Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how much Qatar paid to be in the Gold Cup? Jesus these guys buy their way into everything with sponsorships, funding, etc. It's nuts how much they spend on athletics.

Even for the Olympics they're paying African dudes to live in Qatar and pick up nationality for random sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
      I wonder how much Qatar paid to be in the Gold Cup? Jesus these guys buy their way into everything with sponsorships, funding, etc. It's nuts how much they spend on athletics.

Even for the Olympics they're paying African dudes to live in Qatar and pick up nationality for random sports.
      They will also compete in the European World Cup qualification as far as i know, i think in portugals group

Comment

Money talks.

Comment

LOL. They basically sponsored the whole Gold Cup Tournament (Qatar Airways).

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
            They will also compete in the European World Cup qualification as far as i know, i think in portugals group
            is this sarcasm? How on earth can Qatar participate in UEFA WCQ????? wow i just checked, their results will obv not count but on non match days they will play to have friendlies. unreal

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
              is this sarcasm? How on earth can Qatar participate in UEFA WCQ????? wow i just checked, their results will obv not count but on non match days they will play to have friendlies. unreal
              Yes points dont count its their preparation for WC, its a joke which nobody would have believed some month ago

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                LOL. They basically sponsored the whole Gold Cup Tournament (Qatar Airways).
                It's really funny one of the American commentators during the US-Mex final was talking about how it's good for Qatar to come and "show their unique style of football" and for players to "get new experiences" Like come on bro, we know they're paying you for bullshitting with these talking points lol

Comment

It's really funny one of the American commentators during the US-Mex final was talking about how it's good for Qatar to come and "show their unique style of football" and for players to "get new experiences" Like come on bro, we know they're paying you for bullshitting with these talking points lol
                  Haha, unique style of football is code for mishmash of local players, naturalized foreigners, and foreign coaches. That will give you a unique style for sure

Kidding aside, I still like Qatar FA. They've always been cool with Iran, and offered us friendlies and facilities for training when no other local nation would. More power to them.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    Haha, unique style of football is code for mishmash of local players, naturalized foreigners, and foreign coaches. That will give you a unique style for sure
                    Kidding aside, I still like Qatar FA. They've always been cool with Iran, and offered us friendlies and facilities for training when no other local nation would. More power to them.
                    True, if I remember correctly, they paid for all of the Asian cup 2019 prep that we had when IFF didn't lift a finger? Insane

SNA also published parts of his previous interview with channel 3 of national TV where he said: “If it wasn’t for Qatar Football Federation, we wouldn’t have anything. We wouldn’t even have this camp (referring to the Aspire training camp before AFC). We wouldn’t have been able to play with Venezuela. They (Qatar football federation) paid for everything, the hotel, the trip, everything. They did it because we didn’t have any money. We didn’t have anything.”

Comment

^Exactement! (with heavy French accent)

Comment

Our final WCQ games starts exactly 28 days from today. According to the FIFA site:

Sep 1 Iran - Syria 5:30 AM Pacific

Sep 7 Iraq - Iran 10:00 AM Pacific

Mark your calendar.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                          Our final WCQ games starts exactly 28 days from today. According to the FIFA site:

Sep 1 Iran - Syria 5:30 AM Pacific

Sep 7 Iraq - Iran 10:00 AM Pacific

Mark your calendar.
                          Eskoocher and IFF goozoos are marking their calendar and say oh shittt what should we do next to give some pretense at least that we were aware and had plans for these dates..!! "hey, lucky for us we have this new Delta variant of COVID to blame for doing nothing again..!!

Comment

True, if I remember correctly, they paid for all of the Asian cup 2019 prep that we had when IFF didn't lift a finger? Insane

SNA also published parts of his previous interview with channel 3 of national TV where he said: “If it wasn’t for Qatar Football Federation, we wouldn’t have anything. We wouldn’t even have this camp (referring to the Aspire training camp before AFC). We wouldn’t have been able to play with Venezuela. They (Qatar football federation) paid for everything, the hotel, the trip, everything. They did it because we didn’t have any money. We didn’t have anything.”
                            well obviously a political Tit for Tat.. although done at different government levels..!!
                            they didnt do all that outa goodness of their hearts and because they loved us too much ..... they were getting economically blocked/squeezed by SA/Emirates and IR came to their rescue, so they do the bidding for IR/IFF in terms of organizing friendlies, training camps where western sanctions in place would make it hard/impossible for IFF to pay for, organize directly..!!
                            how do you think they pay for our coaches in other countries currencies.... similar sorta loopholes .... im sure mullah's are an expert in sanctions-dodging tactics on many fronts by now..!

Comment

Skocic met with Azizi Khadem (head of IFF) and presented his plan for TM camps in the third round of AFC WC qualifying. There are no details or mention of friendlies in the report below. I am curious of the contents of the plan now that we are less than four weeks away from the first match against Syria on Wednesday September 1 (according to FIFA). Urgency please!

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/9050/%D8%A8%...86%DB%8C%DA%86

Go TM!

Comment

The FIFA calendar allows for 2 games in September, 2 in October and 2 in November. All 6 of these games are WCQs for TM (and indeed all AFC teams bar Qatar I believe). There is no time for friendlies.

Comment

Working...
                                X