This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graham potter post game on ARJ and Mac Alister featuring vs Man U:

“They’ve earned that right. They’ve played well, shown character, personality, and quality and I’m delighted with them.”

https://www.brightonandhoveindepende...ke-2981642?amp
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

In the interview he mentions that vs newcastle he went for Neal (Maupay) and Aaron (conolly) instead of ARJ.

So lets please stop that stupid argument a few keep bringing that it is just trossard keeping him out of the team. It is very hard to make an argument for conolly over ARJ, I know he scored the third goal at the weekend but he really brought little to the game. In terms of technique and footballing IQ they are universes separating the two.

OFC there are also universes separating the quality of their respective passports.

Comment

Just to clarify, he's talking about playing this same weakened side in the cup next week, not playing these guys at the weekend.

This bit was interesting though:

“He’s really close to the starting XI,” Potter said of the Iranian. “Against Newcastle we went with Aaron (Connolly) and Neal (Maupay) but he’s in a really good moment and he’s pushing. His goal was a fantastic strike, I’m really pleased with him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

“They’ve earned that right. They’ve played well, shown character, personality, and quality and I’m delighted with them.”

“He’s really close to the starting XI,”

oh ffs

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
            Just to clarify, he's talking about playing this same weakened side in the cup next week, not playing these guys at the weekend.

This bit was interesting though:

“He’s really close to the starting XI,” Potter said of the Iranian. “Against Newcastle we went with Aaron (Connolly) and Neal (Maupay) but he’s in a really good moment and he’s pushing. His goal was a fantastic strike, I’m really pleased with him.”
            I re-read and im pretty sure he is talking about using those players against United. I mean why not, start ARJ and since he would be a little more tired have Connolly swap for him in the second half rather than the other way around.

Comment

Extended highlights: https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...ton-0-albion-2

Comment

the goal is even more impressive when you see the whole move. ARJ started the entire play with a wonderful switch from a position deep on the right hand side. This is the second game running that he initiated the move for his goal. Vs portsmouth it was a brilliant turn to beat the pressing defender and a quick ball into mccalister and then following the move excellently before gathering the ball and unleashing. Similar today. Excellent switch of play to get move going then he followed the play in and finished brilliantly.
                Even in his two mins from newcastle he nearly scored and probably would have done had trossard released the ball like a decent human being instead of waiting an extra 10 sec for defender to close the space.
                Last edited by webmaster; 09-23-2020, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                  I re-read and im pretty sure he is talking about using those players against United. I mean why not, start ARJ and since he would be a little more tired have Connolly swap for him in the second half rather than the other way around.
                  It's a poorly written article but definitely talking about the team having earned the right to keep their place for the cup game as no way on Earth that side is playingthe league game.

Graham Potter felt Brighton’s second-string had earned the right to face Manchester United next week after seeing off Preston in the Carabao Cup to set up a double-header with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side in the coming days.

Though they took time to get going, second-half goals from Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Alexis Mac Allister were enough to get Brighton a 2-0 win and Potter saw enough in the performance to say this side would deserve their chance against United.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                    It's a poorly written article but definitely talking about the team having earned the right to keep their place for the cup game as no way on Earth that side is playingthe league game.

Graham Potter felt Brighton’s second-string had earned the right to face Manchester United next week after seeing off Preston in the Carabao Cup to set up a double-header with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side in the coming days.

Though they took time to get going, second-half goals from Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Alexis Mac Allister were enough to get Brighton a 2-0 win and Potter saw enough in the performance to say this side would deserve their chance against United.

Right but im just confused since i dont think the cup fixtures are set for next week yet? unless they have because otherwise united is this weekend

Comment

great goal by alireza he deserve to play more in epl games, at least 15-20 min potter should not disrecpecrt him and bring him on ,the 90th min

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

Just to be clear, I think Potter is talking about the next cup game against Man U, not this weekend's game against Man U.

Comment

Great news he'll play against man U

highlight incase you missed it

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
                            Potter is not going to play him. Cause AJ is not ready and they don’t have a water boy at the moment lol smh anyone has a link to a Brighton forum I can go be nice and remind Them how racist Harry Potter is?
                            Are you that clown going around on the BHA fc forums talking about how Potter is a racist and AJ is not getting first team starts because everything is a conspiracy?

Some of you guys really lack introspection and objectivity.
                            Last weekend, Potter played a starting 11 that dominated an EPL team. Now ask yourself: why would a manager of a club on the cusp of relegation every year risk playing Jahanbakhsh instead? Because he scored 1 goal a piece against a THIRD DIVISION team and the RESERVES of a Championship team??? Granted, he played well and know's how to strike a ball but his game still needs a lot of improving and he definitely isn't as versatile as other options potter has. These limitations are obvious and any objective person can see them. He lacks pace and get's taken off the ball too easily. These deficiencies in his game make him an incomplete player and not as viable in Potter's system where defending and strong pressing is a must.

So no, if you ask me, he hasn't done enough *at the moment* to dislodge the current starters.
                            I can see him starting in two scenarios:
                            1) the current starting 11 offensive players start underperforming or
                            2) Brighton starts doing incredibly well and become relegation safe relatively early on, allowing Potter the luxury of taking more chances with AJ

So please stop with the P0tT3R H4TEs Iranians BCUZ He'S RaCIST!!
                            It's getting embarrassing

Comment

Comment

Well, BHA and ManU play twice in two days. The question is who will be in the A vs. B teams for BHA. My prediction is Potter will keep Ali in the cup game, though he's certainly proved he should be starting in the EPL games. Looking forward to Potter's pretzel arguments and logic for his decision on Ali.

Comment

Working...
                                X