This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sepehrkh5 View Post
    Hi everyone! Here are the highlights from Mehdi’s performance tonight : https://www.instagram.com/p/CGns0iDB...d=18rho12s19ay

Enjoy! 👍🏼😁
    Thanks. Really nice page you made there! Bookmarked!

Comment

Thank you so much! I love making videos on our legionnaires! Follow @iran.futbal on Instagram if you like!

Best,
      Sepehr

Comment

porto have a super condensed schedule in the next 1-2 weeks. Expect mehdi to start half these games at least.

Seeing he was first offensive option from the bench should confirm any fears that he was bought for no reason, coach hates him, etc. And no team taremi could have joined is as good as porto. Seriously first hour they were neck and neck with city. Bad subs for SC fucked up the great blueprint he had made to start the match.

Comment

Sergio needs to change the style they play in a superior European champions league. Long balls may suit the Portuguese league but as the words mean “Champions” of superior leagues play a more modern football.
          The result tonight could have been embarrassing.
          sigpic
          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
            Sergio needs to change the style they play in a superior European champions league. Long balls may suit the Portuguese league but as the words mean “Champions” of superior leagues play a more modern football.
            The result tonight could have been embarrassing.
            I think you should rewatch. For at least 60 mins porto were super strong, solid defensively and giving city issues. City got a very fortunate pk call. Going into HT 1-1 was super fair result.

Second half initially they started very well. The sub of luis Diaz changed their offensive game a lot, started going more direct and found it harder to play out of city press, which is normal. Issue was when they went long marega was too crap/isolated to hold it up.

But definitely not an embarassing performance whatsoever, their fans who are typically super critical of the team and coach were all fairly impressed and happy judging from twitter, portuguese press reaction.

Definitely a strong team. Think they will not have too much problems with olympiakos and marseille.

Comment

There’s always proper ways of wording discussions. No, you go and watch again.

The result says it all. They came to defend with a lone striker, play long balls to Marega and hope on the counter they can break sleek Man City. Nothing wrong with that tactic but playing long balls and giving the ball to a team that knows how to keep it and not let you have the sight of it for long periods is wrong tactic in my view. They should have played possession football instead.
              When Sérgio tried to change things around it was too late.

Read again, the result could have been more embarrassing.
              sigpic
              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                There’s always proper ways of wording discussions. No, you go and watch again.

The result says it all. They came to defend with a lone striker, play long balls to Marega and hope on the counter they can break sleek Man City. Nothing wrong with that tactic but playing long balls and giving the ball to a team that knows how to keep it and not let you have the sight of it for long periods is wrong tactic in my view. They should have played possession football instead.
                When Sérgio tried to change things around it was too late.

Read again, the result could have been more embarrassing.
                ok dont watch again. You dont have to have same opinion as majority of people.

But I think when you go away to etihad, scoring a brilliant goal, that came from great press in high area and quick transition, create another guilt edged opportunity from nice passing move, create yet ANOTHER guilt edge chance from high press, and in general penetrate city box quite a few times you have done well. Add to that getting hard done by with a super controversial pk call. Besides that foray I dont recall city having any chances in first half, at least not super major ones.

here is longest highlight package I could find for reference

porto had 1 goal, 2 high percentage chances they should have scored, a further shot on goal that worked ederson, and an off target marega header he could have done much better with. City dont even appear in these highlights besides pk.

They pressed city in super good areas creating a large volume of turnovers while keeping defense relatively untroubled. So from that standpoint the tactic was spot on. Trying to play possession football when your midfield is way inferior seems to be like a recipe for disaster.

The KEY mistake came in second half when they abandoned this fairly aggressive press in favor of an actual deep block and long balls you mention (you can just compare the lines of porto players in first and second half of this highlights package, the difference is considerable). Not pressing error prone city defenders and losing luis diaz really left them toothless and allowed to city to wrestle away momentum of the game and not have to worry about dangerous porto attacks. This was a tactical mistake by SC in game management but their actual setup to start game and basically until min 60 or so was fairly effective and not what you described at all.

Comment

What a great moment for our football to see both of our top strikers play in the champions league!! So proud of Taremi and Azmoun for their amazing development. Hoping more Iranians follow the European route and grow.
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Dishab be nazare man farghe Porto va Zenit askhkaar shod:

Zenit ye joorhaayi manande Team Mellie Roosie say mikone ba ghodrate badani golzani kone, ba ersaale toophaaye boland ya az kenaarehaa,

hamin raa balade. Va chandin bazikon daare ke az nazare TEKNIKI kambood darand.

Porto hamishe az nazare paskaari say mikone be mogheiyat berese, alaki toophaaye boland nemindaaze, VA teknike bazikonhaa chenan khoob ast

ke betonan in kaar raa anjam bedan.

Taremi az nazare roohi ravani besyaar ghavi ast va hess mikonam ke nimkatneshini angizaash raa balataar mibare va vaghti chansesh ra begire

khahad neshoon daad ke dar tarkibe asli bayad baashe.
                    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

City last night was a beatable team. Porto could have finished them off in the first half. Porto was good in all areas except the front. Marega proved he is not a great striker. He was literally jogging around watching the game. Funny enough when Mehdi came in he was a bit more perky. But the manager kept marega on for the full minutes. That doesn't necessarily mean he is his favourite striker. It may mean he is going to rest him for the next few games. Usually when the manager needs a player for the next game they bring him out early. Anyways I think Mehdi's time has come. He will start sooner than later. And when he does he will be a fixed starter. You can see it in the white of his eye.
                      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic
                      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        ok dont watch again. You dont have to have same opinion as majority of people.

But I think when you go away to etihad, scoring a brilliant goal, that came from great press in high area and quick transition, create another guilt edged opportunity from nice passing move, create yet ANOTHER guilt edge chance from high press, and in general penetrate city box quite a few times you have done well. Add to that getting hard done by with a super controversial pk call. Besides that foray I dont recall city having any chances in first half, at least not super major ones.

here is longest highlight package I could find for reference

porto had 1 goal, 2 high percentage chances they should have scored, a further shot on goal that worked ederson, and an off target marega header he could have done much better with. City dont even appear in these highlights besides pk.

They pressed city in super good areas creating a large volume of turnovers while keeping defense relatively untroubled. So from that standpoint the tactic was spot on. Trying to play possession football when your midfield is way inferior seems to be like a recipe for disaster.

The KEY mistake came in second half when they abandoned this fairly aggressive press in favor of an actual deep block and long balls you mention (you can just compare the lines of porto players in first and second half of this highlights package, the difference is considerable). Not pressing error prone city defenders and losing luis diaz really left them toothless and allowed to city to wrestle away momentum of the game and not have to worry about dangerous porto attacks. This was a tactical mistake by SC in game management but their actual setup to start game and basically until min 60 or so was fairly effective and not what you described at all.
                        Good god, do you have to extensively elaborate on everything? As fans we can have our own independent opinion even if “majority”, go the other way.

That’s the beauty of reading through pages and pages of the forum, not to read the same thing but read different opinions. Yes, it could happen that we All agree on everything in most cases but sometimes that’s just not the case, there’s no need to research, analyse, investigate, elaborate, explain to such great details to justify why one’s opinion is wrong! What we shouldn’t do is to insult or use these to attack the opinion of others. Respect.
                        sigpic
                        Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

^^ Not to interfere, but isn't it the very same passion that makes IAWT elobrate in such way ; )

agree on respect different sportive views though
                          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

soooo.. wonder if Mehdi is in the XI tonight?
                            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                              soooo.. wonder if Mehdi is in the XI tonight?
                              would be a big disappointment if not

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                                would be a big disappointment if not

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk
                                Indeed after midweek loss and a poor display by Marega
                                نگاه میکنید.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X