This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
    The report you posted is very professional and positive journalism.
    Look at how Goal.com wrote their article.
    https://www.goal.com/en/news/ronaldo...m1bk7h53aqbqxw
    ”Then, after Medhi Taremi had been stupidly sent off for booting the ball away while already on a booking..”.
    The unprofessionalism... Calling Taremi stupid while spelling his name wrong.
    It seems that the "stupid action" was referring to the sent off of Taremi by the ref. Booting the ball, as unprofessional as it was, was not called stupid in the statement that seems to have offended you.

Comment

SC's statements after the win

Game: "I have a group of brave players, who interpreted what we had for the game in the best way, before a great team of the highest level. We had to be prepared to suffer, but also to create difficulties for Juventus. We were a real team, the players are to be congratulated. We did a fantastic job and it is not easy. After Taremi's expulsion, we went to look for FC Porto's DNA. A determination in the game ... which is not easy. We were losing 2- 1, but we never stopped believing. This is FC Porto's true DNA.

Strategy to play with one less: "No. We never prepared the team to be reduced. Especially because in this period we have been more slaughtered with these expulsions and, mainly, in two games in Portugal cost us positive results. Today they had an intelligence. Sometimes, in addition to the spirit of sacrifice, we also want that intelligence to understand what the opponent is doing. We had to be careful about that. It is normal to suffer against such a team, but it should be noted that in addition to that we created opportunities to score goals. . "

Extension phase: "I said that it was necessary, in addition to the organization, to get a little more from each one. Its essence is the passion they have for the game and they are also playing the round of 16 of a Champions League. I know that in Portugal there was very little publicity about the fact that we were in the last 16 of the Champions League and playing against a team like Juventus, taking a look at the newspapers today, if I wasn't paying close attention to the small letters, I didn't know that FC Porto played today in Turin with Juventus. But that's it. It is from these situations that we also find this strength. In the north, at FC Porto and, in the end, it makes all Portuguese proud."

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13438636.html

Comment

The trip home on a high

Comment

Massive congrats to Porto, Taremi, Portugal and every Iranian out there. Great European game once again by Porto and I'm not going to lie but it genuinely felt like watching Carlos Queiroz's Team Melli once again (probably because of the resilience and determination).

I just wanted to say I'm quite disappointed at the mentally of some of our members (who could possibly have posted things out of emotions). I don't get why people always have to link negative and bad behaviour or inexperienced behaviour to being an Iranian. To say that Mehdi got 2 yellow cards within 2 minutes was because of his inexperienced Iranian mentality is just degrading not him but your own culture, history and origin. If people can not link what happened to a heat of the moment situation which happens a lot with many many professional footballers out there under a very stressful and full of pressure environment, then I encourage individuals to just go an play a competitive game of football yourself and see how at least one person within that game will do something in the heat of the moment. It's a natural reaction and like I said, it happens a lot in football. You have no idea the amount of pressure Mehdi was under prior to the game and during the game and to just turn on him and his Iranian origin or his footballing pathway is extremely upsetting and unjust.

I'm so pleased that his teammates were able to pull up for him and get the result at the end. Because both of his cards, despite them being legitimate, were very harsh. The first challenge was a late nudge, nothing more or sinister and it was only his second foul if I remember correctly. The second yellow, he was already in the air getting the ball, rush of blood to the head as he'd just been carded and it felt to the Porto players that calls by the ref were going all against them at that time, so as soon as he heard the whistle, he reacted which like someone mentioned, wouldn't have delayed the game much anyway. A player like Ronaldo would not have got a yellow for either of the events and what makes it worse is that the referee seemed as though he wasn't going to even give a card for kicking the ball away until the juve players lead by Ronaldo started protesting and surrounding the referee. As much as I've always been a Ronaldo fan, he has that sneakiness in his game where he pressures and gets his teammates to pressure the officials into making decisions against the other team.

Regarding the red card, I would be shocked if it was overturned, as by the letter of the law, the referee had every right to produce two yellows resulting in the red (despite both being very harsh). There's no case for it and Porto just need to push forward.

Big challenge ahead for Porto now in the next round, whoever they face as they will be without Oliveira and Taremi in the 1st leg.

The red now means Mehdi is guaranteed a rest in the coming weeks and that should hopefully allow him to focus more on the league games that they desperately also want to win and get closer to Sporting.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, just wanted to give my two cents before bed.

Great birthday present from Porto and congrats to you all once again for the win!

Comment

Taremi was robbed... Kicking a ball as the whistle is being blown deserves a red? GTFO

Comment

So, Taremi will miss next game and the following game in UCL?

Comment

FCPorto earn 10.5 million advancing to UCL QF and total 78 million in current UCL campaign. Not too shabby for a club outside of the the top 5 leagues.

Comment

holly cow
                  i left to my game at min 80
                  looks like missed a tense finish....!!
                  so glad for Mehdi getting a bit of redemption .... i dont know if he woulda ever heard the end of his silly mistake had porto lost this match..??
                  Shireh Taremi ..... i think porto has a decent shot of reversing that red card..?? he kicked the ball very shortly after the whistle and in a way he was nearly in shooting mode when ref blew it ..!! ?
                  was that a frustration kick or did he see keeper off his line or something..?

btw
                  extended highlights

Last edited by BacheLot; 03-09-2021, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                    holly cow
                    i left to my game at min 80
                    looks like missed a tense finish....!!
                    so glad for Mehdi getting a bit of redemption .... i dont know if he woulda ever heard the end of his silly mistake had porto lost this match..??
                    Shireh Taremi ..... i think porto has a decent shot of reversing that red card..?? he kicked the ball very shortly after the whistle and in a way he was nearly in shooting mode when ref blew it ..!! ?
                    was that a frustration kick or did he see keeper off his line or something..?
                    Hard to say what he was thinking or his intentions, but the whistle and kick were very close temporally. Mehdi also indicated to the ref that he didn't hear the whistle before striking the ball. Those are both legitimate arguments that can be made irrespective of his intent/emotions/etc.

Comment

Did anyone else notice the CBS Sports commentator (US broadcast) at the beginning of the game today, saying that Porto "had nothing else to play for" and "will be giving it their all" (alluding to the fact that they were out of the Cup matches and winning Liga Nos was out of reach)? In the same breath, he said that Juve were still fighting to the Serie A championship. As if Juve trying their hardest to progress to the final 8 in UCL was merely a side gig to the main dish of Serie A championship? What was this gentleman smoking at the pre-match party?

Comment

One word to describe this Porto team:

GHEYRAT

That is all.

I have never felt like watching a team meli game until watching this porto team in the CL.

The passion, drive, and team spirit is incredible and the reason that a massively inferior team on paper was outclassing juve pre red card and managed to pull through to advance in spite of one
                        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by LocalSkeptic View Post
                          So, Taremi will miss next game and the following game in UCL?
                          Only the very next CL game. He won't be suspended for the league.

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          FCPorto earn 10.5 million advancing to UCL QF and total 78 million in current UCL campaign. Not too shabby for a club outside of the the top 5 leagues.
                          That is huge, especially considering the latest reports that Porto is in debt.

Comment

Porto’s odds of winning the UCL went from 150 at the beginning of the UCL, to 34 after today.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                              Taremi was robbed... Kicking a ball as the whistle is being blown deserves a red? GTFO
                              He actually got a yellow which happened to be his second yellow hence expulsion [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                Hard to say what he was thinking or his intentions, but the whistle and kick were very close temporally. Mehdi also indicated to the ref that he didn't hear the whistle before striking the ball. Those are both legitimate arguments that can be made irrespective of his intent/emotions/etc.
                                But let’s be honest to ourselves here. I am not trying to negative Nancy here, but the question that comes to mind is if he really did not hear the whistle, then what kind of an aimless long shot was that? It totally looked like a blind shot to me. I truly hope I am wrong though. Watch the highlights or at least fast forward to 5:45
                                https://youtube.com/watch?v=14EYzyOrlMM&feature=share">https://youtube.com/watch?v=14EYzyOrlMM&feature=share" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X