This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    Wilmots put us in a hole and Corona has us waiting 15 months already for its resolution.....

Just want us to get through already
    Though it's allowed many of our TM players to excel at their club level and come back with a huge confidence boost. Here's hoping for massive/decisive wins when they put the TM jersey back on.

Comment

It’s been torture waiting since November of last year for a resolution to the mess team Melli is currently in for WCQ. I can’t stop thinking of possible lineups and specifically how we’d match up against Bahrain and iraq in June. Bahrain will surely be playing for a draw against us, and iraq can beat us as they have had our number recently
      Any ideas for potential lineups? Hong Kong and Cambodia games are helpful for us to see what works. Is Taremi at left wing a guarantee? Is vahid Amiri going to still play, who is our midfield, ezza and nourollahi?

My prediction for how Skocic will generally lineup for these next games is a 4-2-3-1, with this general lineup, Altho I don’t agree with it 100%

LB: milmo
      RB: moharrami
      CBs: PAG, Shoja (with kanaani filling for suspension)
      CMs: ezza, nourollahi
      CAM (if we can call it that): Amiri, and he will basically rotate where he is needed to fill for wingers
      LW: taremi
      RW: gholi

Bench: mainly jahanbaksh, rezaei, karimi, ghayedi

I do hope to see ebrahimi back as CM, and sometimes I wonder if instead of two strikers if we would succeed more if we had multiple wingers feeding one striker. Imagine Taremi or Azmoun with Gholi, ghoddos, and jahanbaksh behind them
      CF: azmoun

Comment

Considering the form out strikers are in, Playing any formation that doesn't include ntwo strikers is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
          Considering the form out strikers are in, Playing any formation that doesn't include ntwo strikers is insane.
          Especially with the chemistry between Sardar and Mehdi. They are also both so agile, deadly accurate in the air, with high football IQ's. They can obliterate an opponent with decent service/delivery.

Comment

Agreed, we're playing against vastly inferior opposition so we don't need to reinvent the wheel with tactics and systems. Just stick our best 11 players into the simplest system and don't be a humongous Belgian idiot, that is all I ask.

Skocic press-conferences for our next 4 games:

https://youtu.be/v7hEqCdAwjs

Comment

The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if all qualifier games are moved to June. At that point our players will be very tired. We are going to need to be very sharp mentally and not lose focus for even a milisecond.

Comment

AFC has decided to cancel the 2020 AFC U-16 and U-19 Championship. They were postponed to early 2021.

Comment

It's hard to imagine we failed to score any goals in the last 2 world cups ( minus OG and penalty) with
                  Jahanbaksh, leading Goal scorer in Netherland a couple of years ago,
                  Saman, scoring so many goals in Sweden, ( Sweden quarter finals, won group)
                  sardar, being top scorer in Russia for last 2 years ( Russia 2nd in group quarter finals)
                  Taremi, tearing it up in Portugal, (2nd in group, round of 16)
                  Kaveh Rezai, Belgium, ( won group, semi finalist)

It shows that our players are capable of playing in the Europe successfully, they just opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
                    It's hard to imagine we failed to score any goals in the last 2 world cups ( minus OG and penalty) with
                    sardar, being top scorer in Russia for last 2 years ( Russia 2nd in group quarter finals)

It shows that our players are capable of playing in the Europe successfully, they just opportunity.
                    The success of National teams like Russia, Sweden, and Belgium have nothing to do with the leagues of those respective countries. Aside from Russia (who were the hosts) the majority of their national team core play in bigger clubs in bigger leagues.

And at that point in time, Taremi hadn’t moved to Europe yet and Azmoun was still in Rubin Kazan. I feel a lot more confident in our offensive firepower doing some damage in the next World Cup. Especially if Allahyar continues to develop, Ghaedi maybe moves to Europe eventually, Saeid continues regaining his form in Denmark and making a move to a club like Copenhagen or a better league, etc.

And now that we have Beiro playing in Europe and Majid Hosseini developing and hopefully making a nice move as a free transfer, Milad and Sadegh do their thing, the defense should also be more foundationally solid to the point we won’t have to park the bus

Future is bright

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post

Didn't Ghoochi score against Bosnia in 2014? But I get your point.

Comment

Sad day

Comment

^ This is very sad. I have fond memories of him playing for TM. My condolences to his family and the whole Iranian football community. Everyone out there, please be extra careful wearing masks and social distancing even after you get the vaccine.

May his memory continue to live in our hearts!

Comment

God dammit..! Fking Covid
                            RIP

Comment

Wow, so sad. Couple of days ago it seemed like he was doing better. Roohesh shad.

Comment

Did any1 see the AFC video on their 2021 group stage draw?

Tractor is grouped with Sharjah and pakhtakor
                                PP is with al rayyan and GOA (??? wtf is GOA LOL)
                                and Esteghlol is with al duhail , al ahli saudi and al shorta

Comment

Working...
                                X