This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    As it stands, Porto would face Liverpool in the KO stage, I believe.
    No there will be a draw for the playoff stage. All the winners in one group and all the 2nd place in the other group and they will be drawn against each other.

SC had the right strategy. A draw was enough to secure the 2nd place and advance. No reason to risk a loss to make things dependent on the last game.

I think the fact that Taremi did not play is a good sign. This was not an important game in the overall context of things. I hope this is a sign that he was being saved for a league start. Lets hope so.
    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
      No there will be a draw for the playoff stage. All the winners in one group and all the 2nd place in the other group and they will be drawn against each other.

SC had the right strategy. A draw was enough to secure the 2nd place and advance. No reason to risk a loss to make things dependent on the last game.

I think the fact that Taremi did not play is a good sign. This was not an important game in the overall context of things. I hope this is a sign that he was being saved for a league start. Lets hope so.
      Well I think taremi could have came on for last 20 for marega but we should also remember its been a long time since evanilson played so probably wanted to keep him in picture too now that taremi is getting ok mins (60+ mins vs portimonense and winning goal, start in cup and goal, subbed on vs marseille, start in league).

I think we could see Marega Taremi combo in league this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        well SC hasnt left taremi out of 20+ matchday squads yet...
        Well, taremi is a new signing coming as the league topscorer, and popular among fans and medias.
        If SC have found a taremi coming from a deceiving season (0 goal, 0 assist) with fans & medias bashing him, dont worry he would have left him out the squad very easily

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          Don't know which one is the worst between Potter, SC, and Ivan leko. While I am used to Potter non sense now, I truly despise SC
          Here is a hint on which one is worse:

SC is coaching a Champions League team. Potter will see CL only on TV.

Potter has sidelined the Top scorer in the Dutch league for a whole season and finds various excuses not to play him. SC has already used Taremi on a few occasions with only 8 games into the season. This really was not an important game at all.

Taremi will be fine. JB, not so sure.
          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
            Here is a hint on which one is worse:
            SC is coaching a Champions League team. Potter will see CL only on TV.
            Potter has sidelined the Top scorer in the Dutch league for a whole season and finds various excuses not to play him. SC has already used Taremi on a few occasions with only 8 games into the season. This really was not an important game at all.
            Taremi will be fine. JB, not so sure.
            You forgot JB eredivisie topscorer title was long behind as this "prestige" (dutch league isn't considered very highly) was canceled by his deceiving first season in EPL. Potter was just a coward, following the wind (medias& fans) by kicking JB out the squad. Doing so, he was trying to avoid unpopularity and useless pressure from fans and medias.

SC is forced to play Taremi at a minimum because he is a new signing, coming as topscorer and popular. The minutes he gave him are not impressive : trash minutes in CL, and in the portuguese league except a start once.
            Also one start against a lower division club in cup and an early substitute in league because of injury. Wow impressive.
            SC just wait Taremi not to score when he play him to let him in the bench during the whole next game

Comment

LOOOL koonceicao with a good one.

Comment

^SC's Latin temper always gets the best of him!!!

Comment

Porto's hero today. This man single handedly kept the game to a draw.

Comment

Daaaammmnnnn!

Comment

he is forgetting that City didnt need a win to top the group and advance ..!
                      a tie was plenty sufficient for pep to get the job done ftb, and besides he didnt resort to playing 11man behind the ball for nearly 3/4 of the match either at home..!! getting plenty of help from lady luck for that scoreless tie to top it off..!
                      SC is obviously still sore from the earlier altercation he had with Pep on the sidelines in the away tie where he cleverly got under his skin and threw him and his team off his game and then proceeded to easily brush them aside, and nearly got him sent off in the process..!! lol
                      he got easily played by the master and all these crying and whining and late in the game matalaks aint gonna mean jack squat ...!!
                      if they cross path again in the playoffs we will see whats up..!!

Comment

Just to put things in perspective so we don't get too emotional about our footballers
                        In football you are good and are guaranteed a start in almost every game if:
                        1- you run around and work hard, stop the other team from developing an attack, disturb their game plan and stick your foot in pass the ball help form an attack or
                        2- not much of the above but you are a genius who is capable of doing amazing things, picking up the ball half way and dribble all the way and score and things like that.
                        Otherwise you will be warming the bench and keeping it warm for someone who has tired himself out or is injured.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

he needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut.
                          sigpic

Comment

Really don't understand why Marchesin doesn't start for Argentina???

He is by FAR their best keeper. What an amazing game against Man City yesterday.

Comment

Comment

I think SC's job is pretty secure. He's bringing in a LOT of cash for the club with his UCL wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X