This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noorani_esteghlal View Post
    First i thought Taremi will start from day 1, now its very clear that they have 2 fixed forwards.
    Thats no problem for now and acceptable, but i ask myself do i like Iranians to be starters in a lower team or subs in higher teams ?
    It will be very very hard for Taremi in Porto, not because he is bad but because of the strikers who score goals
    who is second fixed CF?

There is just marega and taremi. its been two games and there is no indication he will be on the bench or regular sub for much longer.

Comment

Comment

All goals

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
          I wonder if Pepe would have been like this had we beaten Portugal in the world cup and knocked them out [emoji23] tbh, if that would have happened, maybe we wouldn't have seen Mehdi or some of the others being bought by Portuguese clubs [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            taremi worked hard when he came on and took defenders attention away from the others. Two guys moved to taremi leaving dias open for goal 5. Conceicao clearly rates him as he is always one of the first subs in first 2 games. Interesting he again used him and marega together, as I mentioned before I think this will be the starting combo for many games after taremi is bedded in. him and marega seem to have a great relationship from marega going to taremi and high fiving him right when he came in to their longer conversation with each other during and after match.
            Porto are an EXCELLENT team. They play so intense and fast, with quality in every position, technical+tactical+physical. They play so well as a collective unit and I think what taremi will learn in porto will improve him so much as a player. Weather that translates itself into hot form in the next couple games or in a few more weeks is pretty irrelevant. It will be a huge asset to his own development and to TM as well.
            Seriously the best team any iranian has been on since AK8 days. Zenit are a level below this for sure, as somebody who tries to give as much credit to azmoun and his boys as possible bc they also are a solid team with some big players.
            ARJ----Azmoun----Taremi front three is finally looking like what we all thought it should/would. 3 highly inform legionairres playing in upper echelons of european football (CL + domestic champs for 2, PL and contributing regularly for 1).
            Kaveh, Gholi, Ghoddos, Ghaedi are all really nice complimentary pieces and with omid ebrahimi still in good form+physical level and saeid returning to form our base of midfield to support these guys looks better. Milad and Sadegh as very fast full backs can give offensive new dimension, especially moharrami with his excellent technique and ability to really penetrate opposition defenses from the right.
            Bring on Uzbeks and Mali.
            You mean Rezaeian right? From what i've seen of Moharrami so far it is clear that he is not near Ramin's level and i'm sure Skocic will have the same view.

Comment

Next for Porto/Mehdi: Abedzadeh and Alipour's Maritimo on Oct 3, 10:30am PST

Comment

Two random, pieces of news related to Mehdi:

- Rio Ave got eliminated from the EL in heartbreaking fashion today. They drew 2-2 to AC Milan after conceding a 120th minute PK. Then they lost in a PK shootout 12-11 (!). Considering they just lost their coach and Mehdi, shows how good of a team they are to take Milan down to the wire.

- Carlos Vinicius from Benfica, a joint top-scorer with Mehdi last year, just joined Tottenham on a season-long loan with an option to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post

- Rio Ave got eliminated from the EL in heartbreaking fashion today. They drew 2-2 to AC Milan after conceding a 120th minute PK. Then they lost in a PK shootout 12-11 (!). Considering they just lost their coach and Mehdi, shows how good of a team they are to take Milan down to the wire.

- Carlos Vinicius from Benfica, a joint top-scorer with Mehdi last year, just joined Tottenham on a season-long loan with an option to buy.
                  idk why but new benfica coach didnt trust him and had him on bench. Weird as he is a good player.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    idk why but new benfica coach didnt trust him and had him on bench. Weird as he is a good player.
                    The Benefica coach must be suffering from POTTER-19.

Comment

That PK shootout was absolutely insane. I was watching the end of extra time and then conceded a PK in the very last second at the 120th minute. And then the shootout itself was bonkers so glad I watched that lol

Comment

My goodness that must have been so heartbreaking for Rio fans. I feel so bad for them. Hate penalty SOs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          The Benefica coach must be suffering from POTTER-19.
                          No, he is just racist.
                          __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

On the bench against Maritimo

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X