This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
    Really? From my memory, JB was absolutely a fixed member of CQ's squad, barring injury. I just looked back at the WCQ, WC, and AC teams and he started in most matches. The only match he didn't start in was Spain, but he was on a yellow card and apparently dealing with a minor injury.
    These are the stats: AC 2015: 1/4, WCQ 2018: 11/18, WC 2018: 2/3, AC 2019: 4/6.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
      These are the stats: AC 2015: 1/4, WCQ 2018: 11/18, WC 2018: 2/3, AC 2019: 4/6.
      Thanks for the stats. JB wasn't a fixed member of the squad in AC 2015 and the first round of WCQ (in 2015) since he was still only 21-22 years old, point taken. But commencing the third round of WCQ (2016) and moving forward, we can safely say he was a fixed member. And he was injured at the start of AC 2019.

CQ was in charge for 9 years, so his squad obviously went through some fluctuations. But I would call Sardar and Taremi fixed for CQ's later years, although they weren't fixed from 2012-2014. And I would call Gucci fixed form the period between 2012-2014, then he dropped off.

Comment

These stats off the bench from the United game, he is making it hard for Potter not to start him soon in the league.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh vs Manchester United (pitch ranking from 75 minutes):

• 9/10 final third passes (2nd)
        • 2 chances created (=1st)
        • 2 big chances created (1st)
        • 1 assist (=1st)
        • 2/2 crosses (1st)
        • 1/1 take ons (=1st)

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlbionAna...04335704465410

Comment

Some of you guys are really drinking the cool aid. But here are the facts:

NO. BHA did not "deserve" to win the game. They led for a total of 3 minutes at the end of the first half. They were behind almost all of second half. At best they deserved to tie, because that player (oh I forget his name, you know the one that is not good enough for EPL) sent in a brilliant curling cross.

NO. They were not the better team. They had more chances in the second half, when they were chasing the game almost all of second half. If anything, Gunnar made a mistake by not trusting his team to score more. But that is typical, when you are leading away from home, you settle for a win if you can.

YES. BHA's defense is like butter. Martial single-handedly carved up their whole defense for the second goal. If Gunnar was a bit more adventurous , they could have scored more.

This is early in the season, but they now have one win in three games, two home losses. Remember last year, they started much stronger. Weaker teams, usually start out ok. It is only when the grind of season takes effect that they start folding. Just like BHA did last year and the year before. The problem is that BHA does not have depth, and whatever depth they have is being mismanaged by the supreme nacho. He has good players warming the bench or not in the squad at all. He does not rotate properly, does not have several good partnerships planned out, and ends up without several stable formations that he can use.

Good teams win the games they "deserve" to win. Great teams win they games they "deserve" to lose. Mediocre teams lose the games they "deserve" to tie.

I hope I am wrong, for the sake of AJB. But I do not think Potter has the innate humility that great leaders, in any field, have. The humility to accept their shortcomings and admit to their mistake. The ability to see beyond the now and into the future, and the ability to put the collective good ahead of personal pride. He does not seem to have it. This is an area he needs to improve on more than anything else.
          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

All of Trossard’s attempts off the woodwork:

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              All of Trossard’s attempts off the woodwork:

Too bad hitting the woodwork does not count for even half a point. Now only if they were playing cricket, they could be onto something....

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                Some of you guys are really drinking the cool aid. But here are the facts:

NO. BHA did not "deserve" to win the game. They led for a total of 3 minutes at the end of the first half. They were behind almost all of second half. At best they deserved to tie, because that player (oh I forget his name, you know the one that is not good enough for EPL) sent in a brilliant curling cross.

NO. They were not the better team. They had more chances in the second half, when they were chasing the game almost all of second half. If anything, Gunnar made a mistake by not trusting his team to score more. But that is typical, when you are leading away from home, you settle for a win if you can.

YES. BHA's defense is like butter. Martial single-handedly carved up their whole defense for the second goal. If Gunnar was a bit more adventurous , they could have scored more.

This is early in the season, but they now have one win in three games, two home losses. Remember last year, they started much stronger. Weaker teams, usually start out ok. It is only when the grind of season takes effect that they start folding. Just like BHA did last year and the year before. The problem is that BHA does not have depth, and whatever depth they have is being mismanaged by the supreme nacho. He has good players warming the bench or not in the squad at all. He does not rotate properly, does not have several good partnerships planned out, and ends up without several stable formations that he can use.

Good teams win the games they "deserve" to win. Great teams win they games they "deserve" to lose. Mediocre teams lose the games they "deserve" to tie.

I hope I am wrong, for the sake of AJB. But I do not think Potter has the innate humility that great leaders, in any field, have. The humility to accept their shortcomings and admit to their mistake. The ability to see beyond the now and into the future, and the ability to put the collective good ahead of personal pride. He does not seem to have it. This is an area he needs to improve on more than anything else.
                Brighton didn't deserve to win?? What?? Did you even watch the game? Brighton had 18 shots to Manchester United's 7 shots. Trossard hit the woodwork either 3 or 4 times. ARJ would have had two assists had March not hit the crossbar on that sublime ball provided by ARJ.

Even against Chelsea, Brighton were dominating most of the game.

If Potter didn't have the humility to accept his mistake of not playing ARJ enough, we would've seen ARJ see only 2-3 minutes off the bench again against Man U. But it's clear he's getting more and more playing time due to his amazing form.

I get why people are frustrated at Potter for not playing ARJ more last season, and with his treatment of ARJ of late, but I just don't think that translates him to being a bad manager overall.

Comment

Why would anyone on this forum be drinking kool aid about Potter? We just want JB to succeed, who gives a crap about Potter? This is Persian football not Potter feshfeshoo

But there is being illogical and taking things to extremes. Commenting on that isn't taking kool aid. There are still people here who don't think he was successful at Ostersund....

Comment

The xG for the game was 3-1.5 in Brighton's favour. In a nutshell, you're talking nonsense if you ain't accepting Potter is the second coming of Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                      The xG for the game was 3-1.5 in Brighton's favour. In a nutshell, you're talking nonsense if you ain't accepting Potter is the second coming of Jesus.
                      Oh yes, the meaningless stats again. Remind me of the final score again. Who won? Who took three points? Who lost at home? The only stat that counts is THE FINAL SCORE.

NO. BHA did not deserve to win. Again they led the game for a total of 3 minutes at the end of the first half.

Either you guys have never played real football, or are just enjoying the cool-aid. When a team is behind all of the second half, they are expected to attack. When a team is leading, especially away from home, they are expected to defend the lead. We all saw what happened when BHA took the lead. They surrendered it in a couple of minutes. Then we saw what happened when Man u took the lead. They defended it, until the last minute, Even at the end, when BHA equalized, it only took them a minute to create another opportunity that led to a goal.

May be you guys can lobby EPL to use expected goals rather than actual goals to determine the winner of a game. Until then, you are going to have to live with reality

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                        If Potter didn't have the humility to accept his mistake of not playing ARJ enough, we would've seen ARJ see only 2-3 minutes off the bench again against Man U. But it's clear he's getting more and more playing time due to his amazing form.
                        No Potter DOES NOT have the humility to be a leader. It is obvious from his interviews. I really hope he can change, mostly for the sake of AJB, but as of now he does not have what it takes to be a leader.

He has been forced into giving AJB minutes. AJB has started two games (two goals and one assist) and played as sub in one game with one assist. AJB is literally forcing his way onto the team. Potter does not have any choice at this point. Even now, he pretends that he had something to do with AJB's performance, rather than just admitting he was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                          Brighton didn't deserve to win?? What?? Did you even watch the game? Brighton had 18 shots to Manchester United's 7 shots. Trossard hit the woodwork either 3 or 4 times. ARJ would have had two assists had March not hit the crossbar on that sublime ball provided by ARJ.
                          Even against Chelsea, Brighton were dominating most of the game.
                          I get why people are frustrated at Potter for not playing ARJ more last season, and with his treatment of ARJ of late, but I just don't think that translates him to being a bad manager overall.
                          I would hope 8 years of CQ would say that stats are meaningless.
                          I think Iran-Morocco was supposed to be the final nail in the coffin for this argument.
                          The score at the end of the game is what matters. Nothing else does.

I wouldnt hesitate to say the same if it were Team Melli. If you dominate a game for 90 minutes but are too weak to defend a goal scored TWICE and instead concede mere minutes after scoring....TWICE... you deserve to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by rizz View Post
                            As much as I love to see JB succeed in this club (what he is actually doing with the few minutes he is getting last season plus this season), we have to admit that the reason he is not yet playing in the starting XI is rather his speed and pressing ability rather than Potter being racist. It is hard to believe that Potter has objective reasons not playing him ( considering JB’s stats ), but if we look back in time and take Saman Ghoddos into consideration, than it is hard to play the racism card. Now, probably you are going to say, that Ghoddos was way above other players in terms of his qualities and it is not comparable to the difference in quality between JB and his team’s competitors. Nevertheless, I reckon that although JB is lacking these fundamentals in todays football game, he will create so much offensively that it will be impossible for Potter not playing him in the starting XI in a few games. The only problem is, that the achievement of being in the starting XI and STAYING in there will cost JB much more energy, because as soon as he is not assisting or scoring, he will quickly be losing his position, because he cannot compensate for at times lacking offensively with speed and defensive skills.

Brighton signed him for his assists and goals. Potter wants to play an offensive brand of his own version of tiki taka. Goals and good passing are critical for this to work.

So....play ARJ more. He provides quality on both those aspects.

We’re only making inferences here, since Potter never said: “Ali lacks speed and good pressing.” Regarding Ghoddos, at the end of the day, he was a Swedish national. Maybe that also influenced the coach’s judgement?

The reason I hint at race at maybe being a factor, is cuz tactically for what Potter wants to achieve (good passing and goals), ARJ can deliver. But he can’t, when you give him consistently chos minutes.

He also said something like “We want Ali to score more straightforward goals.” Doesn’t make sense. Be happy your player creates something out of nothing—a mark of an excellent player.

Comment

Pothead doesn't want to give AJB a chance simply because he's being mean to him and he holds onto a grudge even if it means his team will suffer.

Conspiracy theorist really spice up the whole racist thing and on the other side deniers also act so naive with the imaginary not fit to the system thing.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                                I would hope 8 years of CQ would say that stats are meaningless.
                                I think Iran-Morocco was supposed to be the final nail in the coffin for this argument.
                                The score at the end of the game is what matters. Nothing else does.

I wouldnt hesitate to say the same if it were Team Melli. If you dominate a game for 90 minutes but are too weak to defend a goal scored TWICE and instead concede mere minutes after scoring....TWICE... you deserve to lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X