X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
    [ATTACH]18882[/ATTACH]

This comment shows how Jahanbakhsh is the scapegoat of this club. It doesn’t even matter if he doesn’t play.

Comments like this are disgraceful. Not even the person who posted the sub list values Jahanbakhsh.

This form of hate speech is a mentality. Notice how the guy who posted the hate speech felt his ’joke’ will be tolerated based on the fans low views of Jahanbakhsh. Jahanbakhsh has been their most patient and respectful player. He even performs better on average than their other players.

The hate speech even received a like from someone which proves my point.

Disgraceful.
    Whether or not you’re iranian, it’s an extremely f*cked up joke (it doesn’t even fit our stereotype). Especially since ARJ personifies such decency, professionalism, and humility.

Unfortunately, being iranian carries a negative stereotype. If ARJ was brazilian, spainiard, who knows? Maybe every mistake on the field wouldn’t be so heavily scrutinized, and he’d get more playing time.

I felt like Potter showed his true self last season when ARJ scored 2 goals, and was brimming with confidence: he didn’t reward him with much more playing time.

I admire ARJ’s fighting spirit, but he needs to move on. It’s like trying to please a never ending finicky girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
      Don’t tell me to tolerate ’jokes’ of terrorism and suicide bombing based on how I look or my ethnicity.
      It should neither be tolerated or normalized.
      Some Bolton fans made the same joke about Teimourian wayy back in the day,, obsessing over the question of "whether he can eat bacon".

Fans are stupid and the British are known for having some of the most slabheaded fans in Europe, next to the Russians and Italians. Let it go.

Dorost shodani nistan

Comment

Name a more iconic duo than uneducated xenophobic working class Brits and a liking for football. It's no surprise that they make up some of the club forum. It's not that deep, lol at the joke or stupidity of it and move on.

Comment

https://reddit.com/r/soccer/comments...top_5_leagues/

Brighton fairly high on the list of worst teams in Europe’s top 5 leagues. Poor team with poor tactics that flows down from the coach. Although some people chose not to appreciate it, Carlos Queiroz acknowledged our deficiencies when he joined TM, and built a tactic that hid our weaknesses. Some people called it “parking the bus”, but the fact we didn’t fear any team in Asia for a few years shows that his tactic, even if not pretty, worked.

Having iran emulate Spain’s tiki-taka which was popular when CQ joined would’ve seen us crash and burn quickly. Brighton is not a talented team, but Potter is trying to play a tactic like he’s Liverpool or another top team. Polishing up a 1974 dodge to race against a Ferrari isn’t going to cut it. You need grit and thinking outside the box to hand with superior talent. You can’t just try to apply better teams’ styles to lower level players.

I don’t think anyone can argue for Potter/Brighton anymore. Their fans will be lashing out at all the players soon as the ship continues sinking. I smell relegation and a job search incoming for Potter. Hopefully he’ll learn a valuable lesson and utilize a tactic that his players can execute successfully.

Comment

Silly to compare between leagues by Pts/G but what isn't silly to note is:

- there are still 3 Prem teams worse than them
            - that xGDiff indicates they will rise to greater heights

Until at least one of the above doesn't change, Bloom will likely retain faith in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
              Silly to compare between leagues by Pts/G but what isn't silly to note is:
              - there are still 3 Prem teams worse than them
              - that xGDiff indicates they will rise to greater heights
              Until at least one of the above doesn't change, Bloom will likely retain faith in him.
              I’m sure all of our dad’s have told us this by now in some version or another. “If my aunt had a ****** she would be my uncle.”
              I don’t put much faith into these advanced stats. I look at actual goals scored and other statistics in objective reality, and Brighton plays poor football. Watching them play this year has actually made me dislike watching football. I’m not lying. It’s like a torture watching some of these low quality players.
              If they “should be” doing well, don’t you think they should get a move on actually doing well before they’re relegated? A few results going in favor of the 3 lower ranked EPL teams and Brighton will be playing Championship football next year. Welbeck, Lallana, etc. are washed and were never world-beaters to begin with. Maupay is overhyped, Ryan lost every semblance of confidence (sign of a great team when your GK gives up), and don’t even get me started on March. That guy should be playing in League One and even there he wouldnt be a game-changer.
              Being 100% objective, even ARJ is a shadow of his former self with no confidence. The team just plain, flat-out sucks. I don’t care to ever watch them again and the fact that you can say with a straight face that “good times are a-comin” for Brighton makes me question such an unearned sense of optimism. In what universe has this team or any or it’s players shown themselves to be anything more than a relegation candidate under Potter. They can play as attractive stat-padding football as they like, but the proof is in the results. When they start giving points out for aimless possession of the ball, Potter will be at the top of the table. Otherwise, score goals, win games. It couldn’t be simpler, quite honestly.

Comment

You missed out their best player Lamptey who looks to be one of their most influential given the drastic downturn in their performances whenever he's been missing. It makes sense too as he's one of the only ones with the ability and bravery to break lines and actually get them to be incisive move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                  You missed out their best player Lamptey who looks to be one of their most influential given the drastic downturn in their performances whenever he's been missing. It makes sense too as he's one of the only ones with the ability and bravery to break lines and actually get them to be incisive move forward.
                  Lamptey will surely be a star on a more competent team. When I’ve seen him and guys like Bissouma play, I notice they would be very useful with a better, more confident team. Lamptey showing potential is no saving-grace for Brighton. He’ll most likely be a massive star when he moves onto a top EPL team, and I’m sure some like yourself will use that to bolster this Potter team in retrospect. A potential star looks above-average, a former golden boot winner has lost complete confidence, the Australian NT GK looked to be no better than a local pickup game GK and lost his spot. I think you must be able to see all this, but are choosing to be a contrarian for some purpose. How so many players on this team have “lost confidence” and the squad is a revolving door of changes every week.

Comment

Goals/highlights

Comment

People have been start tweeting "respect jahanbakhsh"... anyone here knowing the context?

Comment

Poor ARJ, hes even cold in this forum now

Comment

Originally posted by Iman_Joon View Post
                          Poor ARJ, hes even cold in this forum now
                          Unless he moves this transfer window, get used to this. With Percy Tau joining and Zakiri starting to get playing time, Alireza will only see action in early stage FA cup games, or if there are a bunch of injuries.

His best option right now is a loan to a championship team fighting for promotion. Hopefully that will get him more regular playing time and exposure that can set him up for a move to a different EPL team in the summer. A temporary step back which can help him rebuild his reputation and value.

Comment

Iranian media apparently got some quotes from him. If the quotes are real, it appears the first time that JB is outwardly not happy. He states that he had offers in the summer, but Potters and management asked him to stay. It’s looking more likely that he is actively looking to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                              Iranian media apparently got some quotes from him. If the quotes are real, it appears the first time that JB is outwardly not happy. He states that he had offers in the summer, but Potters and management asked him to stay. It’s looking more likely that he is actively looking to leave.
                              https://www.varzesh3.com/news/172983...a9%d9%86%d8%af

PSYCHOPATH
                              https://open.spotify.com/track/54q3rTiRdvXGar9WvqJA4T

Comment

I hope he make a move to a different PL team

Comment

Working...
                                X