• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ “There is...”
    .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
      it’s usually best when it’s quiet, that’s when there’s real interest
      I personally do not think there is any team willing to pay Jahanbakhsh his high wages of 3 million euros per annum. Mainly because he barely played last season. Sure I can see some dutch or German teams interested in loaning him for a season and paying half of his wages while Brighton pay the other half. So it's a decision for Graham Potter and Brighton will they use him enough next season to justify keeping him fully on the books? Another option for Brighton is to sell him but I don't imagine anyone wanting to pay more than 7/8 million euros for Jahanbakhsh again considering he did not play last season and was unsuccessful (although the manager's fault) that anyone would pay anywhere near the 20 million Euros he was purchased for., especially in light of the financial impact Covid has had. Taremi who tied for top goal scorer in Portugal last season was just bought for around $5 million while owning 40% of his own right! So I don't see a team in this situation wanting to dish out more than $5 million euros for him and then pay him $3 million a year...

If Jahanbakhsh wanted to he could probably force a loan move by volunteering to take a pay cut for a year to play abroad, but I don't imagine he'd do that, and so far it doesn't look like Brighton want to loan him and pay half his salary. I think Brighton are using the preseason to determine what they want to do with him which would either be to utilize him more or take a financial loss on him. Only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
        I personally do not think there is any team willing to pay Jahanbakhsh his high wages of 3 million euros per annum. Mainly because he barely played last season. Sure I can see some dutch or German teams interested in loaning him for a season and paying half of his wages while Brighton pay the other half. So it's a decision for Graham Potter and Brighton will they use him enough next season to justify keeping him fully on the books? Another option for Brighton is to sell him but I don't imagine anyone wanting to pay more than 7/8 million euros for Jahanbakhsh again considering he did not play last season and was unsuccessful (although the manager's fault) that anyone would pay anywhere near the 20 million Euros he was purchased for., especially in light of the financial impact Covid has had. Taremi who tied for top goal scorer in Portugal last season was just bought for around $5 million while owning 40% of his own right! So I don't see a team in this situation wanting to dish out more than $5 million euros for him and then pay him $3 million a year...

If Jahanbakhsh wanted to he could probably force a loan move by volunteering to take a pay cut for a year to play abroad, but I don't imagine he'd do that, and so far it doesn't look like Brighton want to loan him and pay half his salary. I think Brighton are using the preseason to determine what they want to do with him which would either be to utilize him more or take a financial loss on him. Only time will tell.
        Still to this day I don't know how Locadia forced a loan to a better team in Hoffenheim. If Ali were to go to such a team it would be a revelation

Comment

Just as an example Duffy, who was just loaned out to Celtics for a year, and has three years remaining on his contract just like ARJ and was getting 45K/week vs I believe 50K/week for ARJ. During his loan, Duffy's 45k/week salary is split 20/25 where brighton is still paying 20k/week and Celtic 25k/week. I believe a similar one year loan for ARJ is doable but they have not done that yet since they probably gonna use him more. If Brighton gets a strong winger/forward in the next couple of weeks, then loaning ARJ becomes much more likely. If they get a tall/strong target man forward, then they may keep ARJ for his great crossed into the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
            Just as an example Duffy, who was just loaned out to Celtics for a year, and has three years remaining on his contract just like ARJ and was getting 45K/week vs I believe 50K/week for ARJ. During his loan, Duffy's 45k/week salary is split 20/25 where brighton is still paying 20k/week and Celtic 25k/week. I believe a similar one year loan for ARJ is doable but they have not done that yet since they probably gonna use him more. If Brighton gets a strong winger/forward in the next couple of weeks, then loaning ARJ becomes much more likely. If they get a tall/strong target man forward, then they may keep ARJ for his great crossed into the box.
            I did not know the details of Duffy's loan that's good news. Shows that Brighton could definitely do something similar for Jahanbaksh. But like you said if they don't buy another winger or loan him, than they see him playing a role.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I did not know the details of Duffy's loan that's good news. Shows that Brighton could definitely do something similar for Jahanbaksh. But like you said if they don't buy another winger or loan him, than they see him playing a role.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              Duffy did not want to sit on the bench or not be included in the squad and I am sure he made that very clear to the club. Alireza may not be as keen on a loan move as Duffy was. I get the sense that he wants to achieve his goal of becoming a successful Premier league player, and so he is not into Potter's office requesting a loan move. I think the motivation for a loan move has to come from Brighton. Brighton will have to sit him down and say that there is no role next year for you here, why don't you go and get some game time at club xyz and we'll re-evaluate next year. Of course, if they think there is a role for him, they won't have that discussion with him and he'll stay there.

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                it’s usually best when it’s quiet, that’s when there’s real interest
                That’s a good point, especially with our players.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianEh View Post
                  I can't believe people on here actually think he could play this year. You guys are all in la la land.

He played three blinders in a row mid-season, one of which he scored the greatest goal in the history of Brighton against Chelsea, and still didn't play after that. After return to play from the COVID crisis he barely played a minute. His career here is over and he needs to leave.
                  it seems like this discussion keeps going through the same ol loop for a year or more now LOL ...!!?
                  but as mentioned numerous times prior, the associated Finances involved with ARJ's case is not very conducive to a Transfer Sale..!!, more probable that some loan with buy/Straight Loan option will be exercised before transfer deadline..!! or he may yet remain and play a mostly a depth and bench warmer role again if Brighton fail to significantly improve and pad to their depth of their current offensive front 3, and especially in the likely case of not getting financially pleasing loan or transfer for him..!

the financial details @ play in Duffy's LoanOut sounds promising for a similar move for ARJ hopefully soon..!!

Comment

The EPL just lost a huge tv deal (of which 150 million had already been held back).

As others have already said, clubs are going to be less cash positive, unless their owner doesn't give a damn (like Chelsea or City)... therefore big moves at high prices for non-superstars is not going to happen.
                    I think 75% JB stays.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      The EPL just lost a huge tv deal (of which 150 million had already been held back).

As others have already said, clubs are going to be less cash positive, unless their owner doesn't give a damn (like Chelsea or City)... therefore big moves at high prices for non-superstars is not going to happen.
                      I think 75% JB stays.
                      alireza must stay. get ur bread, dont be sped

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        I think 75% JB stays.
                        This is great! It forces Brighton's hand to either accept an unfavourable loan deal OR simply provide him with more playing time; letting him stay benched or not make the roster but still get payed will be plain stupid.

I honestly don't except Alireza to move (and I wouldn't if I were him). He's got an amazing salary, close to London and get's to play football from time to time. As a footballer in uncertain times, imagine getting covid and it turns out to negatively affect your health with long lasting problems? Also, going back to the Netherlands in hopes of "shining" once
                        more and securing one last good transfer to a better league will likely NOT happen. At 27, you can't take a step backward. If he was 23, sure, go back, get better and come back stronger but at 27?? It would make NO financial sense.

For professional footballers, Football isn't just a sport or a hobby; it's a job. Stay put and enjoy a plentiful and fulfilling life while the rest of your teammates struggle to increase their wages in the next 2-3 years due to the inevitable economic downturn.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Oz View Post
                          This is great! It forces Brighton's hand to either accept an unfavourable loan deal OR simply provide him with more playing time; letting him stay benched or not make the roster but still get payed will be plain stupid.

I honestly don't except Alireza to move (and I wouldn't if I were him). He's got an amazing salary, close to London and get's to play football from time to time. As a footballer in uncertain times, imagine getting covid and it turns out to negatively affect your health with long lasting problems? Also, going back to the Netherlands in hopes of "shining" once
                          more and securing one last good transfer to a better league will likely NOT happen. At 27, you can't take a step backward. If he was 23, sure, go back, get better and come back stronger but at 27?? It would make NO financial sense.

For professional footballers, Football isn't just a sport or a hobby; it's a job. Stay put and enjoy a plentiful and fulfilling life while the rest of your teammates struggle to increase their wages in the next 2-3 years due to the inevitable economic downturn.
                          right on..!!

the current optics suggest that BHA are very unlikely to get a purchase offer for him any more than 7-8mil (certainly not over 10mil..!) and in a more likely case of a loan, i'd figure the suitor be expecting BHA to front at least half of his current pay (about 25K per week or so i think !!?)
                          with those like scenarios it would certainly make more sense for the club to keep him on, @ least until they sign more formidable attacking players to address the current shortage..!

Comment

Why is Graham Potter staying? He didn’t do shit for Brighton besides keep them away from relegating. That’s not much of an accomplishment given Brighton’s history as one of the oldest football clubs in England. They deserve better than him. Is that what they call an achievement? Finishing the season in the relegation zone?

That’s not even why I’m asking this question. It’s due to how Pottnut put his 11 together and arranged his team on a weekly basis last season. It’s because of his unpredictable nature as a manager. Is this the guy Tony Bloom wants to keep as his team’s manager? Is this who he wants to lead his club, after last season? It seems Tony Bloom is just some rich bloke who doesn’t care if his team stays or drops from the EPL.

At least Tony Khan gives a crap about Fulham. Dude is over here in the States on interviews talking about the pile driver Stone Cold took, next minute he’s emphasizing on the importance of chemistry within a soccer team lol.

Sometimes I think to myself, what the **** was Tony Bloom thinking signing Graham Potter

Comment

Ohh that’s right. The owner of this club is a gambling man. He apparently loves his poker so much that he’d rather keep all that money to himself, than invest in an experienced professional to take charge of his FC.

And did I mention his nickname is The Lizard? Someone please make the gif/meme lol.

Comment

We point our fingers at Pottcrack, but we forget that the real ding dong at fault here is who signed him.The Lizard Teheheeeee

Comment

Working...
                                X