Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion 2020/21 - Page 334

+ Reply to Thread
Page 334 of 362 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 3619

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion 2020/21

  1. #3331
    V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    BacheLot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    31,794
    Thanks
    49,382
    Thanked 12,652 Times in 6,404 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949736


    Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by diz View Post
    Well, they also gave Potter a 5 year contract for getting the same results at CH (who they sacked). So, the lack of logic is at least consistent.
    Well I think they chased down his services & gave him a long term contract for him to improve their XG score & to just manage EPL survival in the process !?? & the guy has been delivering in spades for their owner on that front as Taz been reminding us each week ..!
    The owner i hear is a big time gambler & maybe he figured out a way to monetize those table topping Xg factors in the gambling market !? & so long they don’t flirt with demotion too seriously pothead gets to enjoy his job security..!

    Also I recall a large contingent BHA fans who were so annoyed with CH’s chicken shitt ultra defensive tactics that they preferred to be demoted back to Championship in order take more pride in their performances rather than enough results for EPL survival only ..!

  2. #3332
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Roozbeh-G2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,719
    Thanks
    657
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 482 Posts
    Rep Power
    869623
    Quote Originally Posted by nisfejahan View Post
    As I have said before, JB's situation does not make any sense at all.

    If he is not good enough and he is one of your most expensive players, why not loan him out, pay part of his salary, and recover at least some of his wages.

    If he is good enough, then give him a decent run of games to let him gel with his team. A few minutes here and there will not help anyone.

    If he was a young 18 year old, it would make sense to hold on to him as his value would have a chance to increase. But at JB's age, every single day, his value is reduced. Why hold on to him, pay all of his wages, and destroy his career at the same time.

    It just does not make any sense, from a business or footballing perspective!!
    maybe they are making him work for his money's worth somehow. Possibly in their under 23s and under 18s? Last year he was doing a lot of training work with their under 23s. Is that right?

  3. #3333
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    inarsenewetrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    10,159
    Thanks
    9,218
    Thanked 21,741 Times in 6,796 Posts
    Rep Power
    311057
    Quote Originally Posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
    maybe they are making him work for his money's worth somehow. Possibly in their under 23s and under 18s? Last year he was doing a lot of training work with their under 23s. Is that right?
    no its not.

  4. #3334
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    The's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    لندن
    Age
    32
    Posts
    17,607
    Thanks
    5,470
    Thanked 5,044 Times in 1,944 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949728
    Lamptey's injury got worse, and he'll be out for the foreseeable feature. Webster, March and Connolly are all out as well.

    With Connolly out, JB's chances of playing are slightly improved.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The For This Useful Post:


  6. #3335
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,163
    Thanks
    2,142
    Thanked 2,930 Times in 1,416 Posts
    Rep Power
    3746698
    Shame for Lamptey - real breakthrough season for him until the injury. I don’t see him being at Brighton for too much longer if he continues in the same run of form he had from before. A player like him has only a limited amount of time at the top of the game as his main weapon is his pace. Soon as that starts to slightly go then it’s downhill, although strong for his height he doesn’t have the greatest physical presence. I can see him moving into a midfield position later in his career.

    As said , Leicester have looked poor last two game. It was a blessing in disguise for them to be knocked out of Europa League with the injuries they have had to their playmakers in the middle , which has nullified the threat of Vardy. Going to be an interesting game. Brighton got slightly lucky with the Fulham results against Spurs as they should of had at least a point.

    Big game between West Brom and Newcastle too this weekend.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medzdidz For This Useful Post:


  8. #3336
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    838
    Thanks
    1,863
    Thanked 892 Times in 387 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    You're right bro, the reason I think Asian football isn't on par with EPL or La Liga is because my dad didn't look at me the way he looked at other boys or some deep psychological issues like that, and not because people like Junior Negrao end-up dominating asian football.
    I never claimed that Asian football is on par with EPL or La Liga, i said that the difference with low ranked EPL clubs such as FC Brighton and topclubs in Iran such as Perspolis and Esteghlal is not as big as you make it seem. Your inferiority complex comes from growing up abroad where your peers and basically the institutions in your country portray Iran as this backward and inferior country (not only in sports) and this naturally causes psychological issues. In turn you project these insecurities you grew up with on everything related to Iran, be it football, politics etc.

    For example Jahanbakhsh has been below average or at best average every time he has played for TM thus far, yet in your mind he is probably a star and your opinion is that he should start for TM no matter what just because he plays for some low ranked British club. Jahanbakhsh pales in comparison to Mahdavikia and if he does not become a fixed player for the club he plays for, he won't stand a chance against Gholizadeh, Ghoddos, Ghaedi, Sayyadmanesh, Amiri, Zahedi and other emerging talents in Iran. These are the facts.

  9. #3337
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    838
    Thanks
    1,863
    Thanked 892 Times in 387 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    Again with the massive exaggerations??? Why am I not surprised lol. Nothing he said insinuates that TM would get thrashed 30-0. TM is comprised of guys like Sardar, Taremi, Gholizadeh, Ghoddos, etc. who play their trade in Europe, not Iran. The prem is also comprised of as much foreign players as English players. So you’re not even close at making a sound argument.

    Talking about imaginations.....2 aghayeh goals just went to Portugal (ranked anywhere from 6-10th best league in the world) and flopped so bad that one is about to come back and you’re trying to say Asian teams will dominate European caliber teams seems like you admire CQ.....did you miss the time when he said to himself “wow PGPL players are so bad I have to go to Belgian 2nd division to find a starting striker” ....that guys name is Reza Ghoochannejhad who went on to be a TM legend. If he had the Azizi-esque mentality that you have thinking PGPL is superior to Premier League bench warmers or championship caliber players like you said he surely wouldn’t have gone that low to look for a striker, right?

    In no way shape or form will JB be replaced bc thankfully, we have a competent manager who knows and understands the caliber and level that our players play and train in matters. JB will run circles around any Mohebi or Nemati you could think of.




    Couldn’t have said it better myself lol.
    Massive exaggeration is "The's" claim that Birighton's B team will easily beat the best clubs in Iran, he might as well have said Brighton's U16 team will beat Sepahan lol. If English football is so much better than Iranian football we must be to them what the Maledives are for us right? Like i said earlier, with a good coach Iran can beat the English national team and Perspolis, Esteghlal etc can beat the likes of Brighton and Newcastle etc, if TM can go toe to toe with Argentina, Spain and Portugal then England is no problem. Taremi and Gholizadeh are players from PGPL, as a matter of fact so are most TM players. Pooladi was an PGPL attacking midfielder/winger turned defender who put one of the best players in history Messii in his back pocket for 90 minutes, and if it wasn't for Nekounam's mistake and Gucci's bad marking Lionel would not have scored. It was PGPL Pouraliganji who had Ronaldo in his back pocket, it was PGPL Beiranvand who stopped Ronaldo's penalty, it was PGPL Majid Hosseini who stopped Diego Costa and where it took an unlucky deflection turned into an own goal for Spain to score. It was IPL Nader Mohammadkhani who put Mijatovic one of the best strikers in the world at that time, in his back pocket at 34 years of age. We have the talents in PGPL, all we need are good coaching staffs.

    You guys have zero respect by mocking Iranian football, and go on to call Perspolis an ashghal club etc. Two Iranian forwards did not succeed in Portugal, so what? Many factors can lead to players failing for their clubs abroad, it can be lack of communication (language and communication is very important in teamsports), coach preferring other players etc.

    Jahanbakhsh can forget about TM if he can't prove himself on the field in competitive games. He already has been average for TM at best, and a total failure in every big game TM has played. Luckily Skocic does not suffer from an inferiority complex and i trust he will field the best players. LOL at JB running circles around Mohebi and Nemati, in your dreams buddy, if they play one on one JB will lose to both of them.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sepehr9 For This Useful Post:


  11. #3338
    Senior Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    217
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 296 Times in 99 Posts
    Rep Power
    41592
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepehr9 View Post
    Massive exaggeration is "The's" claim that Birighton's B team will easily beat the best clubs in Iran, he might as well have said Brighton's U16 team will beat Sepahan lol. If English football is so much better than Iranian football we must be to them what the Maledives are for us right? Like i said earlier, with a good coach Iran can beat the English national team and Perspolis, Esteghlal etc can beat the likes of Brighton and Newcastle etc, if TM can go toe to toe with Argentina, Spain and Portugal then England is no problem. Taremi and Gholizadeh are players from PGPL, as a matter of fact so are most TM players. Pooladi was an PGPL attacking midfielder/winger turned defender who put one of the best players in history Messii in his back pocket for 90 minutes, and if it wasn't for Nekounam's mistake and Gucci's bad marking Lionel would not have scored. It was PGPL Pouraliganji who had Ronaldo in his back pocket, it was PGPL Beiranvand who stopped Ronaldo's penalty, it was PGPL Majid Hosseini who stopped Diego Costa and where it took an unlucky deflection turned into an own goal for Spain to score. It was IPL Nader Mohammadkhani who put Mijatovic one of the best strikers in the world at that time, in his back pocket at 34 years of age. We have the talents in PGPL, all we need are good coaching staffs.
    You guys have zero respect by mocking Iranian football, and go on to call Perspolis an ashghal club etc. Two Iranian forwards did not succeed in Portugal, so what? Many factors can lead to players failing for their clubs abroad, it can be lack of communication (language and communication is very important in teamsports), coach preferring other players etc.
    Jahanbakhsh can forget about TM if he can't prove himself on the field in competitive games. He already has been average for TM at best, and a total failure in every big game TM has played. Luckily Skocic does not suffer from an inferiority complex and i trust he will field the best players. LOL at JB running circles around Mohebi and Nemati, in your dreams buddy, if they play one on one JB will lose to both of them.
    I don't know about all of this, but you raise some good points.

    Lets also keep in mind that in many of these examples we had one of the best coaching staffs in the world working with our players, taking them to train at world class facilities, and developing expert strategies for gameday. CQ often said that Iranian talent was just as good as anyone else's talent, but that we lacked facilities, proper coaching and development to allow our players to fully capitalize on their talents... which is a very real issue.

    But that said, there is no reason why Iranians who go abroad cannot have success, or that those at Iranian clubs with stronger infrastructure cannot develop their game to a higher level. Surely with the results we've seen IPL clubs like Persepolis and Sepahan in the Asian Champions League in recent years, and to a lesser extent Zob Ahan and Esteghlal, its clear that Iran has at least four of the best clubs in Asia. Why wouldn't those talents translate to an international stage?

    All of our successful legionnaires have one of two things in common. Either they went abroad young, or they were at a larger Iranian club before making the jump. We can be as successful as we want to be, we just need to provide the proper support for our players. Truly, Iran's footballing potential is still untapped!

  12. #3339
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,163
    Thanks
    2,142
    Thanked 2,930 Times in 1,416 Posts
    Rep Power
    3746698
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Discussing who may line up for Brighton.

    Interesting fact in there that the only player to have Created more chances than Pascal Gross since they were promoted in 2017 is Kevin De Brunye. Nice opposite to the same article discussing how Maupay has now gone seven games without a goal and Brighton well known problems in front of goal since promotion shows that If they had a decent finisher up front then they would have finished in a comfortable position each season. Recruitment team have got to have a word with themselves there.

  13. #3340
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    inarsenewetrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    10,159
    Thanks
    9,218
    Thanked 21,741 Times in 6,796 Posts
    Rep Power
    311057
    Quote Originally Posted by Medzdidz View Post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Discussing who may line up for Brighton.

    Interesting fact in there that the only player to have Created more chances than Pascal Gross since they were promoted in 2017 is Kevin De Brunye. Nice opposite to the same article discussing how Maupay has now gone seven games without a goal and Brighton well known problems in front of goal since promotion shows that If they had a decent finisher up front then they would have finished in a comfortable position each season. Recruitment team have got to have a word with themselves there.
    this team that is so desperate for a finisher signed welbeck...let that sink in. They are better off with alekasir LOL

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:


+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 470

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 103.54 Kb. compressed to 94.14 Kb. by saving 9.40 Kb. (9.08%)]