This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Essi View Post
    Obviously Nakajima is to be leaving in January. Not that it would make any different for Taremi but still interesting.

Taremi - Marega - ARJ
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
      ^ you can't use V.A.R. for K.I.R.
      for K.I.R. you use K.O.S., or is it the other way around? LOL

Comment

Obviously Nakajima is to be leaving in January. Not that it would make any different for Taremi but still interesting.
        https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm..._an_option_to/

He is off to Al-Ain on a loan with an option to buy for €40m.

Comment

He cost Al-whatever €35m from Portimonense (?!) and now has a clause for €40m?!

Comment

Meanwhile they got Taremi for pennies in today’s market

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
              Meanwhile they got Taremi for pennies in today’s market
              one word. marketability.

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                one word. marketability.
                what did that marketability get them? Iranians gave them a bigger social media presence. I doubt more nakajima shirts were sold than taremi shirts. And the player hardly ever played for them, had a feud for one season with conceicao (bc of performance, then he was scared of covid so stopped coming to practice), never played meaningful mins in CL.
                Wasnt even apart of trophy ceremony last year for league win.

Marketability is a factor when you have a key player like son, growing your brand to huge proportion in asia. Not when you have bench players/not even on bench that are asian. Not interesting to anybody back home.

I think nakajima is actually a good player but his mentality is clearly not correct, running back and forth to qatar/uae every other year in the prime of his career is just bizarre.

Porto would be better off tapping into iranian market again.

I can tell you right now kanani and PAG would both be massive helps to their backline. PAG would slot into rotation with mbemba and pepe like a dream given pepe's injury concerns. The Sarr kid on loan from chelsea is a walking mistake and responsible for many goals already, his loan wont be getting renewed this summer. Only other CB is diogo leite who is highly rumored to be sold soon.

Comment

Cool Comparison

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                    one word. marketability.
                    Honestly, this is a perfect comparison to share with someone who doesn't understand the concept.

Shoya Nakajima - Age 26 - 19 Apps - 0 Goals - 13.2 Million

Mehdi Taremi - Age 28 - 11 apps - 4 goals - 11.0 Million (shame there isn't a stat for PK won)

Shoya hasnt even come close to making an impact in the Liga NOS like Taremi has, yet look at the price difference.

Its a shame, but a hard truth that its taboo to invest in a player from a country that is under heavy economic sanctions.
                    #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Cool Comparison

Idk why but looking at this picture made me think if Mehdi goes to bundesliga he will be a top 3 scorer there
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                        Honestly, this is a perfect comparison to share with someone who doesn't understand the concept.

Shoya Nakajima - Age 26 - 19 Apps - 0 Goals - 13.2 Million

Mehdi Taremi - Age 28 - 11 apps - 4 goals - 11.0 Million (shame there isn't a stat for PK won)

Shoya hasnt even come close to making an impact in the Liga NOS like Taremi has, yet look at the price difference.

Its a shame, but a hard truth that its taboo to invest in a player from a country that is under heavy economic sanctions.
                        Shoya is a like a Harvard graduate while Mehdi is a community college graduate. Thats the reason behind the investments.
                        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                          Shoya is a like a Harvard graduate while Mehdi is a community college graduate. Thats the reason behind the investments.
                          Not really. He also came from qatar, and the main reason porto splashed cash on him was same as mehdi, good performances for a low level portuguese team (portimonense, who finished much lower than rio ave in the year mehdi dragged them to top 6).

Comment

Bah Bah tonight we will be watching some great football.
                            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic
                            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              what did that marketability get them? Iranians gave them a bigger social media presence. I doubt more nakajima shirts were sold than taremi shirts. And the player hardly ever played for them, had a feud for one season with conceicao (bc of performance, then he was scared of covid so stopped coming to practice), never played meaningful mins in CL.
                              Wasnt even apart of trophy ceremony last year for league win.
                              Marketability is a factor when you have a key player like son, growing your brand to huge proportion in asia. Not when you have bench players/not even on bench that are asian. Not interesting to anybody back home.
                              I think nakajima is actually a good player but his mentality is clearly not correct, running back and forth to qatar/uae every other year in the prime of his career is just bizarre.
                              Porto would be better off tapping into iranian market again.
                              I can tell you right now kanani and PAG would both be massive helps to their backline. PAG would slot into rotation with mbemba and pepe like a dream given pepe's injury concerns. The Sarr kid on loan from chelsea is a walking mistake and responsible for many goals already, his loan wont be getting renewed this summer. Only other CB is diogo leite who is highly rumored to be sold soon.
                              I generally agree with what you're saying, but its not kit sales clubs want (they don't mind it), rather TV revenue. Japanese TV stations buy the rights to leagues where their players play. Iranian TV doesn't even pay our own league .

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                I generally agree with what you're saying, but its not kit sales clubs want (they don't mind it), rather TV revenue. Japanese TV stations buy the rights to leagues where their players play. Iranian TV doesn't even pay our own league .
                                Still even with that Nokhodi, we still have more Iranians in Portugal than other countries from AFC do with 5 players playing in the league.

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.us/liga-no...wettbewerb/PO1

Comment

Working...
                                X