UEFA Champions league & Europa league draws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UEFA Champions league & Europa league draws

Tomorrow is the UCL draw with two iranians concerned.
    Some information below.
    Europa league draw is friday. Will update this post after the end of tomorrow EL play off.

UCL draw : Thursday 1st of October - 5pm Germany time

POT 1: Bayern Munich, Sevilla, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Juventus, PSG, Porto (Taremi), Zenit Saint Petersburg (Azmoun)

POT 2: Barcelona, Atlético Madrid, Manchester City, Manchester United, Shakhtar Donetsk, Borussia Dortmund, Chelsea, Ajax

POT 3: Dynamo Kiev, Salzburg, RB Leipzig, Inter Milan, Olympiakos, Lazio, Krasnodar, Atalanta

POT 4: Lokomotiv Moscow, Marseille, Club Brugge, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Istanbul Basaksehir, Midtjylland, Rennes, Ferencvaros

My ideal draw:

Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Krasnodar, Brugge

Zenit, Ajax, Olympiacos, Ferencvaros

I hope Brugge ends up with one of Porto or Zenit so an iranian striker can get some revenge for Kaveh

Comment

Opponents I want for our players :
      Pot 2 : Barcelona, City, Dortmund (atletico and United are ok too)
      Pot 3 : Inter milan..
      Pot 4 : damn what is that haha

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
        My ideal draw:

Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Krasnodar, Brugge

Zenit, Ajax, Olympiacos, Ferencvaros

I hope Brugge ends up with one of Porto or Zenit so an iranian striker can get some revenge for Kaveh
        We all want this draw

Comment

There is always discussion of top teams vs group than our boys can advance out of for deeper CL run, more high profile knockout matches. For me its a fine balance.
          I would start by saying I think Porto are super strong this season, with top coach. I think unless they get group of death they can seriously advance out of most groups. their midfield line is much much stronger than zenit, and have a lot of tactical variability. for that reason I think they can deal with slightly harder group. I want to see taremi vs a true giant of european football. Barca are that but definitely beatable. Marseille also have good profile but similarly I think porto can deal with them. They also had interest in mehdi this summer. Olympiakos are a hard proposition away from home, but so are Krasnodar, Kyiv, Salzburg. I think Salzburg are most exciting out of all them, while krasnodar actually beat porto last year. Olympiakos have less quality than last year following loss of podence, tsimikas.

Porto
          Barca
          Olympiakos
          Marseille

For zenit, they seriously need a CM or else they will be crash and burn in CL. Rodrigo de Paul of Udinese for around 25-30 mil seems like it has much more credibility than fekir rumors, and is probably a better profile for them as box to box CM who can really advance the ball from deep with great technique.

I think for Azmoun scoring against a PL team can be most beneficial in terms of hype train. United are pretty terrible currently and with a midfield addition zenit can definitely deal with them. Chelsea also not a terrible matchup for them imo as their team is not very settled yet and will probably take several months to hit their stride. Id love to see azmoun vs lazio. He has most credible interest coming from italy in recent years and would be nice to show up lazio for not completing a deal for him in past windows. from pot 4 I would not mind a german team such as monchengladbach. formidable opponent but with a young team that more experienced zenit can deal with. Brugge would also be a fun team for zenit to beat down for what they did to Kaveh.

Zenit
          United
          Lazio
          Brugge

Comment

Visual representation of pots

Comment

Draw simulator : https://draw.inker.one/#/cl/gs

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                went through it once and got

Porto, Dortmund, Krasnodar, Brugge

Zenit, ManU, Inter, ferencvaros

I’d be good with that draw

Comment

I want the strongest team from Pot 2 (Barcelona, United, City, Chelsea). These are the teams that get the most attention, so performance against them matters the most. Azmoun's goals against Bayern and Atletico would remain longer in our memories than other goals. Besides what's the point of playing in UCL if you don't get to play with the big boys?

Then I want the weakest teams from Pot 3 and 4 to have a reasonable chance of progression. It would also help if Pot 2 team does not drops any point against the other teams.

Comment

i prefer zenith to meet a english team, slap them abit expecially chealsea.

Comment

Lol, how's Zenit in pot one?
                      Didn't even pass the group stage last year, and have never been passed the round of 16!

They worse than every team in Pot 2 with the exception of Shakhtar and maybe Ajax.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                        Lol, how's Zenit in pot one?
                        Didn't even pass the group stage last year, and have never been passed the round of 16!

They worse than every team in Pot 2 with the exception of Shakhtar and maybe Ajax.
                        I think all the Clubs that became Champions in their respected Leagues land in pot 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
                          I think all the Clubs that became Champions in their respected Leagues land in pot 1.
                          Champions in leagues ranked 1-7* plus EL/CL winners

Comment

I think I spotted my old school team in pot 4. Great to see them do well.

Comment

Anyone has a link?

Comment

Working...
                              X