X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Feels so good to see several TM players speaking fluent English. Good luck Saman, make us all proud!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
        Feels so good to see several TM players speaking fluent English. Good luck Saman, make us all proud!
        I think half of them speak English pretty fluently, most if not all can communicate well enough for football standard. We’ve come a long way since the days where nobody spoke anything but Farsi!
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

lol to be fair Saman was born in Sweden and grew up there. Speaking English is no biggie for him
          sigpic

Comment

Get to Know: Saman Ghoddos

Ten things about our new man

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/202...saman-ghoddos/

Saman Ghoddos completed his long-awaited move to West London on Monday, signing on an initial one-year loan deal from Amiens SC. Get to know more about our new man and his career so far below.

Saman Ghoddos was born in Malmö, Sweden, on 6 September 1993 to parents hailing from the city of Ahvaz in Southwest Iran.
            His final year within the youth set-up at Malmö FF was also Pontus Jansson’s first season there. The pair were separated by two age groups.
            Saman’s senior debut came for local Third Division side, IF Limhamn Bunkeflo, as a 17-year-old in July 2011. He scored his first senior goal 11 months later in a 1-1 league draw against Qviding.
            Following a further year in the Swedish third tier with Trelleborgs, Saman’s first move away from the Malmö area took him to Syrianska on the outskirts of Stockhölm. He spent two seasons in the second tier before moving to Östersunds FK.

Saman developed a habit for big goals while at Ostersunds. He scored twice in OFK’s 2016/17 Svenska Cup Semi-Final win over BK Häcken and grabbed another in the Final against IFK Norrköping, as the club picked up their first ever trophy.
            The following season, his 77th minute goal in the Second Leg of OFK’s Europa League Fourth Qualifying Round tie against PAOK Thessaloniki saw Graham Potter’s side overturn a 3-1 First Leg deficit and make the group stages.
            After qualifying for the Last 32 of the competition, Saman caught the eye of Arsene Wenger after two assists against The Gunners at The Emirates. The Arsenal boss saying “I believe that the most impressive in the first game was Ghoddos, who is a marvellous player. Technically and tactically, I was impressed by him.”

He also enjoyed his outings against former sides with three goals and two assists in six games against Malmö and three goals and three assists in a trio of games against Trelleborgs.

Saman’s two years with Amiens SC, that began in the summer of 2018, brought five goals and five assists in 37 appearances. His second season was punctuated by a four-month football ban, injury, and then the Coronavirus pandemic.

The 27-year-old has scored international goals for both Sweden and Iran, having played two friendlies for the nation of his birth before switching his allegiance to Iran ahead of the 2018 World Cup. He featured in all three matches for Carlos Queiroz’s side in Russia, including the win over Morocco (pictured below), describing the match against Spain as the toughest of his career.

Comment

I guess Saman will come in as a sub and make his debut tomorrow... I'm excited to see him in action finally

PSYCHOPATH
              https://open.spotify.com/track/54q3rTiRdvXGar9WvqJA4T

Comment

so he got number 20..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  so he got number 20..!!?
                  11 would've been better with Ghoddos

PSYCHOPATH

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                    It's really hard for me not to love this guy. He is so genuine and authentic. Kind of reminds me of ARJ yet he has his own twist.

Go Saman!

Comment

Originally posted by kidmo View Post
                      11 would've been better with Ghoddos
                      guess he wanted 10 ..? not available .... so he was like double up ni**a

Comment

Comment

his number and name not in the site yet

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                            his number and name not in the site yet
                            He was wearing number 20 at the training

PSYCHOPATH

Comment

Not in team, according to twitter page he is still waiting international clearance.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Brentford...40908595146752

Comment

https://twitter.com/BrentfordFC/stat...595146752?s=19

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X