This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    That's the end of his career if he goes to such places.
    I think Brighton, even with it being EPL, is currently being a career suicide. He's currently in his prime, but he's being wasted on the bench.
    I think a move to anywhere where he can get a consistent starter role is very important this season especially since it's a WC season.

A loan move to Turkey or Holland would be best. I wouldn't even oppose a move to Greece for a year.
    Just anything to get his confidence back up like he did back at AZ.

Comment

He needs to be open for a paycut for any sort of move to happen. 2.5m/year is what EL and some CL level teams pay their wingers in Spain/Germany/Italy and he isn't going to get an upgrade to them. No team at Brighton's level in another top league would pay that.

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion 2020/21

Ajax are very close to signing Berghuis, which increases the possibility that Feyenoord will get Jahanbakhsh as a replacement on the right wing. If he can regain his AZ form, he will easily be their star player and help Feyenoord challenging PSV and AZ for 2nd / 3rd spots.

Comment

You guys see the report that Potter snubbed Tottenham cause he thinks he get a job at a Top 4 club eventually?

I might have a better chance with Beyonce

Comment

Brighton refused to let Percy Tau join South Africa in the Olympics, because they want him in training for pre-season.

This means they are going to get him involved in the team in the upcoming season. This is even more bad news for Alireza's chances of getting playing time if he is to stay in Brighton this season.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
              Brighton refused to let Percy Tau join South Africa in the Olympics, because they want him in training for pre-season.

This means they are going to get him involved in the team in the upcoming season. This is even more bad news for Alireza's chances of getting playing time if he is to stay in Brighton this season.
              Considering JB was preferred to Tau even by Potter, to me it says they’re not signing anyone at a high level in midfield and that JB will be expected to compete for a starting spot.

Comment

Considering JB was preferred to Tau even by Potter, to me it says they’re not signing anyone at a high level in midfield and that JB will be expected to compete for a starting spot.
                I was expecting them to ship Tau out this offseason which would have decreased Competition for Alireza as the back up forward.

I think between this and the tone of Alireza's interview on Iranian TV a few weeks back, it will be Alireza who gets shipped out this offseason, and tau takes his spot.

I guess we will have to wait another 2-3 weeks and see how things go once Alireza is back in UK (and finishes his quarantine).

Comment

Feyenoord it is not what it used to be. They finished 5th, almost 30 points gap with Ajax. That is huge...

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                    Feyenoord it is not what it used to be. They finished 5th, almost 30 points gap with Ajax. That is huge...
                    Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                    I agree with you, historically wise it is a big Dutch club but performance wise they are worse than AZ who have a smaller budget and yet they always push Ajax for the title. In that sense Feyenoord would be a huge downgrade for Jahanbakhsh. I also don't know if he will take an Eredivisie offer at all because he basically reached everything at AZ already (top scorer title Eredivisie, best player of the season, etc). However, if he still goes to Eredivisie, PSV would be a preferable move because they participate in Champions League qualifiers (vs. Galatasaray, tough game) and with some reinforcements this summer, they can compete with Ajax and do well in EL group stage. Still hope that he goes to a mid table / lower Bundesliga team in order to challenge himself and regain his confidence, because he won't be facing top class defenders in Netherlands and playing there won't say much about his real ability whereas in Bundesliga he will face quality sides.

Comment

The fact that Brighton is not letting Tau compete in Olympics may actually mean that they want to trade him and a trade is imminent!!! After all, they can't trade him to another club while he is competing in Olympics. He needs to be present and go to the buying club to sign/take physical tests, etc...

Remember, Mac Allister is competing in Olympics and Brighton is not holding him back.

The fact that Tau was not getting any love from Potter last year tells me that he is on his way out...

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                        The fact that Brighton is not letting Tau compete in Olympics may actually mean that they want to trade him and a trade is imminent!!! After all, they can't trade him to another club while he is competing in Olympics. He needs to be present and go to the buying club to sign/take physical tests, etc...
                        Remember, Mac Allister is competing in Olympics and Brighton is not holding him back.
                        The fact that Tau was not getting any love from Potter last year tells me that he is on his way out...
                        That's a fair point.

Comment

Jahanbakhsh should not move to Turkey, he will warm the bench even harder than in the PL. The best league for him is the Eredivisie where they play with real wingers.

Feyenoord would be a great club for him, they are right at his level and are in a stage where they are building a team so he can become an important player for them. It's a beautiful traditional club and their star Berghuis is moving to another club, it would be a perfect fit and timing. Only problem is the salary, he will earn way less money so he will have to decide what is more important: keep making good money and warming the bench ay Brighton for another 2 years or make the best of his remaining years as a professional footballer. His ceiling is the top 5 in the Eredivisie and there is nothing wrong with that. He has earned really good money at Brighton the past 3 seasons so he does not have to worry about his future after football.

Comment

They can just be an asshole club aswell, not letting him go just to set an example anst still not giving tau playingtime. they just want him there incase they have injuries and so on.. i for one wouldnt rob him from that oppertunity.. poor percy
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Feyenoord clubwatcher Mikos Gouka said that Alireza Jahanbakhsh seems to be the perfect replacement for Steven Berghuis, but that Jahanbakhsh has more options than Feyenoord:

https://twitter.com/Luukinho161/stat...28686045016064

Wonder what those options are. I think he won't choose Feyenoord unless the other offers are really low ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                                Wonder what those options are.
                                Benching and wasting your talent on Brighton bench? .....

Comment

Working...
                                X