Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is an update on the IFF taking the AFC WC qualification hosting debacle to CAS. As predicted, AFC came back and disagreed with expedited processing of the case by CAS and also came back and disagreed with one judge process and requested a 3 judge panel. IFF disagreed with that and CAS has to arrive at a decision by itself on the judges. The normal process (as opposed to the expedited process that is now off the table) could take four months to a whole year that makes the whole thing a moot point from a practical standpoint yet IFF insists to prove that AFC violated the boundaries of its own roles and responsibilities to set the hosting of the qualifying matches the way they did. Last thing is that, IFF as a last resort requested that CAS at least issue a temporary injunction (dastooreh movaghat) on the case so that they could get it before the matches. While IFF did not report whether CAS agreed with issuing a temporary injunction, Varzesh3 claims that CAS rejected IFF's request for that. I have posted IFF second official announcement on the topic plus Rafiei's (IFF Chief Council) latest interview and related Varzesh3 article. All and all, it looks like short of an extraordinary action by CAS that is highly unlikely, TM has to go to Bahrain and show its opponents what Iranian football is made of on the pitch. In all fairness, it seems that IFF new leadership is pulling all the legal stops as they are expected to do so. They are doing their job right in this case considering the cards they were dealt when they took over.

IFF second official announcement on the subject: http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/7721/%D8%A8%...A8%D8%A7%D9%84

Rafeie's interview: http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/7722/%D8%AF%...A9%D8%B1%D8%AF

Varzesh3 article: https://www.varzesh3.com/news/174878...7-%D8%B4%D8%AF

Go TM!

Comment

Good job by IFF. Too many people in Iranian and world football think AFC is a just and impartial organization. It is not.
      No matter the ruling AFC will do what it wants, but its good to show those who think it is ALL IFF incompetence.

Comment

I am still hopefully we won't have to play in Bahrain. Wait and see

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          I am still hopefully we won't have to play in Bahrain. Wait and see
          We will. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Comment

Nice summary and reporting Futbaldoost. Thank you

Comment

It doesn't matter what the result is. I want these motions to be filed EVERYTIME AFC tries something funny. The more money these sheikhs have to cough up the better

Comment

CAS gave a 10 days deadline to AFC to defend their decision

Comment

Below is the third official announcement by IFF in this regard. Here are the main points: CAS has agreed to IFF's request for a temporary injunction. Based on this decision, CAS has give ten days to AFC to provide its defense as mentioned by PSGman#19 above. CAS has also decided to go with a three judge panel considering the importance and sensitivity of the matter. Overall, this is a positive development for IFF and Iran. Their agreement to issue a temporary injunction is another form of expediting the matter since AFC did not agree to an expedited process. It shows that when you have a clever and well informed legal team that understands all the possible avenues based on CAS regulations, it makes a difference. Way to go IFF legal team. There is definitely more hope today than yesterday. This also means that Varzesh3's report claiming that CAS rejected IFF's temporary injunction request was not true. That is why I always qualify their reporting when I quote them.

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/7728/%D8%A8%...B1%D8%A7%D9%86

Go TM!

Comment

Nice! Bravo!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                      Below is the third official announcement by IFF in this regard. Here are the main points: CAS has agreed to IFF's request for a temporary injunction. Based on this decision, CAS has give ten days to AFC to provide its defense as mentioned by PSGman#19 above. CAS has also decided to go with a three judge panel considering the importance and sensitivity of the matter. Overall, this is a positive development for IFF and Iran. Their agreement to issue a temporary injunction is another form of expediting the matter since AFC did not agree to an expedited process. It shows that when you have a clever and well informed legal team that understands all the possible avenues based on CAS regulations, it makes a difference. Way to go IFF legal team. There is definitely more hope today than yesterday. This also means that Varzesh3's report claiming that CAS rejected IFF's temporary injunction request was not true. That is why I always qualify their reporting when I quote them.

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/7728/%D8%A8%...B1%D8%A7%D9%86

Go TM!
                      Does this mean there's the possibility the CAS can make a ruling before the games are set to be played in June?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                        Does this mean there's the possibility the CAS can make a ruling before the games are set to be played in June?

I am not sure how it works persian_pooya jaan. I am hoping that the agreement to do a temporary injunction means that there could be some sort of decision before the first match in Bahrain currently scheduled for June 3rd. The fact that CAS has given AFC ten days to present a defense is a hopeful sign. I went to the CAS site but could not find the specific regulation. I will post updates as they come out.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                          I am not sure how it works persian_pooya jaan. I am hoping that the agreement to do a temporary injunction means that there could be some sort of decision before the first match in Bahrain currently scheduled for June 3rd. The fact that CAS has given AFC ten days to present a defense is a hopeful sign. I went to the CAS site but could not find the specific regulation. I will post updates as they come out.

Go TM!
                          Damet garm futbaldoost

Comment

Thanks Futbaldoost for translating and sharing all of this info for us, much appreciate it friend.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post

According to the below link, temporary injunction means all games of the group are suspended until CAS makes the final decision. Even if It takes for CAS longer than new dates of the games to make the decision, the matches of the group have to be suspended. IFF said they are not looking for postponing any game and hopeful CAS makes the decision much sooner than June. Now if AFC does not answer to CAS by next 10 days or AFC's answer to what IFF complained about does not convince CAS, CAS will change the venue to either Iran or neutral venue. If AFC's answer convinces CAS and IFF does not have any convincing answer to the answer AFC sends to CAS, the venue of the games will remain same. So CAS makes a ruling before the games are set to be played in June.

https://www.saat24.news/news/542632/...B1%DB%8C%D9%86

Comment

So AFC has 8 days left to respond?

Comment

Working...
                                X