Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He scored in the 56th minute. I did not see the goal. But Tripolis tied it back up in 63rd minute

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
      He scored in the 56th minute. I did not see the goal. But Tripolis tied it back up in 63rd minute
      Video of the goal: https://www.novasports.gr/match-cent...-tripolis-aek/

Comment

clean finish by charim buddy. Still if his inclusion leaves A9 out I am not in favor of it.

Otherwise just by virtue of form/fitness he is ahead of kaveh (if you asked question at start of season it was the opposite) and although shahab probably deserved a callup last time since then he is still working way into zorya xi (still playing quite well imo), I can see why you wouldnt give shahab his first callup in these matches.

Alipour nice improvements and also in the mix plus alekasir,moghanlou on domestic side but karim probably edges it by virtue of experience and versatility.

So that would leave:

Azmoun, Taremi, Allahyar, Karim as CF options.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          clean finish by charim buddy. Still if his inclusion leaves A9 out I am not in favor of it.
          Otherwise just by virtue of form/fitness he is ahead of kaveh (if you asked question at start of season it was the opposite) and although shahab probably deserved a callup last time since then he is still working way into zorya xi (still playing quite well imo), I can see why you wouldnt give shahab his first callup in these matches.
          Alipour nice improvements and also in the mix plus alekasir,moghanlou on domestic side but karim probably edges it by virtue of experience and versatility.
          So that would leave:
          Good points and forward options I agree with for these qualifiers.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

So that would leave:

Also, another thing to note about Karim is he’s a better and more useful veteran to have than Hajsafi currently is and more valuable than shojaei was in his late years. If he’s the vet and ehsan is dropped I wouldn’t be mad but it’s not likely of course.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Ansarifard is in many ways TM's version of Oli Giroud.
              I think he should be called up as well. For one, he has one of the coolest heads under pressure.

Comment

He's proven, plays under pressure, and is in-form right now. I think you have to invite him!

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                  But wouldn't you rather have younger players get some minutes from the bench & experience the WCQ atmosphere?
                  I would! But I think he’s got a few more years to pass his experience onto younger players. Inviting players to camp is not always to necessarily play them in matches. Sometimes coaches call up veterans so they can be a role model for younger players. Karim’s experience in camp will come in handy and help out the younger talent.

He’s also in form these days and playing decent football. As long as a player is in form they should be called up.

Comment

Karim Ansarifard @ AEK Athens | 2020 - 2021

One thing Karim will be always remembered for, is his perfect penalty against Portugal. That was a very well taken penalty in such a high pressure situation. In that sense he is a legendary TM player, despite the fact he never lived up to his true potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbolista View Post
                      Ansarifard is in many ways TM's version of Oli Giroud.
                      I think he should be called up as well. For one, he has one of the coolest heads under pressure.
                      And what’s funny is that Karim was the MOST insecure and unconfident player in the national team. He was this way under Ghotbi and a few years while working with Carlos. But after his Osasuna stint he made an obvious transformation both for his club and for Iran.

He was scoring goals and making assisting with such ease and composure than before. I think not scoring a single goal in the year he was in Spain really rattled something in him. He wasn’t getting called up to the national team and he might’ve realized he doesn’t have a fixed place in Team Melli.

I also think Sardar and Taremi joining the national team kicked his ass into gear to get his stuff together. He missed most of not all of 2015 Asian Cup matches. In fact I don’t think he even played a single match (I could be mistaken). The point is he completely changed after that Asian Cup. Because the Karim post 2015 was a completely different athlete.

Karim was involved in both matches vs Qatar in the 2018 WCQ’ers. Not just in those matches but other ones as well. People are quick to forget his contributions because he was outshined by Azmoun. And it’s no lie, Azmoun was on fire during qualification. But Karim helped a lot as a supporting forward. His assist vs Qatar was a thing of beauty.

Comment

His leadership was always exemplary, and players love him, but when i look at his overall career i am pretty dissapointed. This guy just like Kaveh supposed to play at very high level base on their junior performance. and in case of Ansarifard he was like 19 when he first capped for TM.

Comment

I think he should be invited, especially if Skocic persists with two strikers up top. Ansarifard scored in his last TM game off the bench, he's played a lot of football this season for a big club in Greece, and he's the second highest scorer in his league. Zahedi's minutes have dropped off since he signed for Zorya (I think they'll pick up next season) while Kaveh has had an unlucky season with injuries and a bi-polar team around him, unfortunately. In a 40 or 30 man list all of them should be included, but in a 23 man list my gut says Ansarifard should be picked ahead of Zahedi and Kaveh.

Assuming two strikers: (ST) Azmoun, Taremi, Sayyadmanesh, Ansarifard
                          Assuming one striker: (ST) Azmoun, Ansarifard [Taremi likely a LW or RW in this formation like in Queiroz's era; Sayyadmanesh can play LW, RW, SS doesn't matter)

I would call up:
                          Beiranvand, Abedzadeh, Niazmand
                          Moharrami, Rezaeian/Hardani
                          Pouraliganji, Kanaani, Khalilzadeh, Hosseini
                          Milad Mohammadi, Salmani
                          Ezatolahi, Ebrahimi, Karimi, Nourollahi
                          Gholizadeh, Jahanbakhsh/Mehrdad Mohammadi, Sayyadmanesh, Ghoddos, Taremi, Ghaedi, Azmoun, Ansarifard

Comment

Karim started against Aris at home, HT, 0-0.

Comment

Guys, go vote for Karim as Player of the Club (Karim is number 4 from the bottom)!
                              https://vote.slgr.gr/?fbclid=IwAR2Rx...c6wPtDCUvYyeLo

Comment

its all fkt up letters man i dont know wich ones Karims

i took a guess on the 7th one
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X