This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taz View Post
    The expectation is not someone who has randomly assigned them the target, it's the scientific measure of how many points their performances deserved under an unbiased model.

https://understat.com/league/EPL
    It depends on your definition of scientific... if your model does not match reality, trying to adjust reality is not the answer. believe the results rather than some dubious model.
    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

I know we all like to have a laugh at Brighton sometimes (only reason we talk about them is because Alireza is there) and we talk about how many points they have etc but certain things do have to to be taken into consideration. They are not made of money and are technically punching above their weight, they have the 16th lowest budget in the league this season (https://www.planetfootball.com/quick...ague-position/ ) which proves that point.
      Also we all laugh about the xG thing sometimes too but their goal difference tells a story too, it was -6 which was the second best in the bottom half of the table. They also had the 7th best defensive record in the league too, proves the xG point really that if they had finished more chances (and they had a lot of chances that they wasted nearly every game) that this club would have been easily higher in the table.
      The fault must come with the transfers during the summer window but then again they are not made of money and Covid has effected every team in bad way so they went for high risk cost effective free transfers that haven fully payed off.

Anyway, we all have our own opinions - this is why it is a discussion forum.

Comment

They definitely played very very attractive football. I found myself never bored watching their game.
        Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

damn his contract ends in June 2023. Brighton please let my man go. I'm sure he has offers from other leagues.

Its sad that his fitness is now up to Premier league level however he just doesn't fit with brighton's game system. I dono maybe brentford (if qualify to PL) would interested in him . even tho i still prefer it if he goes to germany or la liga.

Comment

Good display in the 1st half by Ali today.

Comment

xG is sooo overrated, especially by some folks on this board...!!
              about half of what they consider Expected Goals in their XGfigures is nothing but a very feeble and overly hopeful expectations of realistically ending in the back of net ..!
              also many Xg fanboys of Pothead forget how Exhausting it is for any Attacker to play in his typical system of play(having to track back all game long, often way back to top of their own box in order to prevent damaging counters and forming passing squares to play it forward from Back) hence how difficult the ensuing task of putting proper Finishing touches on the half chances it presents to them..!!
              off course when those half chances fail to end in the back of the net, they quickly wanna point the finger to the weakness on part of Front 3 attackers and ignorantly claim that a Proven top Striker or this guy and that guy playing instead of another Bs quick fix is the Solution to their scoring shortcomings ...!!

about the only thing that impresses me about BHA is how well they manage to almost always play the ball from back and not resort to long balls and kick N rush as its customary with lowly english clubs, especially vs the league heavyweights ..!! but then again much of their success on that front is down to individual brilliance of their skipper who has done a brilliant job of anchoring and organizing their backline season after season now...! not to mention how his rather frequent scoring from set pieces many times has bailed them outa sure losses..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                I know we all like to have a laugh at Brighton sometimes (only reason we talk about them is because Alireza is there) and we talk about how many points they have etc but certain things do have to to be taken into consideration. They are not made of money and are technically punching above their weight, they have the 16th lowest budget in the league this season (https://www.planetfootball.com/quick...ague-position/ ) which proves that point.
                Also we all laugh about the xG thing sometimes too but their goal difference tells a story too, it was -6 which was the second best in the bottom half of the table. They also had the 7th best defensive record in the league too, proves the xG point really that if they had finished more chances (and they had a lot of chances that they wasted nearly every game) that this club would have been easily higher in the table.
                The fault must come with the transfers during the summer window but then again they are not made of money and Covid has effected every team in bad way so they went for high risk cost effective free transfers that haven fully payed off.
                Anyway, we all have our own opinions - this is why it is a discussion forum.
                Brighton have 34 (over 21) squad players so nine will have to go to get the number down to 25, w/o signing new players. 11 are below AJ in the pecking order or are crocked. AJ is on the fringe.

Comment

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...on-his-future/

Youve got no future in that shittt team son, just gtfo to anywhere will do atm..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                    http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...on-his-future/

Youve got no future in that shittt team son, just gtfo to anywhere will do atm..!
                    Harjaayi ke bere hoghooghesh kam mishe, bayad bebinim haazer ast daraamadesh kamtar beshe ya na.

Vali dige fekr nakonam betoone bere Ajax.
                    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
                      Harjaayi ke bere hoghooghesh kam mishe, bayad bebinim haazer ast daraamadesh kamtar beshe ya na.

Vali dige fekr nakonam betoone bere Ajax.
                      that was a good excuse for staying put last summer but not anymore, it would suggest too much greed n complacency ..!!

Comment

Guys if JB was greedy and after money he would have gone to Leicester when they offered him a much better financial offer. He’s too caught up in trying to be loyal to a club that has not been loyal to him.

PS: I’m typing all of this ^ while currently wearing a BHA warm up sweater at the gym
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion 2020/21

While Ajax seems to be off the table, he will definitely have PSV and Feyenoord wanting his services since Berghuis is departing from Feyenoord. It’s very likely that they will make an offer since they will have some money to spend when they sell Berghuis. Though I must say Feyenoord is a huge downgrade (ended 5th this year and barely made Conference playoffs), I rather see him moving to a better team in Portugal, Belgium or perhaps even Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            While Ajax seems to be off the table, he will definitely have PSV and Feyenoord wanting his services since Berghuis is departing from Feyenoord. It’s very likely that they will make an offer since they will have some money to spend when they sell Berghuis. Though I must say Feyenoord is a huge downgrade (ended 5th this year and barely made Conference playoffs), I rather see him moving to a better team in Portugal, Belgium or perhaps even Turkey.
                            Berghuis is literally the perfect example of what can still happen to aRJ if he fucks off from brighton. He was also a failure as a winger in england, played just 9 games for watford after great stint at AZ. Returned to holland, got into dutch NT setup, and will now certainly get a nice transfer to wolfsburg at the age of 29

ARJ should also go rehabilitate himself in an environment he knows (this is assuming he has no BuLi, Ligue 1, etc offers), get back in real form, play some european football, and within 1-2 seasons I am sure he will have the chance at another big league (keep in mind he was a much better player than berghuis ever was).

Comment

IMHO, ARJ has made enough money here. He seems to be the type to realize that money is not everything (for younger one in this forum I can speak from experience ). I hope he goes somewhere decent and reinvigorates his career as suggested above.

Go ARJ!

Comment

I, for one, don't have a strong feeling for what ARJ should do. I don't think just simply going to another team where he gets more playing time will improve him. He is improving every year at Brighton without getting playing time. Also, he was on the verge of becoming a regular starter at the beginning of this season before he got injured and got to the same spot by the end of the season. Much will depend on who leaves the team and what kind of striker they bring in.

Also, money is important. He is not being greedy. Just imagine if he saves up enough money and starts another academy in Iran like the Kia Academy... Iranian football would advance so much in one generation if we had 10 Kia academies in Iran.

Comment

Working...
                                X