Morteza Pouraliganji @ Shenzhen FC @ 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FMCSMUBLB View Post
    Great listen if you have the time. Very insightful and sincere.

Comment

Interesting interview. He confirmed having proposal from Caen (france), Gent, trabzonspor and brighton after wc2018.
      He recognized he waited too long for better proposals, that's why he ended in Eupen
      About living Eupen after 6 months. I can understand his points about belgium not giving visa to his family. But playing in Eupen against teams like brugge would have improved him more than playing in China

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        Interesting interview. He confirmed having proposal from Caen (france), Gent, trabzonspor and brighton after wc2018.
        He recognized he waited too long for better proposals, that's why he ended in Eupen
        About living Eupen after 6 months. I can understand his points about belgium not giving visa to his family. But playing in Eupen against teams like brugge would have improved him more than playing in China
        I think he's been after money since day 1. From a rural working class family to China, Qatar, Belgian Club owned by Qataris that can pay Qatari wages, Qatar round 2, China round 2.

His priorities are clear, he's not flashy with his money like some other players in those leagues, but he saw the $ and fell into that trap

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
          I think he's been after money since day 1. From a rural working class family to China, Qatar, Belgian Club owned by Qataris that can pay Qatari wages, Qatar round 2, China round 2.

His priorities are clear, he's not flashy with his money like some other players in those leagues, but he saw the $ and fell into that trap
          ditto
          despite his rather refreshingly genuine and sincere demeanor and rather straightforward honest answers he gave to most all other questions thrown at him in over an hour long interview. he clearly is your "Bird at Hand" sorta of a guy...! he knows he has a limited window of opportunity to make the big bocks in this line of work and isnt accepting of a challenging himself even for a reasonable limited time in a more challenging and higher exposure EU league in hopes of proving himself and then finally coming to Term$ with somewhat similar sorta money he is earning in Arab/china now..!!
          he said it himself that "he could be only 1 serious injury away from being forgotten thing of the past and left alone to his vices", if there were any questions still towards his by enlarge Money Chasing mentality as clearly evident with his chosen career path so far, that statement clearly points to the fact that he is indeed Mr. PoolAliGanji...!

during the WC and watching from the stands perspective, Taremi's, Saeed's, PAG's and Amiri's performances came across to me as the most admiring overall in that order..! that was mostly because of their Drive, Confidence and selfless, non-stop hard work during Every minute on the pitch and then the general quality of their play all over..!! I had real real high hopes for his ensuing transfer to some good EU destination after WC and im now glad to know that earlier rumors about interest for him werent bs rumors..!
          he shoulda really taken that BHA offer in hindsight ...!!? i dont know WTF he was thinking delaying, turning down an EPL club offer ..?? to me its for most part irrelevant what happened to ARJ there...!!? PAG coulda well been a shoe-in and easily a 3rd choice CB in the highly defensive BHA set-up of CH..!? furthermore he had the flexibility to play DM and wingbacks for them too where they were even more so in dire need of youth and quality..! probably the personal pay package were likely to be more lucrative than elsewhere in Europe too ? but off course no where near level of $aticefying his greedy ass..!!

ps
          this was perhaps my favorite TM player interview ever..! professionally conducted by the host and especially pleasing because of PAG's Candid and no BS demeanor and rather admiring Vigor ...!!

he obviously still doesnt seem the grasp the value and importance of a short term SACRIFICE in order to achieve Greater things in life .... but ultimately that's ok by me, so long he keeps performing admirably in TM shirt for us fans at least..! at least he comes across Very Confident and Driven and that is very welcoming signs of success from my perspective..!! Best Wishes to him..!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            Thanks for these important notes from the interview. I always knew Pouraliganji had solid EU offers, he is one of our most decent CB's and it's a real shame he chose for the money. He could have been one of the few Iranian CB's that could make it in a solid EU league.

Comment

I mean Brighton plays in the EPL and pays their players well - did he shed any light on why he didn’t choose them specifically?
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                I mean Brighton plays in the EPL and pays their players well - did he shed any light on why he didn’t choose them specifically?
                according to him in the interview, He was waiting on even better offers instead..!!?
                but more likely the paypackage still paled in compari$on to what he was being offered to play in Gutter, and he wasnt keen on short term sacrifice in order to challenge himself in the best leagues of the world and dilly dallied too long, in silly and vain hopes of FCB/ManU come begging for his siggi and ended up stuck back in gutter goofing off with a bunch of camel jockeys...!!

Comment

He fckued his career up big time, you want play in China and Qatar, fine... Play for their best teams for god sake! He was @Al-Sadd when he was 24-25 then his career regressed except a short time in Belgium. He is not old and is not late yet but i don"t really see him make a move to Europe anytime in his career. If he had offer from PL and Le Championnat , he should be a real idiot to reject that even if it was for more money in Qatar and China.

Comment

I think our players also get really bad advice from those around them. Probably a lot of not of not so knowledgeable people giving him a lot of meaningless info. I think from this pile of mozakhraf is where he got idea he should wait and would get better offers.

After WC he was well positioned. At that time Caen were a midtable ligue 1 team, brighton ofc in PL, and even Genk belgian champions + regulars in CL/EL with great track record of exporting guys (even those at slightly more middle age like PAG was). Even trabzonspor was a solid offer considering he could have formed pairing with Majid which would have been awesome for TM.

These are much better offers than even taremi had when transferring from qatar to europe lol. IMO, PAG is on Taremi's level and if he had backed himself a bit more/had better advice he could have easily transferred from any of those already solid teams to an excellent team, or even once at Eupen made a strong transfer in the summer considering his great form.

Its a big waste in terms of talent, bc honestly from all iranian defenders in recent times (including Jalal, Pejman,Rahman Rezaei) he is the most well rounded and complete. At least for TM he has always been solid but he could have achieved a lot more as we see with taremi now in porto, he was even older when he went to a midtable portuguese team. And last point, 26-30 is really not old for a CB.

Comment

I haven't listened to the interview, but did he mention that he also had offers when he was in Eupen?
                      Because according to Amir Hashemi, he did.

Comment

He doesn't have decent people in level of football abilities around him, most likely his brother or Taghi, Naghi are his agent/advisor.

He is better defender than Hosseini, who earn 500-700 K a year, so his contract in Europe was going to be around the same amount after 2018 WC, he was going to earn way more money for his next contract base on his performance.
                        So even if money was his priority, he wasn't smart enough in long term.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                          He doesn't have decent people in level of football abilities around him, most likely his brother or Taghi, Naghi are his agent/advisor.

He is better defender than Hosseini, who earn 500-700 K a year, so his contract in Europe was going to be around the same amount after 2018 WC, he was going to earn way more money for his next contract base on his performance.
                          So even if money was his priority, he wasn't smart enough in long term.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                          As many have said he is a "bird in the hand is worth more than 2 in the bush" type of person.
                          He also seems to have been financially responsible for his family from a young age as his father passed away when he was very young.

Comment

How’s Morteza doing? Any new injury updates on his situation?

Many of our talented players have made poor career decisions. On the other hand we’ve seen many surprises as well. Despite the fact that he never officially transferred to Europe, he is the anchor who took over when Hosseini and Montazeri were on the brink of retirement. He’s still a lion central defender in my book and in Asia. Of course I would have loved to see him play in Europe but this is the path he chose to take.

Get well soon Pahlevan, we need you back in June!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              according to him in the interview, He was waiting on even better offers instead..!!?
                              but more likely the paypackage still paled in compari$on to what he was being offered to play in Gutter, and he wasnt keen on short term sacrifice in order to challenge himself in the best leagues of the world and dilly dallied too long, in silly and vain hopes of FCB/ManU come begging for his siggi and ended up stuck back in gutter goofing off with a bunch of camel jockeys...!!
                              He would have rejected Barcelona as he is a die hard real fan and would have left ManU after 6 months because he didn't have playing time etc..

Comment

He was benched today and played the last 5 min. Hamin kam monde to chin bench beshe defa vasate asli ma!

Comment

Working...
                                X