This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

again, credit to SC where its due.

They had a shaky spell and could have fucked up in CL and given up title charge even at this early stage. He managed to stabilize them psychologically, tactically.

They are now second place, 4 behind sporting, so well back in the race. Benfica+Braga in 3rd and 4th but they play tomorrow. This underlines how tight the fight is.

Compare it to Semak and Zenit, in most crucial part of their season, failed to steady ship, got humiliated in CL and in total (league plus CL matches) won 2/10 fucking games in a horrible couple month stretch.

This title race in portugal may be one of the most entertaining in europe this season. Lets see if mehdi can be one of the deciding factors.

And as for the melodrama every time he doesnt start, Im glad he does not lose his focus, calmness, or confidence. today I saw giroud regain his spot as chelsea starting CF, they tried to replace him last year with abraham and this year with werner. Tried shipping him off to italy in the summer. Never lost his patience or most crucially, his BALLS. Was calm, took his chance in CL amazingly (4 incredible goals vs sevilla) and suddenly huge signings like werner are being moved to wing to accomodate his inclusion in xi, a player who lampard was supposedly desperate to ship off. That is how you deal with adversity at a big club, not by crying and thinking you would have been better off with braga after 2 months.

What I see from taremi is the right mentality. When he plays he plays calm, strong, and assured. He is happy for his teammates when he doesnt play, doesnt let frustration get better of him, and will eventually be a key part of this team. And his overall play will be better for it long run. Today his pressing, hold up, decisions with passes, and also shooting from outside the box even was very impressive. He had 2 key chances, 1 he hit the target, the other he scored. This is same taremi who would need 10 chances to score 1 before. That is improvement. Looking forward to see what he can do vs olympiakos in CL in midweek.

Comment

Taremi receives Porto's club MOTM award, Marega league MOTM award.

Comment

Statement made my Mehdi. His involvement in the first goal was crucial, and getting his name on the scoring sheet and getting the MOTM award will do him a world of good.

Now he should be in the starting line-up going forward, up top with Marega. Porto still have several strikers and there will be competition/rotation, but Mehdi has given SC a good reason to start him together with Marega.

I thought they were both good on the pitch together, though nothing extraordinary. Didn't see many combos between them, but given that they are both effective at what they do, have a knack for making a nuisance of themselves, and offer very different attacking options, I think SC now sees (or at least should see) that the Mehdi-Marega combo is the way to go forward.
        sigpic

Comment

Comment

All the goals

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

Taremi receives Porto's club MOTM award, Marega league MOTM award.

Taremi played fantastically. Shame he was running out of fuel. If he works on his tank and jangjooi I guarantee he will get the league MOTM every other game.
                هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                نگاه میکنید.
                sigpic
                I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Taremi description (translated): "Ownership returned at a good level. Worked on the 1-0 move, before leaving Marega with everything to score at 5. He ended relentlessly for 4-2 and Babacar denied him the encore shortly after."

Comment

Yesterday with Mehdi on the pitch, it was evident that it opened up space for the other attackers on the field.

Comment

Despite fact I didnt see much direct Taremi/Marega linkup it is undeniable taremi opened a ton of space up for the team in general (and also marega) bc he offered a real threat running into channels and held the ball up well. Typically marega has to do all of these roles alone and he is too limited to do them all effectively (so while he might be a strong physical presence who can try to hold it up and get fouls he is offering zero running into channels).

Comment

Further note on Taremi/SC situation vs JB/Potter:

SC has vindicated himself with his results. He eased Taremi into the rotation, building up his confidence at every step, getting very good results from him. He qualified his team for the second round of CL and the financial rewards that come from it. He had the right strategy in his final CL game, getting the result he needed to progress without sacrificing too much. He is back in the thick of the title race. He is using his squad's depth very well and most importantly he is getting RESULTS to show for his leadership and experience.

Potter has been (almost willfully) destroying JB's confidence at every step. When JB scored spectacular goals, criticized him for not scoring simple goals. Benched him after good games. Criticized the fans for high expectations instead of owning his OWN results. Does not understand the concept of player rotation. Can't manage multiple competitions (league, cup, etc. at least he does not have to worry about this anymore). Does not understand (or pretends not to) that in competitive sports, winning is the KEY METRIC. Does not show the very core leadership traits needed for success in any field, let alone a team sport. And his RESULTS speak for themselves.

As I said, Taremi will be fine. I hope JB finds a way out.
                        Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                          His way out should have been to never go to the PL, but staying in NL: play all the time, score goals and create assist every game, and play EL. Instead of being a solid bench boy. Haters gonna hate, but he was doing great back then.

Comment

Comment

Interestingly, Porto will play Tondelo again this weekend in a Cup game. With the UCL match mid week, I wonder if SC will go with the same starting XI as the last match against Tondelo. Either way, I’d expect significant minutes for Taremi.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                                Further note on Taremi/SC situation vs JB/Potter:

SC has vindicated himself with his results. He eased Taremi into the rotation, building up his confidence at every step, getting very good results from him. He qualified his team for the second round of CL and the financial rewards that come from it. He had the right strategy in his final CL game, getting the result he needed to progress without sacrificing too much. He is back in the thick of the title race. He is using his squad's depth very well and most importantly he is getting RESULTS to show for his leadership and experience.

Potter has been (almost willfully) destroying JB's confidence at every step. When JB scored spectacular goals, criticized him for not scoring simple goals. Benched him after good games. Criticized the fans for high expectations instead of owning his OWN results. Does not understand the concept of player rotation. Can't manage multiple competitions (league, cup, etc. at least he does not have to worry about this anymore). Does not understand (or pretends not to) that in competitive sports, winning is the KEY METRIC. Does not show the very core leadership traits needed for success in any field, let alone a team sport. And his RESULTS speak for themselves.

Amaan az dasteh een eengleesha. Sad rahmat beh porteghaleeha.

Comment

Working...
                                X