This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    Will this same standard be applied to Potter?

No. Obviously the same standards are not being applied. Potter is a con-man if nothing else. He has convinced everyone that getting 5 wins in a whole year is some sort of an accomplishment worthy of a long-term contract.

Of course, like all con-men, his jig will be up at some point. Hopefully sooner rather than later for the sake of BHA. As long as this witless moron is the coach, BHA is going nowhere, with or without AJB.
    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
      • Jahanbakhsh played with their ”B team”. In reality, their ”B team” is the same as their regular starters in terms of individual quality.

• The players have zero chemistry because that lineup has never played together.

• Jahanbakhsh played as a striker when he isn’t physical, fast or tall. He defended as a central striker but when they had the ball, he played on far out in the right wing, showing that his instinct is to be a winger and not a striker. In other words, he was played out of position.

• He received zero service and worked harder than anyone else in offense.

• The commentators stated that the lineup has 7 starts this season in total (excluding Bissouma), which means that they lack match fitness and sharpness.

The Brighton fans are bashing Jahanbakhsh in a nasty way and wishing for a January exit. They are giving him a rating of 3-4 while they are rating other players 5-7.
      Even though a few fans gave him a 6, not a single Brighton fan has defended him or pointed out the above-mentioned facts that I stated. Instead, they are treating him as if he played with the A team and performed badly.

They even opened a whole new Jahanbakhsh thread just to say that they now know that Jahanbakhsh can’t play in yet another position (striker) which is insanity because obviously they are judging his wingback role from the first year which is a position he never asked for, claimed he can play or was even supposed to play well. It’s not like he has performed bad in his natural role as a right winger, which makes that thread shocking.

They rated Davy Propper higher than Jahanbakhsh when Propper is supposed to be a playmaker and create chances for the forwards. Their excuse? ”Propper has had periods of being consistent for years while Jahanbakhsh never was” which lacks logic because Jahanbakhsh has never had a consistent run as a starter with the main team. What has Propper’s previous consistency anything to do with his performance yesterday? How can that be a factor for excuse?

All his starts are in cups with the B team or in the leauge with the B team.

The fact that the lineup lacked match fitness and sharpness means that Jahanbakhsh shouldn't be judged as harshly as Maupay, Trossard, Welbeck, etc. Yet, they bash him when he has to perform in circumstances that are much harder, against a rich team like Arsenal.

Jahanbakhsh didn't put Brighton in this position in the league but he gets blamed as the problem of the team. Instead they want Maupay to play who doesn't score for many games in a row, or Welbeck who misses golden chances, or Trossard who lacks determination on the pitch. Maupay, Trossard and Welbeck get to play every week with the main team that has chemistry, match fitness and many minutes to perform without pressure, against easier opponents. Their efforts has placed them close to relegation. Yet, Jahanbakhsh who never gets starting minutes is the problem according to the fans.

I understand that they expect magic from a record signing player but he hasn’t even had a consistent run.
      I totally sympathies with them. Fans like to see their players fight, tackle, harass, even get a yellow card and commit fouls any fucking thing to destroy the opposition formation/game plans/tactics. ARJ I am afraid does not do that. He LOOKS LIKE he jogs around the pitch.
      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
      نگاه میکنید.
      sigpic
      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
        I totally sympathies with them. Fans like to see their players fight, tackle, harass, even get a yellow card and commit fouls any fucking thing to destroy the opposition formation/game plans/tactics. ARJ I am afraid does not do that. He LOOKS LIKE he jogs around the pitch.
        Jahanbakhsh got a yellow card for committing a foul.

In another instance, he fought for a ball on the left side and almost injured himself from overextending. In other words, he was running from side to side covering the opponents side of the pitch. He jogs to perserve energy because he isn't a defensive winger, just like how Aubameyang was staying forward. Jahanbakhsh is not a defender and it is unacceptable to demand those qualities from him when he was signed as a record transfer based on his performances in AZ Alkmaar as an attacking player. This means that Brighton scouted and were fully aware of his qualities.

The point is, Jahanbakhsh needs to be utilised as an attacking winger which is what he has always been. Then and only then can he be judged.
        #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
          Jahanbakhsh got a yellow card for committing a foul.

In another instance, he fought for a ball on the left side and almost injured himself from overextending. In other words, he was running from side to side covering the opponents side of the pitch. He jogs to perserve energy because he isn't a defensive winger, just like how Aubameyang was staying forward. Jahanbakhsh is not a defender and it is unacceptable to demand those qualities from him when he was signed as a record transfer based on his performances in AZ Alkmaar as an attacking player. This means that Brighton scouted and were fully aware of his qualities.

The point is, Jahanbakhsh needs to be utilised as an attacking winger which is what he has always been. Then and only then can he be judged.
          Your reply is here
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic

Comment

You can question the lad's confidence, tactical understanding and maybe even technical ability if you're particularly bold but you can't say a thing about his work ethic and determination. I assume we don't have access to the stats but his running would prove it I think.

He may seem tame and too nice because of his off-field personality but he has good form for getting under the opponent's skin which shows his heart is there and healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
              You can question the lad's confidence, tactical understanding and maybe even technical ability if you're particularly bold but you can't say a thing about his work ethic and determination. I assume we don't have access to the stats but his running would prove it I think.
              He may seem tame and too nice because of his off-field personality but he has good form for getting under the opponent's skin which shows his heart is there and healthy.
              I don't know man, yesterday in the first half he and Mac Allister were laid back defensively and didn't really press.

Not the first time this season where he was hands off. Not sure if it's coach's instructions, or what.

Comment

Sorry mate. reality can't be changed because you say so. Fans have eyes and see what they see. I have defended ARJ for the last 3 years in this club. But tbh he does not play football like they like in England or these days anywhere. As I said previously unless he really has lost interest and does not give a fvck any more.
                نگاه میکنید.
                sigpic

Comment

I saw good intent to press from him. Where he didn't seemed to be intelligent on his part as he wasn't backed up by the shite around him like that useless Messi lookalike. It's hard to analyse it I guess for aforementioned reasons because of the actual team unit needing to support you for your efforts to not be wasted. Chossard and Maupay certainly don't improve on his work-rate. Connolly does but so would I if I knew I was as out of my depth as Connolly knows he is.

Comment

As I said before I didn’t watch the whole game but what I did see when I Did was him winning the ball back a couple of times, one that led to the mess up that Mac Allister made in the first half.
                    Also Brighton don’t press from the front, they get back into shape when they lose their ball and the attackers drop back. They look to build from the back, not the quick ball up front and a quick turnover. From this point of view Alireza is only doing what he has been asked to do by his boss.

Comment

I was the one a couple of months back that posted that Jahanbakhsh needs to press harder especially when he comes in as a sub and has fresh legs. But I can't fault him at all for the way he pressed yesterday. A big part of why Arsenal was so toothless in the first half was because of good pressing and in numbers. The second half was less so as legs were getting more tired and we were pressing with less numbers too. I thought he did great yesterday.

Comment

Important to keep in mind that this is an Arsenal side with their back against the wall more than ever. Ali was out of his usual position often being marked by Tierney, who has been one of only two decent players for Arsenal this year. The other person commonly involved was Xhaka who is trying to prove himself after a needless red card.
                        Add that to the fact that he is not exactly a striker, and I would say he did as well as could be expected. He's a talented winger but you can't suddenly expect him to become Alan Shearer against Arsenal. Potty probably wasn't expecting more than a draw from this game anyways.

edit: despite his 1 or 2 blunders which happens to everyone, he's involved a lot and has the only decent effort on target at around min 4:40
                        You can also see a few instances where he makes the first pass of a one-two but does not receive the return despite being in decent position
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCenS4UCRNE

Comment

Comment

That's just nonsense defeatist talk. Let's deprive our players from the most competitive league because we're butthurt? No thanks.

I think what a lot of people (particularly those wishing ARJ would even go to China or Eredivisie) fail to grasp is just how beneficial the professional environment of elite football is compared to those farmer leagues.

You don't need to be churning out 90 minutes week in week out to reap the rewards and develop as a player. Ando got 2,205 mins of first-team football in 4 years in England (800 of which was in second tier). That's about 6 games a year. But rest assured those 4 years hd a big part to play in him becoming such a monster for us.

Take yesterday for example, the opportunity for ARJ to play in a top-level game against international quality players can't be downplayed. He will have learned a lot from playing out of position also. Posting up 30 goals in 50 games a season at AZ Alkmaar may have been more enjoyable for us to follow but it wouldn't help his development anywhere near as much as now [where he gets the chance to learn from a world class coach like Pothead :P].
                            I don't think EPL is the most competive league in the world
                            Dutch league farmers league? wow... You know how much talents are produced in The Netherlands, you do realise how many good coaches come from the eredivisie and you do know in Europe the Dutch League has more to offer than lets say 60% of the contintent (only top 5 league is above its level)?
                            You are praising Ando for playing a few games in England, 'because it builds character' or something? I don't agree and hope to see our players play as much as possible, even if this means playing in weaker leagues such as the "farmer leagues"
                            And claiming that Ando his 4 years benchwarming "build the monster" means that football players doesn't need rhytem, playing time at all, they can just train with top teams and top coaches and they will grow into monsters?

England never suited our players and it seems that they are more skeptical than any other Western League (2nd is France, do you remember how they talked over there about Amiens getting a Iranian player and 3rd is The Netherlands) when it comes to judge Iranian players overall.

ARJ would be much better off playing every single week in a OK league and at a club that plays EL or CL every year, just like Azmoun is doing for example.

That monster league of yours got Ziyech straight from the farmers league and Ziyech is one of the greatest assets of EPL....
                            EPL is highly overrated and i will love to see ARJ prove you and British people wrong in another league and club!
                            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                              I don't think EPL is the most competive league in the world
                              Dutch league farmers league? wow... You know how much talents are produced in The Netherlands, you do realise how many good coaches come from the eredivisie and you do know in Europe the Dutch League has more to offer than lets say 60% of the contintent (only top 5 league is above its level)?
                              You are praising Ando for playing a few games in England, 'because it builds character' or something? I don't agree and hope to see our players play as much as possible, even if this means playing in weaker leagues such as the "farmer leagues"
                              And claiming that Ando his 4 years benchwarming "build the monster" means that football players doesn't need rhytem, playing time at all, they can just train with top teams and top coaches and they will grow into monsters?

England never suited our players and it seems that they are more skeptical than any other Western League (2nd is France, do you remember how they talked over there about Amiens getting a Iranian player and 3rd is The Netherlands) when it comes to judge Iranian players overall.

ARJ would be much better off playing every single week in a OK league and at a club that plays EL or CL every year, just like Azmoun is doing for example.

That monster league of yours got Ziyech straight from the farmers league and Ziyech is one of the greatest assets of EPL....
                              EPL is highly overrated and i will love to see ARJ prove you and British people wrong in another league and club!
                              Ziyech one of the greatest assets of EPL ? Has 7 PL games in his career. He is a brillant player indeed, but hasn't prove it in EPL yet due to his injuries.
                              Liga NOS produced Bruno Fernandes who is one if not the best player in the league , Belgian League Kevin De Bruyne, they are still farmers league (and i'm from belgium).

EPL is the most competitive league in the world and far ahead,. Would we got 5/6 players that could be regular in good sides in this league i would be more optimistic about iranian football.

Look @Heung Min Son progression since arrived in EPL, he is now a world class player. And that's a pain watch

our players should aim to play there, not run away from the challenge to some minor league and scraping 3rd place in CL group stages if lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by ali8karimi View Post
                                Dutch league is a Mickey mouse league compared to EPL, being top player in Holland doesnt guarentee you anything up there (see Vincent Janssen). Im sure Sardar would make it there . Our players must avoid it if they are not ready for the challenge.
                                I wouldn't call it that, not on par with EPL sure, but above all other leagues after German, Italian, Spanish, French, and English leagues..

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                                به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Working...
                                X