No announcement yet.

PFDC needs representation - If you practice law please participate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for doing this. I will be more than happy to help. I can review the article and provide comments. I recommend succinct approach in terms of the goal of the article in congruence with the specific goal of the lawsuit.

Comment

Dunno if anybody mentioned already, but I think it was WCQ 2002, Saudies last match was conveniently postponed till after our match, making a draw enough for them to advance.

Comment

With all due respect, I don't think this is good idea for number of reasons;

1. The law suit would probably have to be launched in Malaysia where AFC is headquartered. You would need lawyers that practice in that jurisdiction.
        2. Law suits like this take years and the cost would be astronomical
        3. You also need to think about the end result. What is it that you want to achieve. Can it be done without a law suit? A campaign for fair treatment of the teams!!
        4. Work with AFC rather than fight with them. It will bring better result.

Just some food for thoughts!

Comment

^ thanks, we will definitely look into all our options.
          __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
            With all due respect, I don't think this is good idea for number of reasons;

1. The law suit would probably have to be launched in Malaysia where AFC is headquartered. You would need lawyers that practice in that jurisdiction.
            2. Law suits like this take years and the cost would be astronomical
            3. You also need to think about the end result. What is it that you want to achieve. Can it be done without a law suit? A campaign for fair treatment of the teams!!
            4. Work with AFC rather than fight with them. It will bring better result.

Just some food for thoughts!
            I believe Kamran said he was reaching out to some sports attorneys who may be familiar with the process. I think the thought is to do what we all can to not let this issue die out like previous situations where our team has suffered based on AFC decisions. The best method to approach it would be a question for a more experienced individual in the field to determine, but using the resources we have to let Persepolis know that we have their back may inspire them and our other teams to stand their ground against unequal treatment from AFC. We have come to expect such decisions harming us from the confederation, and it’s not right.

Like you said, some avenues may be better than others. Brainstorming ideas can be helpful to weed the good ideas from those that will be unachievable.

Comment

In my personal opinion bringing ref decisions into it may convolute the matter.

I know we have been fucked disproportionately by this but at the same time AFC can point to us getting some favorable reffing decisions as well recently.

For me I would stick to Alekasir, timing of decision, and if we are to include additional examples keep them more recent.

I really liked the Yu Darvish case legal precedent our legal expert mentioned a few pages back. To me basing a complaint off that is very realistic. The deliberation time, timing of decision, evidence given for decision, disregard for legal precedent seems like the crux of the matter here. Even discussing the reason behind his celebration + history of past 4 years celebrating that way may even detract from primary point we are trying to make with a complaint : There was no due process here. None. The thing should be thrown out for lack of one.

Also I guess legal process for making a formal complaint vs a lawsuit is probably two very different things. Maybe we go with option 1 to start and that could develop into something more down the line?

Anyways, Just throwing out some ideas.

Comment

^ yes thank you, all your comments will help our cause and will strengthen this case. I also agree that we perhaps should start with Al Kasir first as his case is really strong. Perhaps if we can't get the OK of Persepolis management, we can always make a case about him personally and get his permission for it too.

Comment

All great points.

Of course, the other issue is a financial one. If we recruit a Malaysian/International sports lawyer to file the complaint and/or lawsuit (which in and of itself would be a huge accomplishment), the funds to pay the lawyer will have to be completely separate from PP or Al Kasir. The reason is that any funds transfer to any person or entity that is Iranian will be delayed/blocked by US sanctions. Even GoFundMe accounts for raising money for Iranian victims of natural disasters are blocked due to US sanctions. Same with PayPal, Venmo, etc. Best case scenario would be a sympathetic Malaysian lawyer (perhaps with an Iranian connection) who can take this on pro bono.

Comment

I found a sports lawyer in Malaysia who deals with sports related cases. I will try to call them on Monday as I have to first figure out my questions. If any of you lives in Malaysia, please let me know before. Cheers

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.45.36 PM.png

Comment

Lets fight back!
                      What a great effort Kamran jaan. I'm no lawyer, but would gladly donate for the cause, its the least we all can do.

ps.

This makes it worthwile to be part of the PFDC family
                      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Great effort. I'm not as football-savvy as many of the other users here nor is law my speciality, but very willing to donate to this good cause.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          All great points.

Of course, the other issue is a financial one. If we recruit a Malaysian/International sports lawyer to file the complaint and/or lawsuit (which in and of itself would be a huge accomplishment), the funds to pay the lawyer will have to be completely separate from PP or Al Kasir. The reason is that any funds transfer to any person or entity that is Iranian will be delayed/blocked by US sanctions. Even GoFundMe accounts for raising money for Iranian victims of natural disasters are blocked due to US sanctions. Same with PayPal, Venmo, etc. Best case scenario would be a sympathetic Malaysian lawyer (perhaps with an Iranian connection) who can take this on pro bono.
                          I am willing to put the initiative capitol to get this rolling and perhaps get refunded when we win if ever. I will match equal to whatever the fans raise collectively for this mission as an example, if people raise $5000, I will match it and etc.

Looking at it from my own perspective, I want to try to put a stop on the misery of the Iranian football fans whenever they play important and decisive matches against AFC's favorites or Arab teams and using their favorite referees and power to drive us out of competitions. The plot is so clear, it does not need much effort to prove our points IMO.
                          Last edited by webmaster; 10-08-2020, 12:16 AM.

Comment

There seem to be categories we can put them inti

1. Scheduling (final matches not at same time for example)
                            2. Refereeing
                            3. Monetary (WC money coming back super late to IFF)
                            4. Unfair judgments by committee (al Kasir for example)
                            5. Treatment of TM players/staff in foreign countries

Just thought it may help some folks to compartmentalize the issues. Thank you all, this is awesome to see.

Comment

Can someone send me links to videos of all the "racist" slanted eye celebrations via PM? Or on here, doesn't matter. I have an idea about a video project.

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
                                There seem to be categories we can put them inti
                                1. Scheduling (final matches not at same time for example)
                                2. Refereeing
                                AC2011 best example.
                                We played our final group stage game just two days before our quarterfinals vs S Korea. (and only us no other team had this timetable)
                                And the ref in that game was from one of the nations we would have played in case we would have won (that was either in group stage or in quarterfinals, I don’t remember now...)
                                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X