No announcement yet.

Morteza Pouraliganji @ Shenzhen FC @ 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morteza is by far our best CB, so its a big miss.

But this is a good moment to really take stock of his career. In that big interview he had recently he spoke a lot about the risk associated with moving to europe, the risk of one bad injury derailing progress, being away from his family, etc. These were apparently the reasons he claimed to not be comfortable taking offers from Caen, Dusseldorf, Genk, etc.

Now here we are, he is a chinese backwater for the 2nd (!) time, and low and behold, he tears an ACL. OFC this was a risk anywhere but now it happened to him in one of the most anonymous places ever, he was more under the spotlight in qatar with Al sadd than in shenzhen. Now he probably has no chance of ever having a good euro adventure and wasted his best talent and years hanging out in qatar and taking "Risks" in China.

A real shame as he has been our best CB and actually most consistent player since AC 2015 (more consistent than amiri, taremi, azmoun even).

Im glad that it seems this mentality of fear is slowly disappearing from our players.

Salmani,Allahyar, Delfi, Moharrami, Majid jumping on first euro offers, finding new ones in even smaller more remote clubs to continue their development in EU when initial move doesnt go perfectly.

Players like Alipour, Beiro, Niazmand, Karimi dropping great financial + living situations in Iran/Qatar where they were main stars to pursue smaller euro teams. (Hopefully we can add Ghayedi and Mohebbi to this list shortly).

I hope this continues to become the dominant preference for iranian players, and not being so scared of taking what is in hindsight a small risk if their talent is as much as PAGs.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

But this is a good moment to really take stock of his career. In that big interview he had recently he spoke a lot about the risk associated with moving to europe, the risk of one bad injury derailing progress, being away from his family, etc. These were apparently the reasons he claimed to not be comfortable taking offers from Caen, Dusseldorf, Genk, etc.

Now here we are, he is a chinese backwater for the 2nd (!) time, and low and behold, he tears an ACL. OFC this was a risk anywhere but now it happened to him in one of the most anonymous places ever, he was more under the spotlight in qatar with Al sadd than in shenzhen. Now he probably has no chance of ever having a good euro adventure and wasted his best talent and years hanging out in qatar and taking "Risks" in China.

A real shame as he has been our best CB and actually most consistent player since AC 2015 (more consistent than amiri, taremi, azmoun even).

Im glad that it seems this mentality of fear is slowly disappearing from our players.

Salmani,Allahyar, Delfi, Moharrami, Majid jumping on first euro offers, finding new ones in even smaller more remote clubs to continue their development in EU when initial move doesnt go perfectly.

Players like Alipour, Beiro, Niazmand, Karimi dropping great financial + living situations in Iran/Qatar where they were main stars to pursue smaller euro teams. (Hopefully we can add Ghayedi and Mohebbi to this list shortly).

I hope this continues to become the dominant preference for iranian players, and not being so scared of taking what is in hindsight a small risk if their talent is as much as PAGs.
      Bale, be nazaram besyaar khoob gofti. Vaghean heyfe ke masdoom shodeh chon behtarin defaae markazimon ast.

Amma PAG az hamoon avvalesh donbaale pool bood va hich chiz joz pool.

Man pas az in asibdidegie bad fekr mikonam dige hich vaght dar TM baazi nakhahad kard.

Damesh garm ke hamishe vaghti pirahane TM raa be tan daashte ba gheirat baazi karde.

Omidvaram kesaane digari betonan jayaash raa por konand, kaare sakhti khahad bood.
      DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

A terrible injury.
        Let's hope he recovers quickly and fully.

Comment

He was often injuried during his career from what I have seen, so in this case I don't think he would have last long in Europe anyways. At least he cashed out from qatar and china.

Comment

I listened to that interview and came away with the opposite take. I understood him to say that you can get hurt any day, anywhere.... So going to a second tier league in Europe on very low salary is a big risk in that you can get seriously hurt and have no career and no savings. He went to China, not because he thought he would not get hurt, but because it was a lucrative salary, long term contract and if he gets hurt, at least he still has his lucrative salary for many years...
            Basically, his point was that going to a second tier European league is risky because if you succeed and make it to a first tier league, it is very good, but if you don't or you get hurt, then you got nothing to show for it and you gave up much financially. More upside and more downside in Europe. Going to China/Gulf countries, you are guaranteed good financial outcome but you'll never be a superstar. No huge upside but no disastrous outcomes...
            For us TM fans, we want to make superstars like Taremi, Azmoun... Financial well being of the players does not come to our consideration. But I can also see it from PAG's perspective.

Comment

I refuse to believe he is short on money after the 4 big money teams he's played for. I think he just prefers money over club success.

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                I refuse to believe he is short on money after the 4 big money teams he's played for. I think he just prefers money over club success.
                I agree but it is a personal choice. You get used to living a certain life style and after your soccer career is over, you got another 50 years to live... get married, have kids, support your family, etc, etc... He is certainly not short on money, but everyone draws the line at a different place on what they need and how they want to live... He has drawn the line probably at a more comfortable life style!!!

I, for sure agree that he has taken one of the most conservative routes with his career.

Comment

Sad to hear. I hope he focuses on finding the proper surgeon for his surgery, and gets sufficient support from the training staff for his recovery. This is a huge injury that will require a ton of rehab to get back to full function IF the surgeon does the repair correctly.

In another note, who the hell writes these articles?

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/463...for-six-months

Foot injury? It's a leg injury. In addition, no way in hell he will be back in six months. 8 months minimum I would say.

Comment

He was so promising and still is our best D.
                    Sadly he made lots of stupid choices for few thousand more. Even staying at Sadd would have been better than Arabi and the chinese club.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Horrible injury following his terrible club choices. Hoping for a quick recovery for him, he is a good CB with lots of potential (which he hasn’t reached yet). I hope he finally chooses a club that’ll help him progress his skills, rather than his bank account soon.
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Isn't this his 2nd major injury now in China?
                        I remember he had a bad head injury the first time there..

He would have benefitted staying in Qatar honestly.

Comment

Morteza flew with Alireza Beiranvand to Iran (on his IG story). Is he still injured? He may just be going to Iran to visit family but interesting they flew together from (I am assuming) Portugal
                          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                            Morteza flew with Alireza Beiranvand to Iran (on his IG story). Is he still injured? He may just be going to Iran to visit family but interesting they flew together from (I am assuming) Portugal
                            possible he got a call up from skocic?

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                              possible he got a call up from skocic?
                              he is not ready anyways for the next t games

Comment

مرتضی پیشنهاد ژاوی رو رد کرد😁
                                پیشنهاد جالب ژاوی به مرتضی پور علی گنجی برای رفتن به سر تمرین بارسلونا که به دلیل اینکه لژیونر فوتبال ایران هوادار سرسخت رئال مادرید است تلویحا این پیشنهاد را رد کرده و به ژاوی اعلام کرده هر زمان خودت سرمربی شدی می آیم و به شما سر میزنم

مرتضی پور علی گنجی:
                                با ژاوی به ملاقات بازیکنان بارسلونا رفتم و از آنجایی که یک رئالی سرسخت هستم هیچ کدام از عکس هایم را با بازیکنان بارسلونا منتشر نکردم

lol
                                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X