Arwin Jawad signs at Roda JC - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arwin Jawad signs at Roda JC

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks

Meet your Persian Love Today
    He's Iranian for the love of anything holy, why are you all so focused on how he spells his name or if he has roots here or there.
    He's been to youth TM camps. Enough of this garbage.

Hope he breaks through the team in the next 2 years.
    Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
    محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
    - Mohammad Mokhtari

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamer For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,479 Times in 2,136 Posts
    Guys, in some european countries and languages, the letter w is actually a w. For example, a lot of German-Iranians I know are named Nawid instead of Navid. Same pronounciation and everything.

This guys name is probably pronounced Arvin Javad, which is a very Iranian name

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Iranianarsenal11 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Back to football. I will try to follow his games a bit, it seems that Roda JC is a step down in comparison to NEC. NEC is known for their youth system in the Netherlands and have had young players having nice transfers (Musaba to AS Monaco for example). My little brother played both youth teams and every year the NEC teams were always stronger. Probably he has a bigger chance of getting first team minutes at Roda.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ParsaV View Post
    Back to football. I will try to follow his games a bit, it seems that Roda JC is a step down in comparison to NEC. NEC is known for their youth system in the Netherlands and have had young players having nice transfers (Musaba to AS Monaco for example). My little brother played both youth teams and every year the NEC teams were always stronger. Probably he has a bigger chance of getting first team minutes at Roda.
    Actually Roda JC is building a really good team and they have a much higher chance to promote to the Eredivisie than NEC.

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,117 Times in 1,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    He's Iranian for the love of anything holy, why are you all so focused on how he spells his name or if he has roots here or there.
    He's been to youth TM camps. Enough of this garbage.

Hope he breaks through the team in the next 2 years.
    I was just confused abut his name, as every "Jawad" I met was Pakistani/Afghan, and every "Arwin", "Sherwin" I met was Kurd.

We previously had threads opened for players whose name sounded Iranian, but turned out not to be Iranian, so I just asked for a clarification.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 552 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    I was just confused abut his name, as every "Jawad" I met was Pakistani/Afghan, and every "Arwin", "Sherwin" I met was Kurd.

We previously had threads opened for players whose name sounded Iranian, but turned out not to be Iranian, so I just asked for a clarification.
    Isn't he born in Holland, W is pronounced V?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scuderia For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuderia View Post
    Isn't he born in Holland, W is pronounced V?
    Not related to this this thread at all, but yes in Dutch w sound like v, and v sounds like f (f also sounds like f).

Thanks
    his full name is actually Arwin Javad Kalmarzy Sabet.
    I've meet him recently and watched some of his matches, he is fully Iranian. (his doesn't speak farsi, but he is really proud to be Iranian and his biggest dream is to play for team melli)
    he is tall,strong, good shot, good technique, a bit comparable with Zlatan.

His brother is his agent and works together with zabih etemadi (Agil etemadi's brother who have also played professional football)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reza_Abdolahi For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread : 100

You do not have permission to view the list of names.