TM-News-Vol. 6 - Page 184

+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 184 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184
Results 1,831 to 1,836 of 1836

Thread: TM-News-Vol. 6

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,267 Times in 1,465 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by scuderia View Post
    my question: Why does Hajasfi keep getting the nod when he's been extremely useless.
    I can’t get in the mind of CQ or Skocic, but I have dealt with something similar when I used to play soccer, where the coach picked high motor players, even if they were clumsy and net negatives to the team. One thing a guy like Hajsafi has is energy, he does run a lot, the issue is he makes a lot of mistakes. In practice, my assumption is he shows himself as working hard and hustles. I’m unsure if a guy like Ezatollahi does the same. Although I think we’d unanimously agree Ezatollahi is a better choice than Hajsafi, we don’t see the practices where the coach is evaluating the players for game time. Just a though, but I have seen in my own life similar players be picked over the more talented players, because the coach thinks the more talented players don’t have the same hustle. This can unfortunately be detrimental the team as the hustling player is a liability like Hajsafi.

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,678 Times in 810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuderia View Post
    Kananni isn't arab
    Agree, he is born in Abadan and his name doesn't indicate any heritage from an Arab Tribe, unlike f.e. Hosseine Kaabi ( Kaab being a designation for the Arab Bani Kaab Tribe).But even if he is an Arab, that would be absolutely no problem, he represent Iran and its amazing ethnic/cultural- plurality.

Technically speaking even Syrians, Egyptians, Moroccans, Lybians, Iraqis, Lebanese, Palestinian's are all not Arabs, but linguistically and culturally Arabized Arameans, Assyrians, Coptic's, Berbers, Phoenicians, Mesopotamians etc. "Real" Arabs came form the Arab peninsular and look very different from for example Syrians.

All this Arab vs Persian Sentiments are fabricated by modern-day Nationalism. Even after the Arab conquest, their was definitely symbiotic relation with Arabs, f.e. in Khorasan, were many Arabs adapt Persian Culture and even Celebrated Nouruz (f.e. the Abbasid Court). Also Arab Language is very complex and useful for philosophical and scientific writing. Many Iranic scholars wrote their works in Arabic language. Last but not least Persian Culture and Language inherited many Arabic influences.

There were other destructive forces in our History, the Cataclysmic Destruction of the Persian Civilization by Arabs is a Myth.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Philosophy_King For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 678 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhad-7 View Post
    who is the ref for the next game?
    Well according to my calculations, if AFC don't F us over and give us the arab ref it will be Ilgiz Tantashev - Uzbekistan

The refs that have officiated for both iraq and iraq games .
    Kim Jong-hyeok - Iran vs Cambodia
    Fu Ming - Iran vs Bahrain
    Adham Makhadmeh - Iran Vs Hong Kong
    Yaqoob Said Abdullah Abdul Baki - Iraq vs cambodia
    Hiroyuki Kimura - Iraq vs hong kong
    -
    The only ref that hasn't officiate in this tournament is Ilgiz Tantashev and christopher beath (he has been removed) .

-
    I think christopher beath (australian ref) was substituted with Yaqoob Baki due to corona.

However I have feeling AFC will give a ref that favors Iraq. Most probably Hiroyuki Kimura .

So far the refrees that we had : [/SIZE]

Iran vs

Kim Jong-hyeok - Cambodia Game
    Fu Ming - Bahrain game
    Adham Makhadmeh - Hong Kong Game

????? - Iraq game

------

Iraq vs

Yaqoob Said Abdullah Abdul Baki- Cambodia Game
    ??? vs Hong kong
    ??? Vs Iran

Referees left for our iraq game:

Ilgiz Tantashev - Uzbekistan
    Hiroyuki Kimura - Japan

So most probably we'll get Hiroyuki Kimura for our game against iraq.

ps: not sure but christopher beath (australia) was changed to Yaqoob Abdul Baki dur to corona

Edit: Iraq has Hiroyuki Kimura - Japan for their game against hong kong

so that means we are left with the following referee
    Ilgiz Tantashev - Uzbekistan

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 678 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy_King View Post
    Agree, he is born in Abadan and his name doesn't indicate any heritage from an Arab Tribe,
    Bro his name is کنعانی زادگان . Kanaan (کنعان) is a arab city which i think is located in syria. Kanani zadegan in general means born in kanaan. I'm sure you've heard of prophet Yousof story. There is also a beautiful farsi poem about it: Yousof gomgashte Baz Ayad be Kanaan Gham Makhor....

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,434 Times in 4,254 Posts
    Can we move this endless discussion about Kanani's name/origins/DNA/heritage to the general forum please?

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,434 Times in 4,254 Posts
    My new favorite TM player. He's so grounded for a young kid. He's got a very bright future ahead of him. (on a side note, he did very well answering despite the usual unprofessional and uncomfortable/awkward questioning from our media)

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 442

You do not have permission to view the list of names.