This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
    Imagine the smile on Carlos Queiroz's face to see the player he had so much trust in scoring goals like this in the highest level of competition. Well done Taremi, you made all of Iran proud, and gave a big middle finger to whoever counted you out after the red card.
    Specially in his home country. CQ is showing off in Portugal [emoji1201]
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
      Iranian players overhead kicks is the worst nightmare of Chelsea hahaha. First ARJ’s and now King Mehdi’s.

For those who haven’t seen ARJ’s goal against Chelsea (doubt there’s anyone but still worth sharing)

https://youtu.be/e0HElf6BKB4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      I hear that Ali Daei is feeling left out and is coming out of retirement to score a bicycle kick on chelsea too!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
        Mehdi's goal with English praise:

read the comments on the vdo to be more proud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxq9j0VkeO4
        Even the reaction from SC says it all.

The spit followed by the shaking of the head obviously screams "i should have f***ing started him"
        #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Thomas Tuchel's X-rated insult to Porto boss and post-match bust-up with Pepe

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel allegedly told Porto counterpart Sergio Conceicao to “F*** off”, leading to heated post-match scenes after their Champions League quarter-final second leg.

The German coach would duly be confronted on the field by Porto captain Pepe as he celebrate seeing his side book their place in the final four of the competition - despite falling to a 1-0 reverse in the second leg in Seville.

Mehdi Taremi’s 93rd minute winner for the Portuguese side on the night wasn’t enough to stop the Premier League side reaching the semi-finals.

And the two managers were seen in an awkward exchange at full-time.

TV footage showed the German barely stopping to greet a stony-faced Conceicao at full-time after congratulating his coaching staff.

Conceicao shouted angrily after the Blues boss, with the pair having previously clashed during the game when Porto were denied a penalty.

Players from both teams had to be separated as they clashed after the whistle, while Pepe could be seen angrily waving his finger in Tuchel’s face - who had been followed onto the field by an annoyed Conceicao.

Initially Pepe and Tuchel had greeted one another in a cordial manner, only for the mood to swiftly change and the finger pointing to begin after something was also said between the pair.

Tuchel attempted to placate the ex-Real Madrid defender, who was joined in his protests by Porto staff and Fabio Vieira, with the Chelsea chief seemingly protesting his innocence.

Speaking in his post-match press conference, Conceicao said: "I was insulted by this man who is next door [Tuchel]," he said.

"I was telling the referee that the fourth referee heard those insults. That's all.

“I don’t know why he reacted the way he did. I didn’t say anything to him during the game.”

The Chelsea boss downplayed the incident, stating simply: “It was just a little argument with me and their coach, and everybody was following me suddenly.

"No harm done.”

While neither manager was saying much about the exact nature of what went on, Portuguese newspaper Record claimed that Tuchel told Conceicao to “f*** off” as they went to bump fists following the final whistle.

UEFA will wait for the referee’s report to see if anything is mentioned by the match officials.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...paign=sharebar

Comment

Player ratings for the UCL match. Taremi rated 7 with the very limited time he was given

Comment

Taremi's great goal made history in Iran: understand the reason and check the reactions

FC Porto striker scored at 90 + 4 'of the game with Chelsea and gave the victory to the blues and whites, still insufficient to allow the passage to the semi-finals.

It was a victory with little flavor that FC Porto achieved on Tuesday night, in Seville, against Chelsea, 1-0. The great goal scored by Mehdi Taremi, at 90 + 4 ', did not come to cancel the 2-0 advantage that the "blues" took in the first leg of the quarter-finals and the dragons fell in the Champions League.

However, the Iranian's sure-fire kick promises to remain in the fans' memory for a long time and has already traveled the world. The international press surrendered to the acrobatic movement of the ex-Rio Ave and, in Iran, where Mehdi is idolized, the newspapers also did not pass by the goal.

Indeed, Taremi's goal did represent a historic achievement for the Middle Eastern country: never before had an Iranian scored so far in the Champions League. The Porto player was the first footballer from Iran to score a goal in the quarter-finals of the millionaire competition, a historic milestone for the Asian nation.

The online edition of the "Tehran Times" newspaper speaks of a "sensational bicycle kick goal" by the 28-year-old and marks the Iranian's unprecedented feat. The website "Persian League" talks about an "amazing shot" by Taremi: "He gave the victory to FC Porto with a brilliant shot, but the damage was done", adds the portal, referring to Chelsea's passage to the semi-finals.

On social networks, several accounts linked to the king sport - with 433 at the head - published videos of Taremi's goal and the striker himself shared countless reactions from friends, followers and teammates.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13569806.html

Comment

Taremi drives Englishmen crazy: ″ jaw dropping ″, memory of Ronaldo and Tuchel ... ″ bizarre ″

The goal of the Iranian FC Porto caused astonishment in the British press.

FC Porto fell in the quarter-finals of the Champions League, against Chelsea, but left the millions with their heads held high: after losing 2-0 in the first leg, they won 1-0 in the second, thanks to a goal of Mehdi Taremi flag.

The 90 + 4 'minute elapsed when the Iranian responded perfectly to a cross from Nanu, on the right, with a shot on a bicycle that gave Edouard Mendy no chance. The images of the move did not take long to propagate at great speed in the international press and on social networks and, in England, the tabloid The Sun even dedicated an article in its online edition to the accurate shot of the FC Porto player.

"Taremi imitated Ronaldo and Bale with a jaw-dropping bicycle goal", it can be read in the title of the English newspaper play, which continues in the eloquence: stand still in the air, showing a surreal athleticism. A powerful shot that puts Taremi alongside other Champions League icons, like Gareth Bale, who scored the same for Liverpool [in 2018] and Cristiano Ronaldo, against Juventus [ In the same year]."

Also highlighted is the statement by Thomas Tuchel on the great goal of FC Porto, which The Sun classifies as ... "bizarre": "Until the stroke of luck in the last minute, we do not grant opportunities", points out the publication, surprised by the use of the expression "lucky stroke" in view of Taremi's intentionality in the shot.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13568529.html

Comment

Anyone good at drawing cartoons? lol I like to see a cartoon of little Jahanbakhsh and Taremi sitting at the table cutting Chelsea up with scissors.
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Real Madrid it is. It'll be nice to see the Algerian connection of Zidane and Benzema pummel Tuchel and Chelsea. Now that Porto is out, Real all the way.

Comment

Guys, dont forget that eventhough Mehdi's goal did not help Porto to advance but that was the winner and Porto earned €2.7M .

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                        Real Madrid it is. It'll be nice to see the Algerian connection of Zidane and Benzema pummel Tuchel and Chelsea. Now that Porto is out, Real all the way.
                        Porto should have eliminated Chelsea. They made three mistakes. The first two (players unforgivable mistakes which led to Chelsea's goals), the third (SC not starting Taremi) would not have been a mistake had the first two not happened. But Porto really exposed Chelsea's weaknesses and next team will eliminate them. They so clearly did not deserve to go to the semi final.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Guys, go and vote for Taremi

https://mobile.twitter.com/Champions...31909394644995

Comment

That goal was for the people who kept saying Taremi only socres easy goals

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                              I would've agreed with you a few years ago, but JB in EPL has changed my mindset.

Mehdi is somewhat old for a footballer (28 years young), I want him to enjoy and be appreciated for the 3-4 years of elite football he has left. I don't want him to go to a club like Juve or Madrid just to warm the bench.

I prefer he stays at Porto for 3 more years, becomes a Porto legend like Jackson Martinez or Falcao, and go back to Qatar to line his pockets for his retirement. Porto is a big club, and will get regular CL football, and Mehdi has gotten a lot of notoriety the last several weeks due to CL (for good and bad).
                              Fair point.
                              Its really up to the limit of his ambitions. Elite players ultimately want to at least themselves at the highest level possible. Taremi certainly has the ability but that's no guarantee he would start at one of those clubs.

Comment

Impact: Taremi's goal against Chelsea multiplied praise and is an early candidate for the Puskas Prize

The bicycle that went around the world

Comment

Working...
                                X