This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    I'm old enough that I remember this about ARJwhen he first started at BHA. I hope history does NOT repeat itself here.
    Everyone does, it was only two years ago...

Comment

Taremi's situation may be tougher than it appears. Evanilson is hated here but he is a good Brazilian prospect who was watched by Liverpool. Keep in mind that Porto is known for buying young talents from South America and then selling...

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
        Good thing I had to run off to work & didn’t watch this bs waiting in vain ..!
        Sometimes another problem with making yourself cheap to attain is that you are a lot more likely to get treated like dirt when it comes to minutes afforded ..!
        Can u imagine how ARJ woulda been treated if he wasn’t a high price transfer on hefty salary ..!??
        Nokhodi is right on this bs situation..!
        Maybe although it will be tougher for Mehdi to now crack a UCL winning line up. Reality is he has to make the most of the minutes he gets. Nothing is handed to you and last year is for the history books. I doubt we will see much of him in UCL. He is likey to be an option in league games and needs to impress there first.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
          Two things that are worrying:
          1. It seems like SC wasn't really involved in Taremi's signing, perhaps indicating he is not going to be a key player.
          2. Of course, 1. clashes with Taremi promising more goals than last season. I hope he is mentally ready for being benched here and there. He can't expect to be their star player.
          This is what I wrote early September. Not sure why people have such exaggerated expectations. Just chill and watch him become a key player. It takes time. This is not PES.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
            Maybe although it will be tougher for Mehdi to now crack a UCL winning line up. Reality is he has to make the most of the minutes he gets. Nothing is handed to you and last year is for the history books. I doubt we will see much of him in UCL. He is likey to be an option in league games and needs to impress there first.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
            Well there in lies the biggest problem for Mehdi ..!
            He’s in Twilight of his career already and he’s already proven to be a force to be reckon with in league NOS for any team & he certainly didn’t forego a ton of cash & hefty probable EU league starting & playing minutes for minutes in league ..! He did it Primarily all for CL glory & minutes ..!
            Porto got a hell of a deal with him opting to come to them & he certainly hasn’t been afforded a fair chance in CL play yet ..! Yesterday’s game was a perfect opportunity for him to finally be granted that Start that he sacrificed $o much for & which he was cruelly denied ..!
            Fk their bs overrated league games ..! This only shows how important it is to have the trust & desires of the head coach before making a move to another club..! It seems now that he was just a cheap squad depth aquiree For Porto who wasn’t particularly desired by their coach & one which more importantly only served to weaken their league opposition than to strengthen their own squad ..!
            Now they got him on a long asss (4years..!?) contract too & he probably doesn’t even have a properly negotiated Out clause too..!? So he could GTFO dodge if his current situation was to be continued..!
            Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose & the lure for CL football was way too strong for him & us fans .!! But now I so wish that he had instead followed his Brilliant Rio Ave coach to Braga instead & woulda likely played a vital, star role for them in Europa & the league again...!

Comment

On the bright side, with such a low salary he is a perfect candidate for a loan.

Comment

I'd rather he showed the self confidence and belief to go Porto and think he can prove himself sufficiently to eventually be given a chance at CL than have him as a regular for Braga or any other inferior side. At his age, this was pretty much the last chance to play for a club at this level and I doubt he'll regret it, whatever the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                  On the bright side, with such a low salary he is a perfect candidate for a loan.
                  well its not so low, a team like rio ave cant afford his salary, so it only leaves the options he had before going with porto

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                    well its not so low, a team like rio ave cant afford his salary, so it only leaves the options he had before going with porto
                    you really want him to go back to rio ave???? Jeez. Have some faith. Taremi is above that level and this was his only chance at a truly big club. he HAD to take it. If it really doesnt work out after a season im sure carvahal will want him again at braga. But its too early to throw in the towel and say he should have done blah blah or blah.

At his age when you have porto offer you dont think twice. He got to where he is by betting on himself. If he approached with this mentality he would failed long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      you really want him to go back to rio ave???? Jeez. Have some faith. Taremi is above that level and this was his only chance at a truly big club. he HAD to take it. If it really doesnt work out after a season im sure carvahal will want him again at braga. But its too early to throw in the towel and say he should have done blah blah or blah.

At his age when you have porto offer you dont think twice. He got to where he is by betting on himself. If he approached with this mentality he would failed long ago.
                      yes i agree with you. He had to give it a chance for 1 season! He needs to be patince for this season! In the summer even porto will transfer him to braga or rio ave if he gets to sit out his entire season and also Mehdi is unlikely to want this for 2-3 seasons

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                        yes i agree with you. He had to give it a chance for 1 season! He needs to be patince for this season! In the summer even porto will transfer him to braga or rio ave if he gets to sit out his entire season and also Mehdi is unlikely to want this for 2-3 seasons
                        agreed. But its only been 2-3 weeks of consistent training with team. Everybody in portugal knows his quality, when marega came to team he was not a key player either. None of the new signings except LB are getting many mins right now, coach didnt have any pre season with friendlies to test out new players, get them integrated fully.

Lets see where he stands in 2-3 months. Again, I am concerned to, not so much by benching in CL but by not starting league game in between. That was bizarre to me. Thankfully toni martinez showed he sucks and I doubt he plays ahead of taremi again.

Comment

You guys have to remember in second rate Euro leagues its not uncommon for the dominant teams to buy players with potential just to keep them out of rival hands. This gives them good backup players while denying opposition talent and all for relatively discounted prices. The reality is Conceicao may not intend on using Taremi as a starter or regular until his hand is forced through injury or suspension. Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I don't think he would have been treated better in Benfica. Rumors stopped suddenly when their new coach arrived.
                            I think Porto was the best move out of the possibility. It will frustrating if his porto's spell will be called a failure because the coach didn't play him at all (the same method Potter does with JB) but he could easily transfer to Braga or an other decent team

Comment

Not gonna lie, Marega hasn’t been anything special compared to Taremi. I get Mehdi needs more time but I just felt I needed to add that. Marega isn’t THAT good. And I know Mehdi doesn’t come on to replace Marega, but I think he should and he should get more minutes seeing how Marega has been doing.

Right now he’s getting 10-11 minutes a game IF he plays. I think giving Mehdi 25-30 minutes would only help Marega push himself more. Because I’m not seeing much from Marega. He’s not horrible but he’s not better than Taremi that’s for sure, I’m sorry.

Comment

He should be given a chance over 90min...anything else is not considered a chance...I have hopes for the Friday game...Porto needs to rotate a bit there given CL load

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X