This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
    my question: Why does Hajasfi keep getting the nod when he's been extremely useless.
    I can’t get in the mind of CQ or Skocic, but I have dealt with something similar when I used to play soccer, where the coach picked high motor players, even if they were clumsy and net negatives to the team. One thing a guy like Hajsafi has is energy, he does run a lot, the issue is he makes a lot of mistakes. In practice, my assumption is he shows himself as working hard and hustles. I’m unsure if a guy like Ezatollahi does the same. Although I think we’d unanimously agree Ezatollahi is a better choice than Hajsafi, we don’t see the practices where the coach is evaluating the players for game time. Just a though, but I have seen in my own life similar players be picked over the more talented players, because the coach thinks the more talented players don’t have the same hustle. This can unfortunately be detrimental the team as the hustling player is a liability like Hajsafi.

Comment

Kananni isn't arab
      Agree, he is born in Abadan and his name doesn't indicate any heritage from an Arab Tribe, unlike f.e. Hosseine Kaabi ( Kaab being a designation for the Arab Bani Kaab Tribe).But even if he is an Arab, that would be absolutely no problem, he represent Iran and its amazing ethnic/cultural- plurality.

Technically speaking even Syrians, Egyptians, Moroccans, Lybians, Iraqis, Lebanese, Palestinian's are all not Arabs, but linguistically and culturally Arabized Arameans, Assyrians, Coptic's, Berbers, Phoenicians, Mesopotamians etc. "Real" Arabs came form the Arab peninsular and look very different from for example Syrians.

All this Arab vs Persian Sentiments are fabricated by modern-day Nationalism. Even after the Arab conquest, their was definitely symbiotic relation with Arabs, f.e. in Khorasan, were many Arabs adapt Persian Culture and even Celebrated Nouruz (f.e. the Abbasid Court). Also Arab Language is very complex and useful for philosophical and scientific writing. Many Iranic scholars wrote their works in Arabic language. Last but not least Persian Culture and Language inherited many Arabic influences.

There were other destructive forces in our History, the Cataclysmic Destruction of the Persian Civilization by Arabs is a Myth.

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
        who is the ref for the next game?
        Well according to my calculations, if AFC don't F us over and give us the arab ref it will be Ilgiz Tantashev - Uzbekistan

The refs that have officiated for both iraq and iraq games .
        Kim Jong-hyeok - Iran vs Cambodia
        Fu Ming - Iran vs Bahrain
        Adham Makhadmeh - Iran Vs Hong Kong
        Yaqoob Said Abdullah Abdul Baki - Iraq vs cambodia
        Hiroyuki Kimura - Iraq vs hong kong
        -
        The only ref that hasn't officiate in this tournament is Ilgiz Tantashev and christopher beath (he has been removed) .

-
        I think christopher beath (australian ref) was substituted with Yaqoob Baki due to corona.

However I have feeling AFC will give a ref that favors Iraq. Most probably Hiroyuki Kimura .

So far the refrees that we had : [/SIZE]

Iran vs

Kim Jong-hyeok - Cambodia Game
        Fu Ming - Bahrain game
        Adham Makhadmeh - Hong Kong Game

????? - Iraq game

------

Iraq vs

Yaqoob Said Abdullah Abdul Baki- Cambodia Game
        ??? vs Hong kong
        ??? Vs Iran

Referees left for our iraq game:

Ilgiz Tantashev - Uzbekistan
        Hiroyuki Kimura - Japan

So most probably we'll get Hiroyuki Kimura for our game against iraq.

ps: not sure but christopher beath (australia) was changed to Yaqoob Abdul Baki dur to corona

Edit: Iraq has Hiroyuki Kimura - Japan for their game against hong kong

so that means we are left with the following referee
        Ilgiz Tantashev - Uzbekistan

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
          Agree, he is born in Abadan and his name doesn't indicate any heritage from an Arab Tribe,
          Bro his name is کنعانی زادگان . Kanaan (کنعان) is a arab city which i think is located in syria. Kanani zadegan in general means born in kanaan. I'm sure you've heard of prophet Yousof story. There is also a beautiful farsi poem about it: Yousof gomgashte Baz Ayad be Kanaan Gham Makhor....

Comment

Can we move this endless discussion about Kanani's name/origins/DNA/heritage to the general forum please?

Comment

My new favorite TM player. He's so grounded for a young kid. He's got a very bright future ahead of him. (on a side note, he did very well answering despite the usual unprofessional and uncomfortable/awkward questioning from our media)

Comment

Dude is only 22, a future superstar.. get him to a team in eredivise/portugal team so he can take a step up to a big club after that.. imagine him in ajax/porto in 2-3 years if he gets a move now..
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  My new favorite TM player. He's so grounded for a young kid. He's got a very bright future ahead of him. (on a side note, he did very well answering despite the usual unprofessional and uncomfortable/awkward questioning from our media)
                  I said this a while back. This kid really impresses me a lot. He has awesome technique and a great finisher. He also has the knack to be at right place at the right time.

I want to see him in Europe. He has a bright future if he works hard and makes the right decisions.

Comment

To bad he is skinny... But maybe its to advantage. He needs to get more muscles. Reminds me abit of Borhani haha.

Comment

A bit muscle and he can be Insigne 2.0

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I agree with him which worries me.

The way he started Ezzi and Ghoddos and the way he left Ghoddos on for 90 mins suggests that he's not going to start next game even though he was one of our best players...

Comment

I agree with him which worries me.

The way he started Ezzi and Ghoddos and the way he left Ghoddos on for 90 mins suggests that he's not going to start next game even though he was one of our best players...
                            Not necessarily. Consider both played 45 mins only against bahrain (And in saeid case even less), plus the match vs cambodia could hardly be classed as intense.

Comment

This is a football forum and we all have every right to speculate up the wazoo on what who started against Cambodia means in terms of starters vs Iraq. While some of our speculations are closer to what will perhaps take place (e.g. Beiro and Azmoon who did not play against Cambodia starting against Iraq), the fact of the matter is that we do not know what goes on in Skocic's mind and what factors and criteria are in play when the technical team considers who will start against Iraq. One thing is certain. This team is showing a level of unity, a zest for victory and a sense of playful fun in the midst of intentionality that I saw when TM was at 2018 WC. I think our boys will be 100% motivated and united to step on that horrible pitch next Tuesday and win. Now, that is certain to me.

Go TM!

Comment

I think the first 20-30 min will be crucial, if we weather the storm and don't concede, we will take over from here and eventually score 1-2 goals against Iraq.

But we must be mentally and physically ready from the very first second, since Iraq starts pressing us right from the beginning.

Comment

Working...
                                X