This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    FT 3-2. Great match and Mehdi is MOTM (imho)!

yea
    only one coming close to challenging him for MOM is Lewis Diaz .... he played his impact sub appearance to full effect with an assist and the winner
    but overall Mehdi is the guy who really kept them in the game and was certainly the biggest force behind getting the full 3 points today.... didnt finish full 90 thats the only thing going against him taking the MOM

Comment

Diaz MOM, only because he scored the winner I guess. Of course he had an assist as well but anyhow, IMO Mehdi should have been MOM

Comment

4 Goals, 8th place in Top Scorer
        Attached Files

Comment

The sporting guy might be hard to catch with 6 more. The others I think taremi will go ahead of in due course.

Will be interesting to see goals/games or mins ratio.

Think he is killing that category given limited mins at start of season

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            this was a potentially season defining night.

If they had lost, which was a real possibility given how the game went and that vitoria are a strong side, positioned 5th currently, they would have remained 7 pts behind leaders sporting.

Now they are back to a manageale 4 pt gap.

Taremi crucial in this win, and supercup win last week.

he has cemented his place now.
            The season could come down to those few points they lost early in the season when Mehdi was not starting.
            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Let’s for a second appreciate that we have one of the coolest CF duos in world football, on international stage.

Considering playing with a two is quite rare these days, the only guys of note internationally that come to mind are ofc the incredible clinical suarez cavani duo which carried Tabarez Uruguay for a decade.

I think many teams even in top 20 would kill for two CFs like mehdi and sardar. What’s awesome they compliment each other brilliantly too

Comment

Let’s for a second appreciate that we have one of the coolest CF duos in world football, on international stage.

Considering playing with a two is quite rare these days, the only guys of note internationally that come to mind are ofc the incredible clinical suarez cavani duo which carried Tabarez Uruguay for a decade.

I think many teams even in top 20 would kill for two CFs like mehdi and sardar. What’s awesome they compliment each other brilliantly too
                yup and with the emergence of Gholizadeh developing into a solid playmaker, our offense is starting to look pretty damn solid. We need to make it to this WC to have these guys shine in the prime of their careers

Comment

The sporting guy might be hard to catch with 6 more. The others I think taremi will go ahead of in due course.

Will be interesting to see goals/games or mins ratio.

Think he is killing that category given limited mins at start of season
                  Also, Taremi does not take the penalties. I bet the top guys all are team's penalty taker too.

Comment

Well, he came close to the hattrick I was rooting for. It was a magnificent performance by Mehdi Taremi. Who would have thought such a career turnaround even after the World Cup. He has solidified his position after this win and along with Marega they are now officially the Power Tower Duo of Liga NOS! Mehdi Taremi is definitely our pride and joy at this moment. He is a shining star for us in the dark night of COVID-19. I wish him health and many more goals and stand for him to achieve all his dreams.

Go Mehdi!

Enjoy the full highlights!

Comment

Not only do they complement each other, they work together beautifully. We saw what a gap our TM performance had when Taremi was forced to sit out for the Japan match in the Asian Championships.

Comment

Comment

Sérgio Conceição at the press conference after FC Porto's win, in response to a question about the functioning of the duo between Taremi and Marega:

"Even when Taremi was not a starter, it was often used. We have specific work for each player. But what the game gives is impossible to do in training. It's a natural adaptation of Mehdi [Taremi]."

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13181896.html

Comment

Mehdi is currently featured on the top banner of Porto's Twitter account. This account has 1.2M followers.
                            The most famous Iraniano in Portugal =) Damesh Garm!
                            https://twitter.com/FCPorto
                            Last edited by webmaster; 12-29-2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Benfica fans on Twitter are calling Mehdi an Olympic swimmer due to his "diving" lol. Love it. They're so mad they didnt get him. How can he dive when every PK is confirmed by VAR?

"Michael Taremi" lol. Btw. Porto fans are defending Taremi to the death, naturally. Defending him more than many Team Melli fans would.

Comment

There is a member here who stated that either Azmoun or Taremi should be benched for Kaveh Rezaei, great football insight i must say .

All jokes aside, we have the best striker duo in Azmoun and Taremi, who are along with Ali Daei the best strikers in the history of Iranian football imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X