Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As great as the penalty play was itself, Mehdi also had a great run leading up to the foul. He basically made a goal out of nothing:

https://twitter.com/Sangookian1/stat...019488258?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      FC Porto's new Twitter header photo (1.2 million followers of this account!)

now we know name and number time to order the jersey!

Comment

Mehdi is a super magnet for PK's. Here's another video:

https://twitter.com/PersianFutbol/st...40859919589377

Comment

oh my god. I missed it I fell asleep before he was subbed in. Our Mehadi is superb. He is a role model for all our players. My god he is great.
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic
          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Comment

Caption the conversation between Marega and Mehdi =)

Comment

Luckily the Portuguese refs haven’t caught on yet to Mehdi’s hidden talent 😂
                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

the amazing thing is he really isnt diving. He initiates the contact expertly and has perfected the timing of the fall.

Although I must say on this pk the guy was a really an idiot for fouling him as he has two other defenders with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                    Luckily the Portuguese refs haven’t caught on yet to Mehdi’s hidden talent 😂
                    not sure why we making it sound like he dived when it was a clear foul on him. He was just too quick & defender fouled him in the box, thats a clear penalty.

Comment

On a different note, is that considered an assist?

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        the amazing thing is he really isnt diving. He initiates the contact expertly and has perfected the timing of the fall.
                        Although I must say on this pk the guy was a really an idiot for fouling him as he has two other defenders with him.
                        It’s more about Clever Positioning than anything else ..! Then the precise timing of when to go down to help selling it best ..!
                        In this case he basically suckered the defender into a foot race, then as soon as he got a Slightly head He quickly Positioned himself where the defender had nearly no choice but to run over him, he was plenty strong to absorb the initial contact outside the box but as soon as he felt A similar contact inside He went down & won himself that legit pk ..! He almost dared & suckered the defender into committing that foul by essentially getting into that foot race for the opening towards the box ..! Sorta like a road rage set up of sort, you get ahead of the guy then you brake ..! Lol 😂

Comment

Agreed. A very nicely timed run down the flank; slowed his run to deceive the defender and then accelerated past him. Was then strong enough to fight off the defender's first challenge outside the box (didn't go down easy for a foul), and then defender clearly fouled him by tripping him inside the box. It just doesn't seem to me that he was looking for a penalty, but a smart forward positions himself in front of the defender to block him off/protect the ball. To me a very smart and powerful run/move. Good on him...
                          "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Comment

^^ What does the article say about Mehdi?
                              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Taremi's specialty: Iranian only needed a minute to make an impact
                                https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-12741807.html

Iranian did not take long to make an impact on FC Porto-Braga. In the first move in which he participated, he suffered a foul in the penalty area.

In the last three seasons, Mehdi Taremi was the player who suffered the most penalties in the championship (there were eight), followed by Bas Dost (five) and Jhon Murillo.

Well, at FC Porto-Braga (3-1), the Iranian striker did not lose his appetite, having needed little time on the pitch - he was launched by Sérgio Conceição near the end, in the 87th minute - to take a penalty from Tormena, at 88 '.

That was what was missing for FC Porto to sentence the match. In the conversion, Alex Telles did not forgive.

Last season, at the service of Rio Ave, Taremi, 28, scored 21 goals in 37 official matches.

Comment

Working...
                                X