Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mehdi was pissed. He signaled that he should have passed it in the middle. Mehdi was all set up for the goal.

Comment

For all swedes out there, SPORTKANALEN is showing the game

Comment

Marega with a slick back pass to Mehdi in the box. Mehdi was not in the right orientation for the shot and passed it out to Sergio who should have taken the shot, but he passed it too strong into the box.

Comment

Mehdi with a nice 1-2 with Marega, and rips a shot with his left, that gets deflected to a corner.

The resulting corner, Mehdi gets a nice header that is saved by the GK.

Comment

Taremi looks hungry for a goal.. let's do this!

Comment

refs having a shocker again

Comment

Mehdi's holdup and linkup play is so strong, sometimes, he's the only one on Porto that can make a positive pass.

Comment

HT.

Porto looking strong and in control. Mehdi very confident with his usual excellent positioning on attacks. If they keep this up, will certainly score in second half.

Sporting is good, but easily broken up on their attacks by the strong Porto defense. If it weren't for the unfortunate/unlucky ref calls in the past 5 games, Porto would likely be the the table leader already.

Comment

Im not sure why AR keeps raising flag for super close offside calls? The norm in those situations since intro of VAR has always been to keep the flag down if close and VAR will check. He ruined the Taremi pk situation with wrongly raised flag and also dangerous situation at end with corona getting in behind both in that way.

Besides that super tight, high intensity half. Mehdi excellent and looked most likely to score. Deflected shot nearly went in and also got a decent header on target. Great linkup play and movement off the ball threatening with super good runs in behind, a couple picked out by sergio (like the PK scene).

Also strong work by him in the press. Porto edging it on the whole but sporting counters are super dangerous and zaidu did very well to bail them out on 1 occasion. He needs to keep concentration for full 90.

I think porto will just win it...1-0 with meti goal

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                      Mehdi's holdup and linkup play is so strong, sometimes, he's the only one on Porto that can make a positive pass.
                      These were my thoughts too, when Porto flow it is usually down to Mehdi coming deep to hold the ball, dictate the play and lay it off.

Hopefully at half time he has a word with Manafa and Corona to sort out their distribution.

Comment

He always manages to chest the long balls hoofed up at him and somehow always gets the ball down to his feet and expertly passes it to a teammate. That is such a valuable asset for a striker; I think this is what makes him so damn good...he plays so well with his back against the goal that when he's taken out, the other team have no need to sit so deep and can just push to the opposing half.

Comment

Tecatito is very skilled and fast, love his deliveries from the right. His new hair cut also suits him (better than his samurai cut previously).

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              Tecatito is very skilled and fast, love his deliveries from the right. His new hair cut also suits him (better than his samurai cut previously).
                              I actually thought he had a weak half. His final ball/decision was really lacking. In general since i started watching porto regularly he is one I thought would be much better than he actually is. Not a bad winger but nothing outrageous either, at least this season

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                I actually thought he had a weak half. His final ball/decision was really lacking. In general since i started watching porto regularly he is one I thought would be much better than he actually is. Not a bad winger but nothing outrageous either, at least this season
                                I missed his last ball, but his hustle to get the ball into the middle and Marega was excellent (it was called offside). He's done that on several prior matches as well. His speed is his advantage. May need to continue to work on his decision making, but overall does well on the right flank.

Comment

Working...
                                X