[POLL] Which country contributed the most to Iran football - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which country contributed the most to our football?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Portugal

12 21.43%
  • England

2 3.57%
  • Belgium

1 1.79%
  • Germany

14 25.00%
  • Croatia

23 41.07%
  • Greece

1 1.79%
  • Turkey

0 0%
  • Russia

0 0%
  • Brazil

0 0%
  • Else

3 5.36%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [POLL] Which country contributed the most to Iran football

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,602 Times in 4,284 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Croatia for sure BUT, if the trend with Portugal continues they will overtake Croatia IMO.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,433 Times in 5,796 Posts
    how about Guam..?
    they were instrumental in TM and Daie's respective notorieties as the victory by largest margin and lending a massive helping hand to daie for topping the international scoring charts for decades now..!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Doust View Post
    I dont know about pre revolution but post revolution I would say Saudi Arabia. Since without that country Islam wouldnt even exist and the I.R would not either.
    Iranians are the best to find a way to make everything political

Ando 14

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Armin98 For This Useful Post:

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Doust View Post
    I dont know about pre revolution but post revolution I would say Saudi Arabia. Since without that country Islam wouldnt even exist and the I.R would not either.
    What are you saying here? I’m pretty sure we’d be better off if that country never existed and was wiped off the face of the earth completely lol

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    1) german football has opened the door for us internationally

2) the 8 years under Carlos Queiroz were worth more than 30 years under any other coaches,
    whether Iranian or non-Iranian coaches

3) some Croatian coaches were good, but it is important to mention that Croats
    were best at getting along with the Iranian mafia football world and therefore felt comfortable

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    No one did Iran any favors. There may have been good hearted gestures and honest business dealings, sure, but Iran and her players and fans have had to claw, sweat and bleed for everything. Alireza did that on the streets of Tehran, Taremi on the fields of Bushehr, and so on and so on. Don't give away our hard work to someone else's charity. IRAN and her people are the greatest contributor to the successes of Iranian football today! 🇮🇷🇮🇷🇮🇷

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 Times in 582 Posts
    1. Croatia
    2. Germany
    3. Portugal
    4. Qatar
    5. Armenia (thanks to the parents of Teymourian and Eskandarian)

Super Moderator
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,087 Times in 4,738 Posts
    1. England
    (Without them football would have not originated in Southern parts of Iran about 100 years ago)

2. Croatia and ex Yugoslavia
    (Vast majority of most influential foreign coaches were from this region, most notably Rajkoff end 60ies at Taaj and TM)

3. Germany
    (The country that opened the door to high level legionnaires destination to Iranian players with first signing of Bagheri, Daei at Arminia Bielefeld, followed by Azizi in 1.FC Koeln in 1997).

4. Portugal
    (Thanks to the Solo impact of one great coach, who survived Iran for 11 years and turned our for ever weakest point (Defense) into our strongest point).

5. Russia
    (A good standard league, where our players get a chance to actually play a good physical game).
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adesor Vafaseya For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABalls View Post
    No one did Iran any favors. There may have been good hearted gestures and honest business dealings, sure, but Iran and her players and fans have had to claw, sweat and bleed for everything. Alireza did that on the streets of Tehran, Taremi on the fields of Bushehr, and so on and so on. Don't give away our hard work to someone else's charity. IRAN and her people are the greatest contributor to the successes of Iranian football today! 🇮🇷🇮🇷🇮🇷
    ummmmmmmm

PFDC Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,360 Times in 2,450 Posts
    This poll/question needs to be more nuanced. I think many are confusing individual Iranian success in various foreign leagues, as well as individual foreigners' contributions to our football, with a systematic/concerted international relationship between Iran and another nation. I don't think any one nation that I know of systematically exchanges/develops/trains Iranian players/coaches/staff. Thus, it's a moot point. We can debate about individual contributions from Portuguese nationals and league (my vote) vs. others (Croatia, Germany, Russia, etc.), but until there is a true, long-lasting football development agreement between Iran and another nation, the credit goes to the individual tenacity of Iranian players who succeed outside of Iran, and international coaches who fall in love with Iran.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 121

You do not have permission to view the list of names.