trust his selection over any of these analysts and experts making lists from their couches at home. Also I believe whoever says CQ is not watching the league is absolutely wrong. He has proven time and time again that not only does he watch and follow the league but he does it with extreme detail and professionalism. Just look at the people he has brought on, some no one even knew about but here they are. A good example would be Gholizadeh..

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  Don't forget which one ran away and didn't even have the courage to return to Iran after that 2006 world cup!
                  Before this racism:
                  Here were the comments:
                  Firstly, a nice summary of his bringing discipline to the national team, changing generations successfully, developing youth, giving a winning formula, being a perfectionist, and respect of our culture:

And finally, here is another appraisal of Queiroz's care for detail and professionalism, eye for talent, and selection choices:
                  You can quote quotes until the end of time. I could come and apologize and take back everything I said about CQ and we and 10 billion people can agree that he was the best TM coach ever, it still will not change the facts that he was not. These are things no one can argue with, last time I checked 69% winning percentage, higher TM ranking, winning continental trophy, winning bronze at Asian cup, winning a WAFF is way way better than doing none of those things and winning only 60% with Iran in Asia. answer me this: Do we need a coach to win 60% against Asian opposition? I think we wasted a whole bunch of money what do you think Doctor?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._team_managers

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post

Damn the location is a heaven . so you watch the footy then go for a swim after it

Weather is not that great tho. Its very humid and dry .
                    Humidity about 60% and Percipitation %7 (unless its a rainy day).

Comment

How and why would we play in Lebanon? There is no security there and especially for us. They have kids shooting RPGs in the streets. Our federation should move this game to a neutral field. This is a very important point in the qualifiers, with a loss we will lose all the momentum in the return legs and put ourselves in a dog fight for second place.

Comment

Listen, son, I'm not one to get personal but bring that f***ing eye-bleedingly idiotic 'win % of TM managers' argument up again and I swear to my amehjoon I'm burning down the server room that houses PFDC and the rest of the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                          Listen, son, I'm not one to get personal but bring that f***ing eye-bleedingly idiotic 'win % of TM managers' argument up again and I swear to my amehjoon I'm burning down the server room that houses PFDC and the rest of the internet.
                          Go easy on her. She seems to be going through an extra lame phase during this extended period.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._team_managers

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                              Iran vs Lebanon time and location is now on AFC website https://www.the-afc.com/en/national/...ndings_r3.html . Location is Saida international stadium in Saida, Lebanon. Date and time are Thursday November 11, 2021 at 8:00 AM EST (NY), 5:00 AM PST (LA). As expected the Iran-Syria match on November 16, 2021 will be held at King Abdullah stadium in Amman, Jordan at 12:00pm EST (NY), 9:00am (LA).

Go TM!

These will be two very tough matches. Nothing is a given at all

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

Before this racism:

Here were the comments:

Comment

Working...
                                X