This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
    I've tried to understand what this league is, and how it works, I've given up... stupid UEFA.
    its the new intertoto cup
    Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
      Karim yek paase gole hassas daad dar vaghte ezaafeh va AEK raft be marhaleye b'adie Conference League.
      Here is Karim's assist via a header.

Go Karim!

Comment

They lost after PKs..

Comment

Originally posted by ShirFarhad View Post
          They lost after PKs..
          Looks like Ansarifard missed one of them in the PK shootout

https://www.kicker.de/aek-athen-gege...4715693/ticker

Comment

They lost against Chalgooz abad... Keep saying Greece league is a decent move.
            This is their 3rd team and historically one of their best clubs forget about the rest.
            Velez Mosta... I had to google to see where the hell club belongs to...

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Greek league is indeed a joke. Because of Karim I watched quite a few games of this league last season. Their only competitive team in European competitions have been Olympiakos. Other than that poor quality.

Comment

Greek league is an ok move for our players who are past their prime.

I also don’t think that AEK will be crying over being knocked out of a Mickey Mouse cup.

Comment

I mean what do you expect from Ansarifard and Hajsafi? Do you honestly believe they can play at a higher level? No chance.

Greek league is good for them. Great country to play your last years in, strong fans, chance of euro runs (clearly slim if you dont play for olympiakos) and in general you will be in good shape always for TM camps. OFC the level of the league is marginally better than PGPL if any.

I also wasnt opposed to greek league at one point for beiro if it meant he found himself a top 3 team there as a starter, so for certain cases it can also be beneficial.

Anyways, its good not to close door on any gateway league to europe imo. Say what you want about greek league, but they are semi-regularly exporting players to top leagues still, obviously way more than PGPL.

AEK has been quiet on this front, but olympiakos selling Tsimikas to liverpool, Podence + Jose Sa to wolves, soon Mady Camara to Napoli, masuaku to west ham, etc all very recently. PAOK sold their young wing Limnios to Koln, LB to norwich, and this summer another young wing of theirs Tzolis will make jump to big league/team. I can see for example a player like Ghayedi playing there for a couple seasons to acclimate to europe in relatively comfortable enviornment, get scouted by more teams, and then make jump to spain or italy.

Comment

AEK Athens knocked out Wolfsburg courtesy of Karim. People should chill on the IPL comparisons.
                    Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Why all the top greek teams besides olympiakos play the conference league, and none of them play the europa league?
                      Does the conference league lead to a qualification to europa league (like the old intertoto) or is an independent competition?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        Why all the top greek teams besides olympiakos play the conference league, and none of them play the europa league?
                        Does the conference league lead to a qualification to europa league (like the old intertoto) or is an independent competition?
                        In addition to being a 3rd tier euro tournament it is a qualifier for the UEFA Europa league.

Uel, ucl teams that crash out of the tournament have a chance in the conference League. Teams have a chance to qualify for the Europa league based on performance.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hajsafi is officially an AEK player!

https://twitter.com/aek_fc_official/...585968130?s=21

Abtin tell your Greek friend when hajsafi becomes one of their best players this season to send me some Greek food from his restaurant

Again to me one of the better summer moves as Hajsafi is the freaking TM captain for crying out loud so it’s very important for the foreseeable future he’s playing in a place where he played some the best footy in his career. Go Ehsan!
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Is his actual last name Haji Safi or Hajsafi? I can never tell

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                              Is his actual last name Haji Safi or Hajsafi? I can never tell
                              Haji Safi. He mentioned it in an interview once

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                                Abtin tell your Greek friend when hajsafi becomes one of their best players this season to send me some Greek food from his restaurant
                                Haha will do, he's not very pleased with this move though (like AEK fans in general it seems), he would have preferred some younger talent

Comment

Working...
                                X