Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion 2020/21 - Page 96

+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 146 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1452

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion 2020/21

  1. #951
    Senior Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 248 Times in 85 Posts
    Rep Power
    859046


    Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by nisfejahan View Post
    Agree that there is no reason to go to BHA forum and insult anyone.

    But the rest of your argument does not hold ANY water.

    "Potter played a starting 11 that dominated an EPL team"

    So they dominated one (yes one) game against an EPL team. The week before they were dominated, at home, by another (better) team. Last year, there was one mediocre performance after another. The team has had only a few wins in all of 2020. None of these events prompted him to use AJB.

    "Because he scored 1 goal a piece against a THIRD DIVISION team and the RESERVES of a Championship team???"

    Last year he scored in his first start against an EPL team. Then he scored the goal of the season in his few minutes as a sub against Chelsea and salvaged a point for BHA. You know, Chelsea, the team that beat BHA 3-1 this season. Did any of that stop him from getting benched the rest of the year? So I suspect scoring a couple of goals (really good ones) in the cup games is not going to make any difference. You do realize that he cannot EPL goals from the bench, right? Scoring from the bench is not a thing, yet! Of course, Potter may soon complain hat AJB has not scored from the bench yet.

    "These limitations are obvious and any objective person can see them. He lacks pace and get's taken off the ball too easily. These deficiencies in his game make him an incomplete player and not as viable in Potter's system where defending and strong pressing is a must. "

    Well, no, these limitations are not obvious, and most objective people will see that he has a lot more to offer than some of the other players. If BHA wants pace, dribbling, pressing, strength on the ball, heading, defending, I suggest they sign Superman. Most players have strengths and weaknesses. As is, he has shown he is stronger than many of the other options.

    "So please stop with the P0tT3R H4TEs Iranians BCUZ He'S RaCIST!!"

    I agree that he is not a racist. Just an arrogant imbecile who has not achieved much outside Swedish second division, and moves from failure to failure. The fact that he has to explain, week in week out, why he is not including AJB speaks volumes about him. If it was so obvious that AJB is not ready, he would not feel compelled to explain his decision to exclude him every week.
    1) Last season was last season. I'm talking about right now. How does his performance rank with the current offensive 11 starters? They all have goals against EPL level opposition. AJ has goals against 3rd tier players and 2nd tier reserves, that's a fact. Now tell me, if AJ was on the starting 11 with a goal against NCastle and say, Trossard was the one who scored against 3rd and 2nd tier opponents in a cup game, how would you react if Trossard suddenly got the nod and AJ was benched??? You can lie to me all you want but I know how many people here would react. OMG POTTER AGAIN DOING THIS, WHY WOULD YOU SWITCH OUT AJ HES BEATING PREMIER LEAGUE OPPOSITION AND THIS TROSSARD GUY GETS TO PLAY JUST BECAUSE HE SCORED AGAINST TOKHMY OPPOSITION OMG@$!$!!

    2) Graham Potter is not compelled to explain anything. He does so because journalists ask him questions about AJ. What is he supposed to do, ignore them?

    3) You countered my point about his pace with...nothing. It is very obvious and I'm not the only one to point it out. He lacks pace for a winger, his pressing isn't good and he can't dribble past his man.
    Whether you like it or not, he is not suited for BHA FC and any other scrappy EPL relegation zone team.
    He is a slow but technical player and in my opinion, ill suited for the English league in general.
    He would be better off in leagues where his superior vision, passing and shooting can be maximized (i.e. La Liga, Bundesliga etc)

    Is it unfair Potter is not playing him enough in the starting XI? perhaps...
    Does he absolutely deserve to play on the starting XI right now? No.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Oz For This Useful Post:


  3. #952
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Roozbeh-G2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 581 Times in 265 Posts
    Rep Power
    854576
    a bit of prediction: what kind of team do you think Ole Gunnar Solskjær will field tomorrow against the pothead's fantasy football favourite XI?

    I think Manu will save a few of his good players for the cup game.

  4. #953
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,144
    Thanks
    1,183
    Thanked 1,935 Times in 917 Posts
    Rep Power
    3371626
    Quote Originally Posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
    a bit of prediction: what kind of team do you think Ole Gunnar Solskjær will field tomorrow against the pothead's fantasy football favourite XI?

    I think Manu will save a few of his good players for the cup game.
    No, they lost the first league game and want to respond in a strong way. He will play strongest team available and a mixture for the cup game.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Medzdidz For This Useful Post:

    diz

  6. #954
    Senior Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 330 Times in 56 Posts
    Rep Power
    305792
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Oz View Post
    1) Last season was last season. I'm talking about right now. How does his performance rank with the current offensive 11 starters? They all have goals against EPL level opposition. AJ has goals against 3rd tier players and 2nd tier reserves, that's a fact. Now tell me, if AJ was on the starting 11 with a goal against NCastle and say, Trossard was the one who scored against 3rd and 2nd tier opponents in a cup game, how would you react if Trossard suddenly got the nod and AJ was benched??? You can lie to me all you want but I know how many people here would react. OMG POTTER AGAIN DOING THIS, WHY WOULD YOU SWITCH OUT AJ HES BEATING PREMIER LEAGUE OPPOSITION AND THIS TROSSARD GUY GETS TO PLAY JUST BECAUSE HE SCORED AGAINST TOKHMY OPPOSITION OMG@$!$!!

    2) Graham Potter is not compelled to explain anything. He does so because journalists ask him questions about AJ. What is he supposed to do, ignore them?

    3) You countered my point about his pace with...nothing. It is very obvious and I'm not the only one to point it out. He lacks pace for a winger, his pressing isn't good and he can't dribble past his man.
    Whether you like it or not, he is not suited for BHA FC and any other scrappy EPL relegation zone team.
    He is a slow but technical player and in my opinion, ill suited for the English league in general.
    He would be better off in leagues where his superior vision, passing and shooting can be maximized (i.e. La Liga, Bundesliga etc)

    Is it unfair Potter is not playing him enough in the starting XI? perhaps...
    Does he absolutely deserve to play on the starting XI right now? No.
    A good post, but you'd have more luck trying to teach a dog to play the piano then get some of the more stubborn posters to admit they're wrong.

    I don't even think some of them realise just how horribly they come across or how toxic they make the thread. The fact that more than one poster has messaged me privately to tell me they agree with what I'm saying but don't feel like they can say it in the thread without being attacked just shows how shitty some people act on here. I mean, last time I made the point you made in 3) it ended up with me being accused of being racist to black/African players, despite never mentioning them. Funny and Depressing in equal measures.

  7. #955
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Afat11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,657
    Thanks
    399
    Thanked 4,243 Times in 1,458 Posts
    Rep Power
    6618800
    Quote Originally Posted by BHAFC View Post
    A good post, but you'd have more luck trying to teach a dog to play the piano then get some of the more stubborn posters to admit they're wrong.
    I don't even think some of them realise just how horribly they come across or how toxic they make the thread. The fact that more than one poster has messaged me privately to tell me they agree with what I'm saying but don't feel like they can say it in the thread without being attacked just shows how shitty some people act on here. I mean, last time I made the point you made in 3) it ended up with me being accused of being racist to black/African players, despite never mentioning them. Funny and Depressing in equal measures.
    I’ll be real, the guy you are supporting I would consider an outlier on this forum. I can probably count on my hand the times he’s had a good take on something and I’ve been here for a while.

    Finding the one guy who tends to put down our players every chance he gets and saying he is the rational voice of reason is your first error. I’m sure the person who PM’d you is not a frequent contributor with much respect. I’ve fought plenty of battles on this forum, some right some wrong, but being afraid of making a point is usually a sign of 1) the person is already not a great contributor/possible troll or b) they don’t have much belief in their own opinion to articulate or argue it.

    Go a few pages back and respond to my post about the reddit thread with multiple stories of coaches benching/freezing out players for several reasons, including not accepting a transfer the team wanted. You were absolutely aghast when I said this could be a possibility, but I haven’t seen you talk about it when there’s a thread with multiple instances of similar things happening. Some managers seem to even do it for arbitrary reasons...

    This team’s life in the PL isn’t long, and ARJ will hopefully be gone soon and you’re obviously not his supporter. So I actually don’t understand what productive you’re bringing to this conversation. You’re saying Potter is right to bench a guy we’ve considered one of our best legionnaires just before he joined your club. I don’t think you’ll convince us of much, the outliers who think our current crop of players are trash and are living in 1998 are few and far between here. They may send you their PM’s but they’re honestly smart not to make their trash takes here. I personally think you’re fighting a losing battle here, and should just support your club’s decisions as you like. If you actually believe relegation isn’t in this club’s near future, I’m actually pretty sorry for you that you’re going to be stunned by this obvious happening. The coach, players and overall brunt of the club’s ethos is that of a bottom-feeder. ARJ never should’ve joined BHA, I agree with Dr. Oz on that.

    At Leicester or a team with a winner’s mentality, he would’ve slotted in just fine, don’t get it twisted. Put Messi into Hughton’s tactics and he wouldn’t have an easy time with that negative anti-football either. Basing Potter’s repeated reliance on Championship quality players based on ARJ’s failure to make an impact 2 years ago is idiotic. Nobody would’ve succeeded in that position. With world-class players like Alzate and March carrying your team you’re destined for a great and storied PL season.

    Potter should maybe change his formation to get these unproductive players out of the lineup and get a guy who can score some goals in. I thought the point of football was to score and win. Making a formation that fits to March and Alzate who haven’t done diddly squat in 2 seasons is the brilliant tactic of a Fergusson like genius.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Afat11 For This Useful Post:


  9. #956
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,144
    Thanks
    1,183
    Thanked 1,935 Times in 917 Posts
    Rep Power
    3371626
    Some good news for Brighton is that they have sold Dale Stephens.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medzdidz For This Useful Post:


  11. #957
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Roozbeh-G2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 581 Times in 265 Posts
    Rep Power
    854576
    Quote Originally Posted by BHAFC View Post
    A good post, but you'd have more luck trying to teach a dog to play the piano then get some of the more stubborn posters to admit they're wrong.
    I don't even think some of them realise just how horribly they come across or how toxic they make the thread. The fact that more than one poster has messaged me privately to tell me they agree with what I'm saying but don't feel like they can say it in the thread without being attacked just shows how shitty some people act on here. I mean, last time I made the point you made in 3) it ended up with me being accused of being racist to black/African players, despite never mentioning them. Funny and Depressing in equal measures.
    Hello Brighton hove and albion fan man! You just loved that post didn't you? The poster of that comment has no idea what football is about. Ali has no pace? his passing is no good? can't dribble? wtf? come on you bang on about being level headed and reasonable but call a post full of rubbish a good post?

    P.S. Just to emphasis a point: We support our Ali no matter what and where he plays. When he plays we all cheer and pray to god for that team to win with a huge margin and when he is out of the squad or on the bench we pray to god that team loses by a huge margin. That is because if we told you that we are BHA fans you would know we are lying. We are all Ali's fan. most of us here didn't even know where brighton was until Ali joined you.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Roozbeh-G2006 For This Useful Post:


  13. #958
    Senior Member
    Reputation

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    394
    Thanked 426 Times in 156 Posts
    Rep Power
    1438
    Quote Originally Posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
    Hello Brighton hove and albion fan man! You just loved that post didn't you? The poster of that comment has no idea what football is about. Ali has no pace? his passing is no good? can't dribble? wtf? come on you bang on about being level headed and reasonable but call a post full of rubbish a good post?
    P.S. Just to emphasis a point: We support our Ali no matter what and where he plays. When he plays we all cheer and pray to god for that team to win with a huge margin and when he is out of the squad or on the bench we pray to god that team loses by a huge margin. That is because if we told you that we are BHA fans you would know we are lying. We are all Ali's fan. most of us here didn't even know where brighton was until Ali joined you.
    Fans of Ali and Iranian players. Not necessarily fans of good football or what is best for the team. If Ali started every game and Brighton started losing, most people here would be ok with it, because they could keep blaming Potter. This thread is incredibly toxic, there's no denying that. I have supported ARJ since NEC, but can barely bring myself to read this thread most of the time.

    This thread is an outlet for frustration more than reasoned analysis the majority of the time. That's what online forums tend to be though, so not saying there's anything wrong.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oreosx11 For This Useful Post:


  15. #959
    Senior Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 248 Times in 85 Posts
    Rep Power
    859046
    Quote Originally Posted by Afat11 View Post
    I’ll be real, the guy you are supporting I would consider an outlier on this forum. I can probably count on my hand the times he’s had a good take on something and I’ve been here for a while.
    Finding the one guy who tends to put down our players every chance he gets and saying he is the rational voice of reason is your first error. I’m sure the person who PM’d you is not a frequent contributor with much respect. I’ve fought plenty of battles on this forum, some right some wrong, but being afraid of making a point is usually a sign of 1) the person is already not a great contributor/possible troll or b) they don’t have much belief in their own opinion to articulate or argue it.
    Go a few pages back and respond to my post about the reddit thread with multiple stories of coaches benching/freezing out players for several reasons, including not accepting a transfer the team wanted. You were absolutely aghast when I said this could be a possibility, but I haven’t seen you talk about it when there’s a thread with multiple instances of similar things happening. Some managers seem to even do it for arbitrary reasons...
    This team’s life in the PL isn’t long, and ARJ will hopefully be gone soon and you’re obviously not his supporter. So I actually don’t understand what productive you’re bringing to this conversation. You’re saying Potter is right to bench a guy we’ve considered one of our best legionnaires just before he joined your club. I don’t think you’ll convince us of much, the outliers who think our current crop of players are trash and are living in 1998 are few and far between here. They may send you their PM’s but they’re honestly smart not to make their trash takes here. I personally think you’re fighting a losing battle here, and should just support your club’s decisions as you like. If you actually believe relegation isn’t in this club’s near future, I’m actually pretty sorry for you that you’re going to be stunned by this obvious happening. The coach, players and overall brunt of the club’s ethos is that of a bottom-feeder. ARJ never should’ve joined BHA, I agree with Dr. Oz on that.
    At Leicester or a team with a winner’s mentality, he would’ve slotted in just fine, don’t get it twisted. Put Messi into Hughton’s tactics and he wouldn’t have an easy time with that negative anti-football either. Basing Potter’s repeated reliance on Championship quality players based on ARJ’s failure to make an impact 2 years ago is idiotic. Nobody would’ve succeeded in that position. With world-class players like Alzate and March carrying your team you’re destined for a great and storied PL season.
    Potter should maybe change his formation to get these unproductive players out of the lineup and get a guy who can score some goals in. I thought the point of football was to score and win. Making a formation that fits to March and Alzate who haven’t done diddly squat in 2 seasons is the brilliant tactic of a Fergusson like genius.
    You can count the times I've had a good take on something? I'll stop you right there. Let's get a bit technical (just for fun): my ratio of thanks/posts is 2.94 whilst yours is 2.9 so I believe a sufficient amount of people agree with my posts on this forum. Now back on topic.

    I'll point out that one of my very first comments in the original BHAFC-AJ thread when AJ moved to Brighton was what a big mistake it was and how he should have gone to Leicester instead.

    I've never put down AJ on here. My last post merely highlighted his qualities and weaknesses and based on those, I gave made a reasonable assertion as to why he isn't being played...much more reasonable than calling the race card or concocting conspiracy theories
    .
    This is an Iranian forum and I think it's good to have arguments from both sides. Also, how sensible would it be to dismiss an opinion because it's in the minority?

    Anyway, I've said what I had to say: AJ is a technically gifted player but in my opinion not fast enough and strong enough to play a versatile role in the lower tiers of the EPL. As sad as it is, a Solly March is more appealing to these teams and that's how it's going to stay. That being said, AJ is doing the best he can in his situation and him staying put is fine by me as he gets to collect his nice paycheck and have fun.

  16. #960
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Roozbeh-G2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 581 Times in 265 Posts
    Rep Power
    854576
    Quote Originally Posted by oreosx11 View Post
    Fans of Ali and Iranian players. Not necessarily fans of good football or what is best for the team. If Ali started every game and Brighton started losing, most people here would be ok with it, because they could keep blaming Potter. This thread is incredibly toxic, there's no denying that. I have supported ARJ since NEC, but can barely bring myself to read this thread most of the time.

    This thread is an outlet for frustration more than reasoned analysis the majority of the time. That's what online forums tend to be though, so not saying there's anything wrong.
    No I think you are confused. This is Alireza Jahanbakhsh fan thread. It is for those who like and support Ali. It is biased and subjective. Anyone come here in this thread and talks rubbish or dis Ali is not going to be liked or welcomed.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roozbeh-G2006 For This Useful Post:


+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 146 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 397

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 107.42 Kb. compressed to 98.07 Kb. by saving 9.36 Kb. (8.71%)]