This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AliKarimi8 View Post
    HNK Gorica had a friendly against a Croatian amateur club today. Delfi scored the second goal to make it 2-2. The game ended with a draw.

Comment

Just checked the Croatian standings and HNKG is tied for first with Dinamo Zagreb with 13 pts after 5 games. Not bad for Delfi's exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        Just checked the Croatian standings and HNKG is tied for first with Dinamo Zagreb with 13 pts after 5 games. Not bad for Delfi's exposure.
        Ideally, he goes to a better team next season, but if they buy him and are in Europe it's not the worst situation

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
          Ideally, he goes to a better team next season, but if they buy him and are in Europe it's not the worst situation
          ideally he gets his chance at charleroi!

Comment

Interview with Delfi by Croatian media:

"'I WANT TO BE THE BEST IN THE WORLD!'

'In Croatia, everyone received me very warmly, and I was especially inspired by the first conversation with the coach'

Although he did not make a single appearance in the official match for Belgian Cherleroi last season, the young Iranian Younes Delfi , who will turn 20 on the second day of October, had his dream debut for Gorica. Coach Dambrauskas introduced him in the last fifteen minutes with the result 2: 1 for Istria with a player more for the guests after the exclusion of Steenvoorden , and Delphi justified the confidence shown with a goal for 2: 2 in the 89th minute. He deftly reacted to Lovrić's cross and directed the ball into the net with his thigh.

Already this reaction proved that this is a player who can really play in several positions in the attack, and a height of 184 centimeters, combined with speed and technique give a potentially complete player, who was thrown into orbit by one game of the Iranian U-17 national team. . It was a little less than three years ago, on October 10, 2017 at the World Cup in India when Iran sensationally beat Germany 4-0. Younes Delfi scored the first two goals, and assisted for the third, and then in the 66th minute he left the game with a standing ovation from the stands.

Iranian media immediately called for a miracle from the Esthegal club, predicted that a new Ali Daei , the successor of their legendary striker, would come on the scene , and a number of European clubs tried to bring him into their ranks. Somewhat surprisingly, in the summer of 2018, Delphi will end up in Cherleroi, Belgium, a club without any special reputation, and little will go according to plan there. Yes, in the first season he managed to win six appearances, and have a goal and an assist, but then he had trouble with injuries, and last season the coach of the Belgian club Karim Belhocine completely pushed him into the background , and he did not even run for the first team.

This summer, Delphi wanted to leave Charleroi at all costs, and through his managerial connections, the sports director of Gorica, Mindaugas Nikoličius, is involved .

Very similar to the case of Cherif Ndiaye, who was brought from the second team of Beveren in January 2019, Nikoličius manages to persuade Delfi to come to Velika Gorica, and agrees with the Belgian club on a loan with the right of redemption.

- I had a lot of offers, especially from Iranian clubs, but I was not interested in Asia, I want to play exclusively in Europe because the best football is played here. I see Gorica as an opportunity to return to the big stage, although I know that there are very good players here and that I have yet to fight for the opportunity - said Younes Delfi when he signed a contract with Gorica on September 14, and what reputation he enjoys best in Iran says the fact that the Tehran Times in its English edition on the same day published a news item entitled "Our great talent is performing today in the Croatian club HNK Gorica."
            Delphi points to Cristiano Ronaldo as a role model , and since he could not take the number 7 worn by the Iraqi Jiloan Hamad in Gorica , he decided on the number 79 with an interesting explanation:

- I was born in 2000 according to the world, but in Iran it is 1379, so I took the number 79 on the jersey.
            By the way, the Iranians have a unique calendar even from most other Muslim countries, the zero date represents the emigration (Hijra) of the Prophet Muhammad, which happened in 622 according to the Gregorian calendar, and the new year begins on the first day of spring on March 21.

- The Croatian league is interesting to me and I believe that I can show quality here, and here I also scored a goal. Of course, I am happy about that, but I am even happier that we won a point after we lost and had a red card - said Delfi after the duel with Istra, who had only three training sessions with the team before that.

- Everyone received me very warmly, everyone approached me and said "hello", and I was especially inspired by the first conversation with coach Dambrauskas. He immediately instilled great confidence in me and I think I showed that when I stepped on the field. We have great ambitions, and if you ask me, we will fight for the Champions League, I want to play there - underlined Younes Delfi, who expressed great optimism in his first contact with the Croatian media, when he said last week for the club's website that he wants to become the best footballer in the world ”."

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/sn/nogo...ijetu-15020569

Comment

The combination of this kids mentality and talent at such a young age makes me not even feel worried about his future. I’m sure he’s gonna make a great career for himself in Europe.

Would be pretty awesome if by next year he can get himself into the lineup at Charleroi or earn a move to dinamo Zagreb

Comment

On the bench

Comment

Delfi assists the late equalizer!

Comment

He’s made a goal contribution in every match he’s played so far for Gorica. Should be in the starting lineup in no time

Comment

Wtf they lost to 100 minute winner just like Brighton. 6 mins was given in injury time lol

Comment

Really good to see delfis innate quality.

Being involved in goals in every game despite not starting is very good, seems like he's fit and ready to take a starting spot.
                        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Well done to Delfi , keeping his head up and taking his chance well. Hopefully his fitness stays strong this season.

What a great weekend so far for our players , goals from Sardar and Reza. Assists for Delfi, Jahanbakhsh and Moharammi. Milad back in the starting line up too is great news, hoping that Sardar’s injury is not that bad.

Comment

awesome. Was a basically excellent week/weekend for our legionairres leading up to Int. break.

Comment

Highlights - Osijek 2:1 Gorica FT

*Delfi's assist at min. 5.00

Comment

Anyone know why delfi isn’t in the squad for the match?

Comment

Working...
                                X