This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
    Yep, then if Bournemouth are still 2-1 up after extra time then they go through (I’m sure this is the scenario , either that or I dreamt it).
    I think you dreamt it. Here is the language from EFL site:

The winner of a semi-finals is decided by the tie's aggregate score after the two legs. If the aggregate score is level at the end of the 90 minutes of the second leg, then an additional 30 minutes of extra time is played to try to create a winning team. If the score at the end of extra time is still level then the tie is decided by penalty kicks. Away goals do not count in the play-off semi final matches.

The two winners from the semi-finals meet at a neutral venue in the final. The final must be decided on the day, so extra time and penalties may be carried out if the scores are level. The winner of the tie gains promotion to the league above the one they are currenly in.

Reads like away goals don't matter, just the aggregate.

Comment

Comment

they have to win to qualify to the final , i hope brendford go to premier league and see ghoddos in the epl

Comment

If Brentford look the way they have the last 8-10 league games this Saturday it’s a done deal, they won’t advance. If they play the way they did the vast majority of the season then there is hope.....almost positive they have beat the same Bournemouth team twice in the league this year. There’s no reason why they shouldn’t be able to advance.

While I value frank as a coach and what he’s done for saman he clearly has his shortcomings in a few departments, one of them is having a strong, steady, consistent and mentally tough squad. They seem to crumble in the crucial moments these last few years.

The silver lining if they don’t advance is saman can join TM sooner which if it happens, will be VERY important since he is always the last one to join. He’s had a long season so the earlier he gets off and joins us the better.
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Second leg of the playoff tomorrow (Saturday), at 4:30 AM pacific time on ESPN+ for U.S. subscribers.

They are in a hole, and Saman probably won't start, but let's hope they can pull off an unlikely victory.

Comment

Brentford is down 0-1 to Bournemouth. It’s minute 12 of the first half.

Comment

Very feisty and open match, can see more goals and potential reds.

It is now 1-1 tanks to a Toney penalty.

Comment

There’s the red card . Mbuemo brought down when through on goal.

Brentford fans singing ‘Chris Mepham, he’s one of our own’ is making me laugh as he is a former player who has just been sent off for Bournemouth.

Comment

What an awesome incredible gam so far....things gonna get even more exciting after the red card. Brentford is about to make a huge push here momentum is all theirs let’s see what they do with it
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Toney just missed a free header.

Comment

Brentford just had a shot cleared off the line.

Comment

Brentford right back just isn’t good enough - moves breaking down a lot when it comes to him.

Comment

1-1 at half time , Bournemouth conduct has been very poor

Comment

Link for the game
                              http://www.hesgoal.com/news/80448/Br...urnemouth.html

Btw, sry if it has been asked before in the thread, but how does it work with awaygoals in this playoffs? is it enough to score 1 goal now to take it to OT or do they have to score 2more to win or they are out? thx
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

just woke a while ago
                                saw last few minutes of first half
                                and some highlights ..... how in dafauq you allow a guy to get behind you on that breakaway for first goal...?? that is pure idiotic mistake.... so far both Bourn goals come from absolute retarded individual mistakes..!!

pure luck to be still in this due to the red card but Bourn taking all the Grolling and time wasting tactics known to football and are playing quiet gheyrati and physical..!!

Frank must bring Saman a bit earlier today... give our man at least 30mins man and he will deliver you the victory..!! he has a knack for keeping his cool in these sorts of games situations and pick that one pass or score a beauty off a fk opportunity..!!
                                if its gonna be another bs late sub, then i'd be rooting for them to loose and be done with it ..!

Comment

Working...
                                X