Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My biggest concern is how Skocic is going to manage his squad for 4 WCQ'ing matches in June.

I'm aware the differences between Hong Kong/Cambodia and Iraq/Bahrain. But I can't deny Hong Kong giving us trouble in their home. Despite the fact that we won, Sardar and Mehdi are needed. But they're also needed vs Iraq and Bahrain.

I'm curious as to how he will arrange his 11. He has done a decent job so far in terms of testing players and how he set-up his squad in friendlies. But this is a do or die situation and we should not take Hong Kong lightly. Yes, Cambodia is the weaker out of the 4 teams but Hong Kong can be a thorn on our side. We can't afford losing or getting a point from that match.

My suggestion for Skocic is to NOT take any of these 4 teams lightly, but especially Hong Kong. If Skocic fields an inexperienced 11 vs a defensive Hong Kong, it may hurt us.

Get ready for another heart pounding June guys!

Comment

^Skocic seems like a level headed guy and this is NOT the time for experimentation. He will go with the strongest team possible for all matches. One advantage in having all these matches back to back in June is that our boys will be at the top of their fitness from playing in their respective European leagues (for example, Sardar hasn't even started playing in the Russian league this year, so the March matches would have been very early in his schedule). Mehdi has been starting and playing nearly 90min every 3-4 days due to Porto's busy schedule, and has been thriving. The boys will be ready in June, and at their peak physical conditioning by then. Can't wait!

Comment

Naturally it should be us hosting the remaining games, as we would have been the hosts in 3 out 4 games anyway.
        But knowing AFC they will probably give it to Bahrain lol. We will still make it IMO, but it will be much harder.
        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
          Naturally it should be us hosting the remaining games, as we would have been the hosts in 3 out 4 games anyway.
          But knowing AFC they will probably give it to Bahrain lol. We will still make it IMO, but it will be much harder.
          yeaup... or more likely UAE..!! which will be a homecoming of sorts for both Iraq and especially Bahrain..!!
          fairly cetain we will get fked on that decision..!! and our biorzeh federation write some bs not-legible letter of complaint and end up taking it up the butt again..!

they'll probably use high Covid Positive figures of the country as their official excuse for denying us ..!??

Comment

I understand that many people here are very pessimistic about Iran getting the designation as host for remaining Group C matches and I don't blame them considering the incompetence of IFF in the past and corruption in AFC. I choose to be optimistic here. Apparently, both Scocic and Kharati (head of the IFF international committee) were adamant during the last Tuesday video conference with other Group C team officials that Iran should not lose it's host status and IFF immediately announced that Iran will be ready to host all the remaining matches in a central fashion. According to Varzesh3, Minavand and Ansarian cases were used against Iran to show that Iran is not safe enough. I still think Iran is safer than the other countries (except for Hong Kong in terms of COVID-19) in the group and has standard facilities for this level of competition. I hope IFF presents a competitive package on March 5 and Iran gets to host all the remaining matches in June. See the related article on Varzesh3 below. Of course the article also claims that AFC president Sheikh Salman (who is from Bahrain) and Bahraini federation will work together to make Bahrain the host yet I am not so sure about that. Bahrain is a small island with one stadium and I don't think they can cut it.

Go TM!

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/173910...B1%D9%86%D8%AF

Comment

I really hope Skocic does all his experimental tries in the training camp and invites all the big names. We don’t have time to start inviting people who haven’t had many TM games yet, we need people with expedience and who played already together.
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                I understand that many people here are very pessimistic about Iran getting the designation as host for remaining Group C matches and I don't blame them considering the incompetence of IFF in the past and corruption in AFC. I choose to be optimistic here. Apparently, both Scocic and Kharati (head of the IFF international committee) were adamant during the last Tuesday video conference with other Group C team officials that Iran should not lose it's host status and IFF immediately announced that Iran will be ready to host all the remaining matches in a central fashion. According to Varzesh3, Minavand and Ansarian cases were used against Iran to show that Iran is not safe enough. I still think Iran is safer than the other countries (except for Hong Kong in terms of COVID-19) in the group and has standard facilities for this level of competition. I hope IFF presents a competitive package on March 5 and Iran gets to host all the remaining matches in June. See the related article on Varzesh3 below. Of course the article also claims that AFC president Sheikh Salman (who is from Bahrain) and Bahraini federation will work together to make Bahrain the host yet I am not so sure about that. Bahrain is a small island with one stadium and I don't think they can cut it.
                Go TM!
                https://www.varzesh3.com/news/173910...B1%D9%86%D8%AF
                Logic doesn't matter in AFC.
                Whatever the Saudis and their nokars want will happen.

Comment

Iran vs Syria - March 30, Azadi Stadium.
                  http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/7483/
                  golbezanpodcast.com
                  twitter.com/GolBezan
                  instagram.com/GolBezan
                  youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

They should add Oman and one other team, so we will be fully prepared

Comment

^ Agreed. Oman could be a very good friendly in Tehran. They are very competitive and Skocic could use his connections with Branko on top of IFF's relationship with him to make this happen.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by FMCSMUBLB View Post
                        Iran vs Syria - March 30, Azadi Stadium.
                        http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/7483/
                        Do we know when they are going to cancel this game??? I got my fingers, legs, toes, everything is crossed for this game to take place but my eyes don't drink water.

Comment

I doubt clubs are going to let their players travel to Iran for this game. Might be domestic only.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            I doubt clubs are going to let their players travel to Iran for this game. Might be domestic only.
                            Would be better that way imo. Don't need to risk covid or injuries to our legionnaires

Comment

IMO, What TM really need pre WCQs coming up is a couple of those 2Week prep camps that CQ used to organize fir TM pre big tourneys ..! Hopefully somewhere in Europe !? Or Gutter ? Perhaps play a couple of friendlies vs local clubs !? Or low key opponents thereabouts..!?
                              Need a 2-3 decent caliber international friendlies maybe in Tehran!? ( @ least 1-2 vs a formidable side playing typical Arab football.. gutter & Oman or even Syria or are a decent test matches ..!or how’s Kuwait football doing these days !? )
                              Dragan did a marvelous job of analyzing Bosnian team earlier but I wonder if he may be too novice facing Arab teams !?or if he can do an equally decent job of analysis & preparing us for the vital Iraq & Bahrain matches .,!???

Hopefully we land the hosting rights to the remaining WCQs ..! That’d be a huge boost to our qualifications chances regardless of no crowds at the games.

Comment

RIP Kranjcar

Comment

Working...
                                X