Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other clubs pay Benham’s company to use their programme for player stats to buy players.
    Super happy for Brentford - they were very unlucky last season , the pressure told at the end. No top league football since the 46-47 season I think. I also don’t think Brentford will go out there and splash loads of cash - they will make some clever signings though. We know with Saman that they had tracked him since his Ostersunds day - wouldn’t surprise me if they had already picked their targets.
    They also have a lot of young Scandinavian players that may break through too due to Frank’s links working in Denmark with the national youth teams and also Benham also owns midtjylland.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
      Nice
      I might watch it then if on cbs
      Hate both teams but especially loath chelsea ..!
      Go Citay
      Hopefully a good game but unlikely as chelsea will likely park the bus
      They just talked about AFC Champions League on CBS on their streaming service Paramount+.

Comment

Not sure if you guys over there can get access to it but in the UK the game is being shown free to watch through the BT Sport page on YouTube

Comment

As ever, when wanting to see an accurate and objective rating of teams, look at the bettings markets.

https://m.skybet.com/football/premie...event/27409986

Brighton are rated as a mid-table strength (13th) side. Brentford as relegation battlers (17th/18th). I can see them reaching heights of 12-15th but they're no Leeds and finding talent at Champ level is a whole different ball game to EPL, automatically they'll have to pay double for any player to start with. Will be fascinating to see how they operate in the market.

Comment

^^^. Just out of curiosity, what did the market predict for BHA last season? What about Leeds or Sheffield? A link would be nice...
            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
              ^^^. Just out of curiosity, what did the market predict for BHA last season? What about Leeds or Sheffield? A link would be nice...
              They weren’t far off with a lot of there betting odds last season on SkyBet (West Ham Really overperformed) - they had Leeds at 150/1 favourites which was 7th-9th. (Leeds finished 9th)
              Brighton they had at 750/1 which had them at 14th to 16th and they finished 16th.
              https://fanbanter.co.uk/sky-bet-reve...1-winner-odds/

Edit - meant to say as well that this was before transfer window opened and injuries happened. Sheffield United for example we’re screwed by injuries to there defence which was the stregnth to their playing style and led to their relegation.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                Im not sure why you think they will keep the same team though? Looking at their transfer history its pretty clear to see theyve had more hits than brighton, on a small fraction of the budget brighton have as well. Now they just got a $104 Mil check, giving them access to a whole new profile of player.

I think brentford have already, a much stronger LB than brighton (Rico Henry), a better or equal GK in Raya, can certainly argue besides Bissouma that the brentford midfield is stronger (Jensen,Janelt would both get into brentford side), mbuemo I dont think is anything inferior to the brighton wings of Trossard,ARJ and Forward there is no discussion Toney is many levels above brighton guys. Thats about half the team. Brighton definitely have stronger CBs, a better RB in Lamptey, and more depth just by virtue of having PL cash to spend. If Brentford sign a high quality CB (maybe 2), a better RB, and another wing I think they will stay up without a lot of issues.
                They won't keep the exact same team, but like many newly promoted teams they won't have the ability to go out and splurge. They might have a couple "big" signings of around 15-20 mil, but overall it's much harder to recruit as a newly promoted team, than it is when you have been mid-upper table of your division for a couple of year. Plus their model has never been spending big, rather they try to find diamonds in the rough and build those players up. That's a slow process, hence I don't think they will just walk into EPL and finish mid-table.

Brighton's GK has been called up to the Spain squad the past two times, while Raya hasn't been, and has put in some very impressive performances against much tougher competition.

Rico isn't necessarily much better than Solly March by any metric (Brighton's actual LWB before his injury).

Lallana, Gross, Alzate have all been serviceable MFs in the EPL, whereas Jensen and Janlet are yet to prove themselves in the highest level of Club football.

Mbuemo might be on the same level as Trossard, Mac Allister, and Ali, but that's yet to be put to test, and still leaves Brentford one forward of that caliber short to be on Brighton's level.

As Striker, I give you that Toney is above Maupay and Welbeck, but lets not forgot only three years ago, Maupay himself seemed great in Brentford's system.

I'm going to stop playing nostradumbass and make predictions, but it's a bit of stretch to assume that a newly playoff promoted team can just waltz in and finish above a team who's been in the league for 4 seasons.

Comment

Wasnt impressed by Saman in the last few months, he need a strong off season to work on his fitness if he want get decent playing time in EPL

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                    As ever, when wanting to see an accurate and objective rating of teams, look at the bettings markets.

https://m.skybet.com/football/premie...event/27409986

Brighton are rated as a mid-table strength (13th) side. Brentford as relegation battlers (17th/18th). I can see them reaching heights of 12-15th but they're no Leeds and finding talent at Champ level is a whole different ball game to EPL, automatically they'll have to pay double for any player to start with. Will be fascinating to see how they operate in the market.
                    Yeah cause betting markets are always right. They totally had Leicester winning the Prem in 2016

Comment

Comment

Comment

I’m late to the party, just watched the highlights and post-match celebration videos. So happy for Saman and for Brentford fans. These fans deserved this joy, they had been waiting for this moment for such a long time. And they aren’t fans of a lucky team, their team is no joke. Brentford plays really well and is capable of doing more in the EPL next season. Wow wow wow. Congratulations to all Brentford fans

Comment

Congrats to Saman and Brentford. Now get your ass to Kish asap lol, or will he join in Bahrain?
                            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Now that they're promoted to the EPL, ghoddos will probably get even less minutes. Obviously it's great to play in the EPL, but a situation like JB's isn't fun

Comment

Ghoddos will keep on working on his fitness and i'm positive he will play an important role for Brentford if his coach stays. Ghoddos is in the right environment with the right coaching staff. You can't compare his situation with Jahanbakhsh who is in the wrong environment with a coach who has no confidence in him or at least does not include him in the future plans of his team.

Comment

Working...
                                X