Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What an amazing player Taremi is, just shows that if given the opportunity, talented Iranian players can go far.

Talentwise we have always been one of the best in Asia, let's hope Taremi and Azmoun will leave their mark and more young talented Iranian footballers follow in their footsteps.

Comment

Great guy with a lot of haters. Yet to many on this forum it was clear 4-5 years ago that he had an incredible potential. He’s a coach’s dream.

Humble kid who worked hard.

Comment

the irony is that he missed the shot against portugal in the wc and all these crazy instagram troll fans in iran were making fun of him and raiding ronaldo’s instagram, yet now all those same trolls are following porto on ig and filling their comments with love [emoji88]. only iranians can do such a thing

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          Great guy with a lot of haters. Yet to many on this forum it was clear 4-5 years ago that he had an incredible potential. He’s a coach’s dream.

Humble kid who worked hard.
          I'm one of them... well to a lesser extent now. :P

Hope he proves my gut feeling wrong that his performances last season was a fluke and shuts me up for good.

Comment

so what is the reality of situation for him next season, as far as starting, minutes played, supporting cast, goal scoring potential, his coach's favored formation and his likely role in it ? is Porto still looking to strengthen their frontline..?

Comment

Porto will be a Pot 1 team for CL:

Potential Pot 2 teams: Barcelona, Atlético Madrid, Manchester City, Manchester United, Shakhtar Donetsk, Borussia Dortmund, Chelsea, and lastly Ajax depending on other draws.

Potential Pot 3 teams: Leipzig, Inter, Lazio, Atalanta, Moscow, Marseille, Gladbach, tbd

Pot 4: Rennes, Bakasheir, rest is tbd

Comment

Was there any reason who wore 99 at Rio Ave?

Comment

https://twitter.com/FCPorto/status/1300820187340566534

Portos official taremi promo vid.

Dont think ive ever seen such a sick unveiling for an iranian player. When iranian flag was overlayed with the Dragao

This is the meaning of "eftekhar" and flying iranian flag high and in a positive light abroad.

When non-iranian friends of mine become aware of iran because of guys like Azmoun performing in CL and Taremi becoming top scorer in portugal, instead of usual made up political agendas, that to me is one of the most satisfying feelings. I hope they absolutely kill the CL this term.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    https://twitter.com/FCPorto/status/1300820187340566534

Portos official taremi promo vid.

Dont think ive ever seen such a sick unveiling for an iranian player. When iranian flag was overlayed with the Dragao
                    Also notice mehdi and not taremi on his shirt

Comment

when are the numbers out?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                        Agha, we are all anticipating (and demanding) your tactical analysis to tell us how Taremi would fit in into Sérgio Conceição's 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 line-up!
                        Ill be honest with you and say I havent watched many porto matches in the last couple years. Maybe just the two in CL quali vs krasnodar and the matches vs rio ave. But I do have some decent knowledge about squad which is quite an interesting one for portuguese standards. Of course they have a super strong academy setup producing top level talents like RB esteves, CM Romario Baro, CB diogo leite, CF 18 yr old Fabio Silva.

But these guys are meshed now with a group of seriously big time players who have been performing for years at high level but for various reasons didnt get big transfer even as they are in their primes. Danilo Pereira (CDM), Matheus Uribe (hardworking Colombian CM and one of CQs new favorites) form a super strong defensive axis. Otavio is an excellent CAM from brazil and at age 25 is now developed well and hitting peak. He will be a major source of assists for taremi. Tecatito corona the Mexican RB should have had a big move before now but it seems like he will stay, another who is hitting prime. Same with LB alex telles who is statistically the best performing LB in europe offensively with 13 goals and 12 assists. GK marchesin is number 1 for argentina now.

Its rare for portuguese teams to have a core of players stay in tact for this long and hopefully porto can build on that. For this reason I think they can do very well in CL.

with regards to taremi's competition, now we will see a volume of CFs sharply decrease. Underperforming guys like Ze luis, Aboubakar, and even decent performers like Francisco Soares will be sold for sure. Marega may or may not leave depending on which of interested PL sides make good enough offer. I think Taremi's chances of starting immediately are very high, even in 1 CF system, but in a duo with marega he would be a lock.

If marega leaves a much more technical fast striker who could also be interesting pair with taremi is slated to come in, toni martinez who also had great season for newly promoted team familicao this year.

Most interesting thing to see is taremi's evolution in a possession dominant, super creative side. He has literally never played for such a team in his career and like sardar in zenit (but even more so bc porto have a lot more midfield talent than the russians) we will probably see his game elevate to new level. This was best possible transfer for him and its so great it worked out.

Comment

btw potuguese press corroborated iranian reports saying his salary will be over 1 mil/yr. 4.5 mil + one experienced CM to rio Ave for 60%. The other 40% was settled with fee to taremi/signing bonus,,etc

Comment

I can’t get over how excited I am to see our boy go to the top of Portugal that quickly. This’ll be an intense season for him, I’m sure he’ll do well again and show why he was signed. You could always tell when he was in Persepolis that he was significantly better than the rest of his teammates. I’m so glad he did throw his talent away to go to Qatar or any of these shit leagues. Make us proud Mehdi!!!
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Any chance of Porto and Zenit being in the same group?
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                                Any chance of Porto and Zenit being in the same group?
                                nope.

Comment

Working...
                                X