This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/_mercadoazul_/st...45596635926528
    benfica offered him 2x salary the day before he signed. So did sporting. Clearly he feels porto have chased him the most and provided him with most confidence+best package (mins, CL, etc) Good for him to not be wooed by better financial deals by inferior teams/situations.

*not like ridiculous ARJ case where he was offered better money by superior team in superior situation and rejected for shittier team and less money and now no mins lol

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      https://twitter.com/_mercadoazul_/st...45596635926528
      benfica offered him 2x salary the day before he signed. So did sporting. Clearly he feels porto have chased him the most and provided him with most confidence+best package (mins, CL, etc) Good for him to not be wooed by better financial deals by inferior teams/situations.

*not like ridiculous ARJ case where he was offered better money by superior team in superior situation and rejected for shittier team and less money and now no mins lol
      I remember him not only turning down Leceister, but also Real Sociedad who are in Europa League and very promising now...

Comment

I can’t wait for the jersey to come out I get it the official numbers are not out yet

Comment

Iranian forward signed for FC Porto until 2024

Mehdi Taremi reinforces the national champion. 28 years old - celebrated last July -, the Iranian forward signed for FC Porto for four seasons, until 2024. After a season when he scored 21 goals and did five assistances for Rio Ave, the forward - one of the stars of the Iranian national team, with 45 caps and 21 goals scored - arrives at Porto to reinforce the team led by Sérgio Conceição. After Zaidu, Cláudio Ramos and Carraça, Taremi is the fourth newcomer for the 2020/21 team of the Dragons. Already dressed in blue and white, with Estádio do Dragão behind him, the newest forward stated: “This is a dream come true”. Being the first Iranian player ever at FC Porto, a club in Portugal, one of the greatest in the World, makes me happy”, the striker stated.

European dream in world class team
          “I always dreamed of playing in the Champions League, for great clubs. I am happy with this move. Being the first Iranian player ever at FC Porto, a club in Portugal, one of the greatest in the World, makes me happy.”

A fan of the support of the fans
          “I’ve played in clubs with 30 million fans. This is normal for me and I enjoy it. FC Porto also has a lot of fans and the players do everything for them.”

Following the Dragons since 2004
          “I watched the last Champions League final FC Porto played, against Monaco, which they won 3-0. Before that, they faced Deportivo de La Coruña, and I also remember that match. We had a great team, with Vítor Baía, Deco, Ricardo Carvalho...”

Appetite for goals will continue
          “I will score more goals than last season. I will aim for that. It’s vital for me and for FC Porto, I want to become champion here.”

Happiness and excitement for wearing the blue and white
          “I was thrilled to sign for FC Porto, as this is a great club, and the transfer made me happy. It has been great for me. This is a dream come true. Everyone knows FC Porto, both players and fans of the sport. FC Porto is one of the greatest clubs in the world.”

Sérgio Conceição
          “I only know him from TV. I haven’t met him in person yet, but I like his style. He is always focused on work and I enjoy that kind of player.”

Dragons Together made the Porto Nation happy
          “FC Porto was a true team. They never stopped and I think that’s why they became champions. Also because of the coach, the support of the fans and the entire structure. They always remained united. I saw them continued to do that circle after the matches, roaring together, they are a true team. That’s instrumental.”

https://www.fcporto.pt/en/news/20200...or-the-dragons

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            Sérgio Conceição
            “I only know him from TV. I haven’t met him in person yet, but I like his style. He is always focused on work and I enjoy that kind of player.”
            WOW! That’s already a positive impression/praise from the manager! This surely hints he will be an integral part of the Porto squad for the upcoming season. I think SC also praised Taremi before his official signing when they were being linked to him as well. Respect.

Comment

Does Porto have any friendlies schedules before their first league match on the 20th?

Comment

O Jogo: FCPorto see a burst of interest in Taremi kits from the worldwide Persian community.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PsoccerCO...85028424368128

Nice work PFDC!!!

Comment

Comment

'I want to score more than 20 goals this season'

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                        Does Porto have any friendlies schedules before their first league match on the 20th?
                        Not that I could find on LiveScore. First league game is against Carvahal’s Braga at Dragao stadium on Sept 20 8am pst! Former coach...new team...mouth watering!

Comment

Two things that are worrying:
                          1. It seems like SC wasn't really involved in Taremi's signing, perhaps indicating he is not going to be a key player.
                          2. Of course, 1. clashes with Taremi promising more goals than last season. I hope he is mentally ready for being benched here and there. He can't expect to be their star player.

Comment

There are soooo many “Mehdi Taremi - welcome to Porto videos on YouTube” [emoji16][emoji1][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1305]

https://youtu.be/Rl0lQkY_nOo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Today is their first pre-season match.

Porto vs Academica

https://twitter.com/PsoccerCOM/statu...099109376?s=19

Comment

brief translation of the Portugese papers would be much appreciated.
                                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Working...
                                X