Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this was the only match so far that Mehdi did not get any minutes. Well, they won and that's a good thing. I agree that a draw was a fare result but football just like life is not fare. Olympiacos player could not finish the chances that they had. Regarding our Medhi, our frustration continues.

Go Taremi!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
      Lol, it was the third sub, so it was a bit obvious Taremi wouldn't come on [emoji6]
      They allow 5 subs.

Comment

they play pacos ferreira away in the league on FRIDAY!! and then marseille away on wednesday.

surely he starts on friday? Marseille game will be the most crucial for their advancement from group.

Comment

Porto has a quick turnaround this Friday for a league game. Would have to imagine he’ll at least play a bit.

Comment

It was unlikely to see Mehdi start, but not getting any playing time is a bit concerning.

If we don't see him get at least 30mins on the weekend against a bottom dwelling team, then the coach is a real a k!r dozd and it's time to panic.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              they play pacos ferreira away in the league on FRIDAY!! and then marseille away on wednesday.

surely he starts on friday? Marseille game will be the most crucial for their advancement from group.
              I don't know man. I don't think his low playing time is much football related.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                No, Evanilson will start as a lone striker and Marega will be subbed in. Evanilson will be rewarded for his world-class tap-in, from the league game on the weekend.

Maybe Mehdi was not this coach's signing and he was wanted by the management team and/or they wanted to prevent others from getting him. Evanilson who has been with the team less is already getting a lot of minutes.

If he was at Braga and Sporting, he would 100% be a starter. Benfica is a little more difficult but I think his chances there are much better than at Porto. This manager does not rate him if he keeps giving him very little minutes.

Comment

Good thing I had to run off to work & didn’t watch this bs waiting in vain ..!
                  Sometimes another problem with making yourself cheap to attain is that you are a lot more likely to get treated like dirt when it comes to minutes afforded ..!
                  Can u imagine how ARJ woulda been treated if he wasn’t a high price transfer on hefty salary ..!??
                  Nokhodi is right on this bs situation..!

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                    It was unlikely to see Mehdi start, but not getting any playing time is a bit concerning.

If we don't see him get at least 30mins on the weekend against a bottom dwelling team, then the coach is a real a k!r dozd and it's time to panic.
                    It is already the time to panic, concrshiao is the same s*** than ivan leko and the Albanian guy that kick out Ansarifard from playing CL. Nothing to hope from such garbage.
                    The only coach which is fair is semak but he isn't a good coach and Azmoun found a way to miss the biggest game of CL since bayern/Rostov

Comment

He doesn't carry the glitz and glamour of a 21 year old Brazillian who could potentially be worth a disgusting amount of money if he scores regularly and adapts to European football which is annoying. But, on the plus side, the big-name signings of Grujic (has been injured tbf) and Felipe Anderson are not being rushed into the XI either.

Comment

Mehdi is extremely unlucky with this coach, just shows how important the luck factor is in making it at the top.

Comment

He'll get time soon.

I hope Porto can keep competitive through the group stage so our boy might see Knockout CL football

Comment

It's hard to tell what's going on in the coaches head.

The good news is that Mehdi has been getting subbed in most games.

The bad news is that besides one game, the minutes have been really poor.

I'm hoping this is more of a time thing because the coach seems to rely on his older players who he's spent more time with.

Even Nakajima only played 5 games last season.
                            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Sooner or later, Mehdi will get his chance. The cream always rises to the top. But, when he does get his chance, Mehdi needs to produce, he'll be on a short leash.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                                Sooner or later, Mehdi will get his chance. The cream always rises to the top. But, when he does get his chance, Mehdi needs to produce, he'll be on a short leash.
                                I'm old enough that I remember this about ARJ when he first started at BHA. I hope history does NOT repeat itself here.

Comment

Working...
                                X